How did you find generally?

General discussion about your experience with the game.
RacerBG

Re: How did you find generally?

Post by RacerBG »

I found it thanks to my friend Ivaneurope, which is already here in the forum. :bg:
Gentlemens, start your engines!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

RacerBG wrote:I found it thanks to my friend Ivaneurope, which is already here in the forum. :bg:
A question because I'm curious: How did you know him? :scratch:
RacerBG

Post by RacerBG »

Bob Barker wrote:
RacerBG wrote:I found it thanks to my friend Ivaneurope, which is already here in the forum. :bg:
A question because I'm curious: How did you know him? :scratch:
From GPM2World Forum, and also he is my friend, because we are both from Bulgaria and almost everyday we can talk together. :cool:
Gentlemens, start your engines!
Glen

Post by Glen »

(maybe in 2004-2005) I was looking for "slick n slide", a game I played when I was 10. And found a "slick n slide like" game named generally :)
bgcatfan

Post by bgcatfan »

I've already posted in this thread a while ago, but I just wrote a short post on my blog about the game. It includes a picture of the track I saw on the front page of :rsc: way back in 2002. Just thought you would all like to see. The track is Milano66 by Lol SpeadFreak. I've not kept my GR copies over the years, but I happen to have a CD of my GeneRally folder from 2003 and this track is still in there.

http://christophersen.wordpress.com/201 ... generally/
M1KA

Post by M1KA »

2004, looking for a easy F1 game like "F1 Dream" of Capcom (1988).
No internet at home, so after so many races at "Indonesia" I left until today.
Easy English, please...
Hello, my name is Iñigo Montoya.
K5054

How and why you started playing Generally?

Post by K5054 »

I want to know, how you started playng Generally. To begin with my story, I was looking for a freeware games that could run smoothly on my netbook, which I use as a notebook at school. After few days of searching i found GR, downloaded it and started to play. Several hours later, I started looking for addons, mainly cars. That's how I ended here :wave:
puttz

Re: How and why you started playing Generally?

Post by puttz »

My story is much the same, I was looking for freeware racing stuff and stumbled across GR, then discovered this forum and just had to sign up so I could get more stuff to race with. :bg:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

It has been nearly a decade since I first stubled across GeneRally - I found it as part of an PC magazine CD and one of the first things I ever did was making awful tracks and making monstrocities out of the original tracks :D

Then the Desktop PC broke and although it was repaired all GR data was lost. Since I didn't had internet back then and hadn't knew that it's freeware I didn't played it until I stumbled on it again some time later. I think it was when RSC was still around as a GR addon hub. And then again some hiatus (I've switched computers from a Desktop to a Laptop at the time) until I encountered the GRIF. And since then (it has been 5 years of so) I have GR (multiple copies to be exact :D)
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Marco

Post by Marco »

Well I have to thank Maciej1 for bringing me into Generally world :bowdown: .
It was in 2011 fall (I think :scratch: ). I don't remember why, but I was looking for Barcelona circuit pictures and I came across a picture of Maciejs Barcelona track. It took me to his site. There I started looking around I really liked what I found. So I downloaded much of his tracks and cars (There were only F1s :D ). Only later I tried to make my own tracks. It didn't go well :ouch: .
In 2012 February I found this place. At first I signed up just to download stuff :( , but it was until November when I released my first track. And since then I'm a normal community member :) .
Owner of Wulff Motorsport team and car company
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All my released tracks and cars
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Well. A very long time ago, I found Generally. And I played it, on the original tracks (the very original ones plus the World Tour tracks). But then I stopped. For a very long time.

Then, 3 years ago, in 2013, I found GR again, with a very big car+track back (4586 tracks and more then 200 cars). I started again, this lasted to today. Later, when I watched for more tracks, I found as first forum the PGR.de one, but I only downloaded cars+tracks. And I updated GR to 1.20c, btw, with all content, that I had.

