Räbinä Awards 2015 Gala Thread

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Räbinä Awards 2015 Gala Thread

Post by Garbre »

Ladies and gentlemans! This is not an April joke! :D Let me announce the 8th edition of the Räbinä Awards, for 2015!

It's an honour to be the opening MC and I can assure everyone of you that even though we have a rough year behind our back, this gala is no less than the previous ones. So let me advice you to make yourself comfortable, place your fingers on the F5 button on your keyboard or use your big hd televisions with your smartphones to enjoy browsing through the Räbinä Awards 2015 Gala thread!

I want to greet the new members and welcome back the old ones! As the years passed and I now find myself to be back here I realized I will be playing GeneRally in the far future as well. Just consider that I'm not the oldest community member here with my ~33 years. Some of you will defienetly be playing Dark Souls 3 for a few months when it comes out or bullying other players in some MOBA or MMO for a year. But I can garantee that there will be players who will still be playing GeneRally near their sixties.

The ever-the-same categories of the Räbinä Awards are:
[quote]
Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2015

#1. CarMaker - Lorenzo
#2. TrackMaker - Maciej1
#3. Competition Organizer - RudyOosterndijk & majortom
#4. Commentator - RobertRacer
#5. Rookie - Kengp
#6. Racer - maclape
#7. Honorary Awards - Gzehoo
Honorary Awards (in memoriam) - Kory Miller
#8. Community Member - RobertRacer
[/quote]
Some helpful links:
Enjoy the show, the commercials! And congratulate our members even if they aren't the ones who go home with a fine piece of gold in their hand! Every contestants matter! Even you! :bg:
Last edited by Garbre on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
puttz

Re: Räbinä Awards 2015 Gala Thread

Post by puttz »

Well, here we are at the Räbinä awards once again. I have been given the privilege of opening the award giving this year in what is arguably the most important category. Of course, as we all know, to have an auto race, you need, well, an automobile. And not just any automobile. A fast one. Preferably one that can go to ludicrous speed. :trampo: And boy do we have a lot of them to choose from. You want it? We probably have it. F1? Most certainly. Prototypes? Yep. Rally cars? We've got 'em. Touring Cars? Check. Historics of all shapes and sizes? All right here in the forum. NASCAR? Yes, we even have them. Not to mention the many wonderful fictional cars that exist in the world of GeneRally. And the best part? All these beautiful cars are made with a mere 40 polygons. Yes, that is right. Works of art from our talented car makers done with only 40 tiny little triangles. And some physics magic/wizardry/voodoo. :stir: But of course, only one can be named carmaker of the year. And that lucky person is.... Hermann Tilke? Oh, wait, wrong card. Darn you producers with your April Fools tricks. :hang: Without further ado and nonsense:
Nominees for Carmaker of the Year 2015:

AeroWiewiur, Gzehoo, Herbal, Lorenzo, Marcinho, masa, puttz, Ryumi, sartalas, Trigger Happy.
And the Golden Räbinä goes to...
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Marco

Post by Marco »

Well, I guess this isn't a surprise :D . Congratulations Lorenzo :clap: :clap:
Owner of Wulff Motorsport team and car company
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All my released tracks and cars
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

And after cars... it's the turn of the tracks!
Just like when you want to make a race on Generally, you open Your GR application, you choose the cars you want to use (it's better to give slower cars to AI hehe) but then? You have to select a track, but which track?
one from the "Old tracks" folder?
No please!
...so one from the "World Tour Tracks" folder?
Absolutely no!
...what about the only-TE-tracks you've made?
No, they're crappy!
So what? We will be completely hopeless, but luckily it's not like that thanks to our skilled Trackmakers and their incredible creations stored here in the forum. We surely have enjoyed many tracks released on 2015, a clear sign of the their high quality is that Trackmaking is the category with the highest number of nominations on this edition of Räbinä Awards.
17 contenders are waiting for the result, but now there's no more a reason to wait...

