How did you find generally?

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: How did you find generally?

Post by Haruna »

Looking for Racer add-ons, ended up running into this.

Changed my life forever.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Haruna wrote:Looking for Racer add-ons, ended up running into this.

Changed my life forever.
what does Racer have to do with GR?
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

They're both freeware racing games with lots of addons.
TBH, I also discovered racer and :gr: at the same webpage (computerbild or sth). But GeneRally is a lot better (not only the idea, but also because some racer addons I downloaded had viruses in them :talkth: )
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

This was probably how I also discovered GeneRally, by falling into this section whilst taking a break from downloading racer addons.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Ironically I found Racer while browsing for GR addons. :rofl: But lost interest about that game soon. :gr: is way funnier. :bsmile:
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

XYY wrote:2004 or something I had downloaded lots of free computer games. :gr: , Boona Racer, Becher Race and another I don't remember.
When I tidied up my computer in 2007, I deleted the others and kept GR.
At that time I was doing many crappy tracks with my friend, all TE-Only, representing every country of europe (take a look at the spoiler or better don't take :mrgreen: , I uploaded the pic at PGR)
I also made some other crappy tracks in early times. But I guess it's not the place for discussion here ;)
Should be interesting to upgrade some rubbish tracks to new versions that could got ToM. I am making this with my track called Aveevuop.

I've found entering on a F1 tournament some time ago. I've stopped, but returned to play some time ago.
bgcatfan

Post by bgcatfan »

I found it in 2002 when I was searching RSC for tracks for Nascar Racing 4. I found a picture of a track "Milano 66" on the front page (I loved that track), followed the link, and was caught. I posted in the RSC forums and was soon directed to the official forum. So much as happened since then and I am happy to have had my little piece in the game's history. I don't play often anymore, but I still lurk every now and then. TuomoH probably remembers me stumbling on the scene :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

bgcatfan wrote:TuomoH probably remembers me stumbling on the scene :)
Sure, I still remember the ladder tournament. :cool2:
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

bgcatfan wrote:TuomoH probably remembers me stumbling on the scene :)
He's not the only one who remembers :mrgreen:
nygus

Post by nygus »

dont even know years ago my a friend showed me GR. for a long time we used 2 have a competition who ll have better lap time on Pargy with formula :bsmile: it was so long time ago we didnt even have internet @homes so everytime we had new best time we were textin eachother. since then i always got GR somewhere on my hdd n i play from time 2 time
Exkakx

Post by Exkakx »

I was just bored, and browsing around the internet 2 years ago. I found this game... just randomly.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

I found GR on my IT lesson (I looked for game for 3 players) :D
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

zorkzedork wrote:I found it as it came in a CD free with a magazine that had a few trial demos for games and a couple of freeware games and Generally was one of the only good ones on the disc.
:nod: same to me as well. I discovered GR back in 2002, lurked in the pre RSC forums and then in 2003 joined RSC.
Nowadays most of my GR related activities are hidden in the (restoring) backstage but I post from time to time as well :shhh: :D
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

I saw a link posted on a formula 1 forum waaay back in the very early days of the game. I remember wondering where Plante had gone, that's how long I've been playing
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

I used to participate in an online racing league for the game Grand Prix 3.

A guy there told me about GeneRally back in 2003, and the only reason I kept playing was because it had a track editor. I made some terrible tracks, found RSC, finally released a track pack, got far too kind comments (my first one from Fermoylle (sp?)), and kept going...

I mostly made tracks to have competitions with my friend (on one keyboard). The rest is history.