Later in January/February 2014, when I again searched for new tracks, I found also GRIF, but I found out that I couldn't download anything, because I had to sign up then to download. So, I signed up. But for the beginning, I only used it for download purposes, my first post was on 14th February on GR World Tour by Maciej1 because I couldn't download it without Virus-Message. Later I started to comment tracks. And then, even more. ;) (Look in Spolier for the story of me after I joined. ;) ).
On April 2014 I posted my first track, and it wasn't very good, TBH.

In July 2014 I started my GR racing career, at the 2nd GRID: Hat-Trick and the GRC S22 Race 1, both of them I got a penalty for using wrong tracks. :|

In October and then end November/beginning December I posted 4 more tracks, but all almost finished ones from the abandoned WIP thread (2 from egamad, 1 from BBA and 1 from Martyn. Martyn even later thanked me that I finished his track. ;)

In February 2015 I got 2 Rabinäs (Community and Rookie), before I made in March 2015 a German language pack for GR 1.20c and I tried to make a car (successless). I posted this car, (Delfin), but

In June 2015 I (for the first and so far only time) participated at the Joint-Effort Track Crew by working on JE#81 as FT (Finishing Touches). I also made the name for JE#81 (Panaco). At the end, this track took, together with Broncerock from Emil Patanen, first place at the ToM of May/June 2015. :D This was also the last time I worked (so far) on a track.

Back to my racing career: In 2014 I had good success in GRFC (today GRFGP) and GRTCC. In both series podiums and contracts to top-teams (in GRFC firstly Destiny Racing in the middle of my season, then for 2015 Zegarek Power, and in GRTCC for 2015 firstly Marcinho Motorsports II, but before season started, Squadron Motorsports). In beginning 2015 I hosted my first series, the Race of Champions 2015. I also participated, and got to the Quarter-Finals. Beginning 2015 was a weak part of my career, weak GRFGP results, mostly weak GTT results and decent GRTC results.

Then, I delivered much better. 2nd place of the GR Champions League, 5 podiums in row in GRTCC (with team-championship for Squadron Motorsports with me and Chef Yankess (GRTCC champion btw), and first victory in GRTC in Hadden-Sprint. And PGRF1 also was a very good time. With Maclape at Caterham-Windblitz Motorsports, I had a good time. Maclape won 12 of 15 races, and got World Champion, before Caterham got Team-Champion. And on the final race, I won in Brazil, too, making 13 of 15 races won for Caterham. The 5th GRTCC started good for me, Victory in Race 1, and after the 1st weekend (Race 1+2 in Makarresh), I was on first place on the general standings. ;) But then, I got weaker, and finished 5th in general standings. I also did 2016 Race of Champions (ambitious, but rubbish), before we got to today, ready for GRFGP to start, after 3 very good test days, ready for my first GRFGP victory. :misch:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Some time ago, two years probably, I was searching on the Internet for some very old odd fun games :rainbow: which runs on PC with the Mame emulator. I was looking for games like Super Sprint, Super OffRoad, F1 Dream ecc.. when casually I saw an image of Generally.
So that's is how I started playing on Generally :yipee: , and definitely forgetting about the '80 games (I'm not old, I just found them funny :notme: ).
About the forum I signed here just for download stuffs which weren't avilable on related sites like CaroftheMonth, GR TrackDatabase ecc.. :bomb:

(I just noticed that since my join date I'm the most active new member with 45 posts!)
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

I discovered GeneRally by accident around 2012, I believe. I was watching some videos on YouTube, like I usually do, when I found a channel called "Inca4LifeGP4". There, I found some GeneRally videos. The simplicity of the game made me curious to try it. So, one day I downloaded it and the rest is history.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

My first race on the GRPL is 19.06.2009. I not make track and car. I only racing.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