Nominees for Trackmaker of the Year 2015:

AeroWiewiur, Bouncebackability, CamrosX, Dragon, Emil Patanen, G. Marques, J.J., Kengp, Maciej1, marinator, masa, sartalas, spacethingy, Szmajli, TuomoH, Wojtek, Zegarekr.
zgr

Post by zgr »

[quote="Horrormous"][quote]Zegarekr[/quote][/quote]
Who is this Zegarekr everybody is talking about? :roll: :D
Congrats to the winner, imo well deserved :goodvibes: :heyea: :clap: :bowdown:
commercial break...
Makassar (2).png
Hello.
Crono
Forum Admin

Post by Crono »

GeneRally has no online or network multiplayer - and yet there are a lot of people playing this game online! Seems crazy right? And that's not enough. They are organizing competitions - not just only one but quite a few of them. All with different rules and ranking systems. And they are creating lovely websites and graphics for these competitions. And there are still new ideas to explore after all this years!
It’s just amazing to see all this happen. The competitions are one important part of GeneRallys community and definitely one that helps keeping the game alive. It´s a pleasure for me to present you the Nominees for the Competition Organizer! Thanks to all of you and may the 40 Polygons be with you within the next year!
Nominees for Competition Organizer of the Year 2015:

Areen, Buka, FrukisCZE, Gzehoo, ivaneurope, kuba, Mad Dan, Marcinho, PGRF1 team, puttz, RobertRacer, zgr.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Wow, a lot of variety in the votes in this category. Lots of good organizers here.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

Lol! My hunch was right about the trackmaker! Your neverending productivity always amazes me! How can you still make tracks with the same brilliance after all these years?! It's crazy, but at least you are the example that it's not impossible. Well deserved! :D Congrats to the PGR F1 team and Lorenzo! :clap: :champa:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Marco

Post by Marco »

When I joined this Generally forum, I had never knew that one day I would be a presenter for the most prestigious event in our Generally community, the Räbinä Awards. So I thank the organisers for this oportunity.

Now, the Commentator of the year – I guess to some this nomination may seem not as important as trackmaker, carmaker and etc. But a good carmaker will try to win the award by making cars, and a good trackmaker will try to win the award by making tracks. But to win this award, you can not try, because when you are commenting you are not thinking about a reward.
You see to be a simple commentator, it doesn't take a lot of skill, you simply need to know the basics about tracks, cars or whatever you are commenting on. However,  this award isn't going to a simple commentator, it goes to a person, who knows much more about Generally than the basics. This award will go to someone, who doesn‘t mind losing a bit of his or hers life to write a review of someone elses work.

So without further ado, here are the nominees for Commentator of the Year 2015.
Nominees for Commentator of the Year 2015:

bif44, Black Rebel, Emil Patanen, marinator, Rendy, RobertRacer, Trigger Happy.
I apologise for this delay, because I was waiting for NicolasP to post and I didn't realised that Crono had posted competition organiser award :vsad:
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

I apologise for this delay, because I was waiting for NicolasP to post and I didn't realised that Crono had posted competition organiser award :vsad:
I am the one to apologise, since I didn't tell a word about the replacement...

And of course, I would like congratulate to all of those, who have received an award!
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
zgr

Post by zgr »

First of all, thanks to the opportunity to present a category :) But it's not about me now, so...

GeneRally. The game we all love. Great tracks, great cars ("Real men drive 40 polygons.") and many wonderful guys who keep this alive. Guys like Trigger Happy, Buka, Jo.sk, Maciej1 and more you all recognize.
But everyone started as a rookie. Some start their career as trackmaker, some as carmaker, as competition driver or in an other way.
I remember when I was a rookie back in 2010. I joined the community and found all the wonderful tracks, cars, etc. Over 1300 posts later I see new member join and post wonderful tracks, chating with GRIF members...and this things make me smile :) .
Now, I want to thank you, "rookies". Without rookies our great community wouldn't be the community we know right now. New tracks, new cars, new competitions and very friendly new friends.
But there can be only one Rookie othe Year 2015, so let's see who it is!

Nominees for Rookie of the Year 2015:

BlacMky, K5054, Kengp, minuseven, superiukas.
Guys, don't worry about the delay, because it isn't a delay at all. It's the opportunity to enjoy the Räbinä Awards for more hours ;)

Also congrats to all winners!
Hello.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

A little confusion, because I voted in Carmaker for Lorenzo, not for me :P

But it didn't change too much, so congratulations for the winners ;) :clap: :bg:
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Hi everyone,
(and sorry if I'm a little bit late :P) !
Once again, I have the pleasure to present the "Racer of the Year".
This year we have a new winner, the 9th different driver after Soltys, MagicJ, Jo.sk, JR Zullo, Alx.it, Alexwolf79, TuomoH and Alonso.
He's started his career almost 9 years ago and became better and better until now.
His main opponent was again kuba who miss the victory and finish second for the the 3rd year in a row.
Last year he also won 63 events on 87 and more major events than kuba, it's why he deserves the victory !
Big congratulations to our new champion and good luck for 2016 :bg:
Nominees for Racer of the Year 2015:

All the drivers who took part in 2015 !