I haven't seen that particular friend in over 2 years, but I'm still here :-/
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Well, I know GeneRally since summer of 2006, when a gamer magazine (PC Guru I'd say) included this along with more minigames. Rest was forgotten, but we've played with my friend during a whole year. Then he's visited RSC and downloaded some stuffs somewhere in the winter 2006/07. Later my friend lost interest in GR, but I've registered on RSC in November 2007, and made a few stuffs, and now, I'm still one of the half-official forum leaders... :D
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Yusei Fudo

Post by Yusei Fudo »

I found GR like, probably about three (no idea) years ago, in a Finnish game web site called Jonneweb.net I just checked their car games, and put "freeware" as one of the options what it only shows, and saw GR :)
Trigger Happy wrote:Better to see worse but truly yours than false. :bg:
Coelho

Post by Coelho »

Yusei Fudo wrote:I found GR like, probably about three (no idea) years ago, in a Finnish game web site called Jonneweb.net I just checked their car games, and put "freeware" as one of thye options what it only shows, and saw GR :)
It happened almost the same thing. A few years ago I was searching in a very famous brazilian software website called "Baixaki"m which is probably between the top 5 most popular websites from Brazil, for a simple 2 Player racing game, so I could play with my lil' sister. Now she is not so young anymore.

Anyway, what was suposed to be a child's 2d game, became my favorite for years. But then I started playing Wolfteam, Toribash and I quitted it. So, when I finally got banned on both games, due to "hacking and stealing accounts" in Toribash and "Hacking Paypal Credit Cards". I tried to contact the admins saying what a mistake they've commited, but they ignored me. One of them even said he tracked my IP. If I would do this kind of things, I would hide my IP. I'm not that stupid.

Anyway, it was actually kindda good after all. I'm not addicted to games anymore. I even go to the gym now. But I still hope to see an Online Multiplayer version of GeneRally soon. :) :goal:
Question everything. Why?
Because once I ate a cookie made of cancer and pus.
They told me it was chocolate.
Why are there spoilers?
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Hacking? :scared:
Dammit, i have such an easy password.

BTW, some dude, JanTTux or something tried to make an online mod.
Other people have tried to play with sharing a keyboard via internet.

People didnt think that were the ways, so, you should wait.
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Coelho

Post by Coelho »

Wouter wrote:Hacking? :scared:
Dammit, i have such an easy password.

BTW, some dude, JanTTux or something tried to make an online mod.
Other people have tried to play with sharing a keyboard via internet.

People didnt think that were the ways, so, you should wait.
Nah, I was a scammer. That won't take you to nowhere, it only consumes time and hard work on creating useless websites and videos on Youtube. It's a good way to cheat, but, it only works for sometime, untill they find out. But, trust me, not worth it. I quitted.
The only outlaw thing I ever did, was maybe using a german Mastercard and Visa account number and password generator, which probably has caused a bunch of problems to Paypal and AeriaGames. They even threatened me about the police. I almost poop my pants. :rofl:

If I knew anything about programming, I'd definitely help you out, but, no idea on this area.

I've been waiting for years and I feel we're close to it. I'll wait.
Question everything. Why?
Because once I ate a cookie made of cancer and pus.
They told me it was chocolate.
Why are there spoilers?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

And now back to topic, please.
JoBi

Post by JoBi »

my brother found generally 2006, on a software-cd
he just bought it for me as a birthday-gift...but after he found generally on it, he never gave me this cd :pillepalle:
since december 2010 i play generally, too. zgr, mamo, hannuka, siwssracing and i (joBi :D) have many private championships :P
MattyG

Post by MattyG »

I came across GR in 2002 and then joined the forum in 2003 and i've loved the game ever since :)
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

It was the fifth class of primary school, lesson in the computer room.
Everywone was bored, so they were playing games that were on the computers
(like Mario, Megablast, Lion king, Happyland adventures, Ski jumping etc).
Suddenly I saw a friend playing in some strange racing game - it was Generally.
I looked closer, and I even liked it. We played it together until the end of the lesson.
At home, I downloaded this game. By the way, I found website with Mebiko's cars.
I downloaded all of them. Then i started making tracks, uploading them on
school computer using a USB stick and racing with friends.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

XYY wrote:2004 or something I had downloaded lots of free computer games. :gr: , Boona Racer, Becher Race and another I don't remember.
Ah, did you found :gr: in the website of Computerbild? :D I found it in the same way 5 or 6 years ago, or was it in another website? I can't remember. :roll: Also downloaded some free racing games here, but only GR survived. :mrgreen: :P