In July 2002, specifically on the 23rd - yes, I do have this date memorized and occasionally I've released tracks on that very date :mrgreen: - I was in search of something to play at the Home of the Underdogs, a site mostly dedicated to abandonware. I've always liked top-down racers so I quickly followed a link to the official GR site when I saw this game being featured. I downloaded GR 1.00, tried it quickly and the same or the next day I downloaded everything there was at the track database (this was the original TDB, before RSC days). Tried the track editor as well but didn't produce anything worthy of release until September when I made my first forum post with the release of THRing. :cool2:

The rest is history - it's an understatement to say that I was hooked. And I never really checked that abandonware site afterwards - I did find what I was looking for, the perfect game for me. :D
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I found the game on a CD with various freeware games and demos of some videogame magazine :D. It was in 2006 or something. I had no internet connection back then so I only played with my brother in multiplayer and created tracks (real crappy ones though :D :D ) to race at. But it was alright, multiplayer on the same PC in racing game :D. Then later I found RSC forums and joined and enjoyed good times with community since then :).
Areen

Post by Areen »

My friend showed me this game in 2006. We played at his house with 2 other friends on one keyboard, because he only had a decent computer at that time (at least that's how I remember it). Awesome times. ;^) Then after few months we stopped and we dropped this game. In 2009 I re-discovered this game thanks to other friend (best regards Mati) by joining polish generally community. Then I was active participant in league racing, community and trackmaking. I can tell, I was pretty... successful. I ended my journey with this game at the beginning of 2015.

Why this game? For no real reason, except - I had a really weak PC and I wasn't able to play most of the games that my friends played at the time. After a year I started enjoying making tracks and that's what kept me in this community. I was flattered by the fact that sb recognised my works and told me that my tracks are awesome - at that time it was everything for me because I struggled with depression and suicidal attempts. But everything comes to it's end, and the same goes with generally. Mostly because kickstarted didn't went well, probably that bring me to the point when game started to seem pointless.

I miss these days, but I have no bounds and motivation to be active in this community, especially when GeneRally Polska does not exists. ;( So, that's my story...
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Areen, GR Polska still exists, here: http://generallypolska.byethost31.com/
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Well, I started playing GeneRally since it was published (2003). My uncle just found it (like any other mini-games) and I really liked GeneRally so I didn't stop playing this. Maybe I had once longer break from this, but I was still playing this, mainly with AIs.

In 2009 I decided to look for the GeneRally competition in the internet and I found GRF1 - Polish competition leaded by Rumek (a great person in Polish GR area in my opinion). In this competition, starting in GP2 Series, I finished season on 8th place collecting one 2nd place at rain Valencia race. In the same time, I started leading my own competition - GR MotoGP, but it wasn't a good chapter in my all GR career. Mainly because I started it too early, 1.5 month after joining to GR community, and after one another (and unlucky) try to lead it again on GRPL, I decided to give up making compos.

But at the end of 2010 I decided to join some competitions on GRIF. The first one was GRMFED Ace League leaded by Trigger Happy (who is still my idol as GR racer). Some months later I joined GR FormulaCup (renamed to FormulaGP) and I also started with a new competition - earlier it was GoCart Trophy, but after I didn't have enough time to lead it, I lost my idea. But later, I decided to start again with GT2 Trophy, which was renamed to Grand Tour Trophy (GTT). And after GeneRally 1.2c was published with possibility to make time races (distance with minutes), I started in 2012/2013 with Endurance competition.

My carmaking career started in a simply way - after there was making cars for FormulaGP, I tried to make something else in CarEditor and I created my first car ever from zero - gocart called Lambda GL4.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
janesill

Post by janesill »

As for me, my nephew introduced me to GR. Yes, my young nephew. Kids these days are more updated compared to their old counterparts LOL. After a few hours, I got hooked to the game's concept and spent hours after work in front of my laptop playing.
Online euro 2016 news writer and editor
sam1225

Post by sam1225 »

I was downloading some games on oneonlinegames.com . My favorite genre is racing So i saw generally