And obviously congratulations to the other winners !
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

I didn't expected to win this category for the 2nd time, but I gladfully accept the price for best commentator 2015. :D

Also, congratulations on all other winners. ;)
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Now after we're past the most of envelopes, let us present the awards, which were not elected by the members of the forum, since honorary awards are given by the Comittee of Räbinä Awards. There are two of them, one is given to an active member, while the other is for someone, whose work still affects our everyday life.

The honorary award is given this year to someone, who joined us six years ago. Since then, he has released us first several tracks. However we know him not from these. The winner of this award is a keen and regular racer, with taking part in more than 500 races. His own racing team, Lambda Motorsport has become one of the most successful brand in our little game. He also is an actual contestant in my opinion for the carmaster rank. There, his interest is more for GT category, but the own marque models are also high quality.

The most admirable work he has done are his championships, since Grand Tour Trophy has become prestigious: currently it is having its sixth season, with the first one being started back in 2011! His other competition, International Endurance Series is also prolific, making it unique for the latest years.

The Golden Räbinä goes to...
Last edited by Herbal on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

:faint:

Wow, I'm really surprised :D I started to laugh from happiness when I was reading another lines in Herbal's post.

I never expected that Honorary Award would come to me.

But it's a great honor to me.
So, only Community Member is missing.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Gzehoo wrote:So, only Community Member is missing.

and Honorary in Memoriam....

Congratz Gzehoo. :D
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Marco

Post by Marco »

Congrats Gzehoo, you earned it :clap: :clap: .
And congratulations RobertRacer for taking the Commentator of the Year second time in a row :clap: :clap: :clap:

Of course congratulations to other members :clap:

[quote="Jo.sk"](and sorry if I'm a little bit late :P) ![/quote]
You're not the first :shy:
Formerly marinator
Buka

Post by Buka »

Honorary Award in Memoriam is my most favorite and less favorite of all awards. It's the possibility to remind the community about the people who did so much for the game. And that's the saddest part of this award also, because they don't do it anymore.

Mebiko, Soltys, Juan, Raska, James C. (the good James, as I think of him, in contrary to the evil one who put GR on the brink of extinction), Strava, Reh... This year the award goes in my opinion to one of the most respected and reputable member of the good old RSC-era when grass was greener and some of us were kids.

The guy's the author of a hundred great tracks. He was BBA's predecessor in Joint Effort Track project. He was one of our moderators.

Oh, yes, and he's heavy metal fan as far as I remember.

The Golden Räbinä goes to...
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

+++ COMMERCIAL BREAK +++ COMMERCIAL BREAK +++ COMMERCIAL BREAK +++

We want to thank all our voters and all the great competition organizers out there for your dedication to our little game. It is a great honor to receive the Räbinä Award for the second time after 2011. We are trying our best to improve the PGR F1 experience for the coming season as early as we have got time in our hands.

And if you still haven't got enough of prizes and awards, take a look at the PGR F1 RACER OF THE YEAR Award. Some of the driver portraits even got some quick but fancy CSS-animations! :peacock:
Or you just might just want to read the winner's resume.

Last edited by RudyOosterndijk on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

First, sorry for my english.

Community member - last on this gala and IMO most valuable award. This prize goes to person who is the most popular and most friendly for all members.
I think that every member may win this category but Golden Rabina is only one. Keep it up.

Congrats to all winners, especially to Gzehoo. Thanks for all nominations, votes and Herbal for organization this Gala. Let's go to results.
Nominees for Community Member of the Year 2015:

Bouncebackability, Buka, Gzehoo, Haruna, Herbal, Marcinho, jo.sk, puttz, RobertRacer, Trigger Happy, TuomoH.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Congratulation to all winners of this Räbinä Awards. :bg:

The title hat-trick for Caterham-Windblitz Motorsports is complete. :D And Community Member, idk why I got CM of 2015. I didn't did more than 2014, where I not won. Jo.sk or BBA would have deserved it more. I belive in it. ;)

But still, thank you on both occasions, and on Commentator award, for voting for me. You are the real MVPs, voters. :goodvibes:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Congratulations! :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster