Trackmakers who's products inspire you the most

General discussion about your experience with the game.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Trackmakers who's products inspire you the most

Post by AleksiNir »

Title says it all :cool2:

For me
1. JaK GR
2. DiSi
3. Crowella
4. TuomoH
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Trackmakers who's products inspire you the most

Post by Mad Dan »

not very surprising from me :D

Rallyes :rally:
1. onder :bowdown: :wiz:
2. egamad :bg: his last creations like Tallspary, Haphazard, Quad Yankee and others have amazing landscapes :yummy:
3. TuomoH :rocks: his offroad tracks are great
4. BBA a bit :D
5. Westheim - even when he made just one rallye, his tarmac tracks like Lake Justin, balcony or Martha´s vg inspired me quite :yummy:

Circuits :drive:
1. JaK GR :king:
2. Crowella :cool2:
3. A&D ;)
4. Paw_PL :bg: surprising, isn´t it?
5. BBA :shhh:
Thecactusman

Post by Thecactusman »

for me:
1. DiSi! :king:
2. AlexiNir :rolleyes:
3. Haq :rally:
4. Onder :rally:
5. BBA :clap:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

im surprised ive been mentioned 3 times!!! thanks!

in no particular order...
AleksiNir ;)
Paw_PL
David Garcia
Andreas Hultgren
Crowellla
Gabor Kozma
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

Interesting topic my friend!
In chronogical order
Tizio - He helped me out a lot when I was new to the Generally-world and after making a track with him I got really inspired (You can see his influence in tracks like Karso and Saint Mungo).
AleksiNir - Big influence in my style, he gave me tips about making my tracks more accurately.
Pahkasika - Since I really loved his tracks I started to try better layouts and different landscapes (Epica, Habe Ring and Kallisto Park).
Signatures are overrated
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Aleksi inpires DiSi! who's inspired by Aleksi... :shake: :roll:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

The Great Falcon wrote:Aleksi inpires DiSi! who's inspired by Aleksi... :shake: :roll:
It is often a fact that artists are inspired each other, just like Vincent van Gogh was inspired by Paul Gauguin.......and vice versa! :nod:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

In the same way that lately, Both Aleksi and DiSi inspire me for my circuits.

I am not too sure which track makers have inspired me. It has varied over time and with each circuit.
View my archived circuits/cars here
Paw

Post by Paw »

Surely:
with no particular order:
GR8Player aka JakGR
Crowella
Black Rebel aka David Garcia with his rwl's
Pahkasika
Qurpiz
lately also Aleksi and DiSi.

Well, I'm sure as I forgot someone. They helped me to estabilish some kind of my own style, but now... I'm getting bored by it! I'll try to make some changes, especially in enviroment around the track. Authors which I'll look at (or maybe their creations :lol: ) will be Crowella, JakGR, Aleksi and DiSi, as I found some nice details in their tracks. Btw. I'm very pleased, that I inspired someone! :trampo: :flip:
Qurpiz
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Qurpiz »

Let's bump this

I'm not going to put them in any order, but here goes:

Aeon: I was in awe for some of his tracks. I always hoped I could do them like he could
JimmyMetal: I think he's called _Jimmy_ nowadays. But damn I loved his metal-themed tracks back in the TDB. I still think some of his tracks are my favourites of all time.
Gabor Kozma: He used to destroy the [rwl] scene. No-one came close. I sometimes started a layout for Hockenheim or Hungaroring or whatever, then saw Gabor had, actuelly, made the perfect version of it and then I just stopped.
viralata: Made those 10/10 (sorry for using the F-word) headf***er tracks. Even if I've always disliked painted objects (and using mostly Lmap in the track), I do think his tracks were awesome.
Genetleman: The most innovative trackmaker, ever. Made some seriously great cars too.
Crowella: My good GR-friend from back in the day. Helped me with many of my tracks. I could never do the stuff he does.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of people. Nielske, Pahkasika, Markus Möller, Piet, Kory Miller, Flaming_Wuzzle are some names that come to mind after a bit of thinking.

Then of course, there are a lot of trackmakers who's work I like, but I don't think their work has ever inspired me like some of the guys above.
Last edited by Qurpiz on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Qurpiz has already said most of the ones i also like (lol) so here are the rest of my inspirees (if that's even a word)
Maciej1 - He produces outstanding Lmap work that looks genuinely 3d. I like his GTA track the most.
Spykee - He made his tracks extremely artistic and beautiful, especially his Melbourne.
TuomoH - He can make a world size of 50 into a fun race.
Michkov - his tracks are extremly addictive, especially his oval which had a really clever pitlane.
Black Rebel - his original and remakes of his rwl tracks are "right beast", the Lmap sponsor boards, the details and even the smallest details e.g the Lmap umbrellas and Lmap tyre bridges.
Apopp - He got a first place in :tom: for a micro track.
Garbre - produced outstanding rally stages.
The Rabina brothers - proof that even the simplest tracks can be considered among the best.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Areen

Post by Areen »

1. Spykee - god of rwl
2. Maciej1 - master in every way
3. Black Rebel - fantastic land objects :)
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Here is my list(it's by item get from, not by trackmaster):
Maciej1/Jimmy: The proof that i've based my skills on they is that, like they, my best track type is the street circuits.
Garbre/Maciej1: The LMap buildings are awesome.
Martyn: He is one of my best friends, result: i learned very much about trackmaking with him.
Black Rebel: I love his landmap cars.
Garbre/egamad: The creativity on trackmaking, one of my best atribuitions.
Trigger Happy: His criticism is a rare piece, as his tracks.
JakGR/Aeon/Kory Miller/AndHu/MdP/Gabor Kozma: Minor inspiration.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Bouncebackability, Canadiens1160, egamad, MegadriXxX, AleksiNir, Ms..., HJ, Mikey B, Darjo, future design, Gábor Kozma, Dan Belcher, Mizzamar, Paw, XYY, Qurpiz, TuomoH, Pahkasika, Dan Hakulín, Speedy47, spykee, Tom McKay, JaK GR, G. Marques, flip92, mith612, Markus Möller, Maciej1, GeorgM ... and I forgot surely many names.

I like something on so much trackmakers. But I'm not in love with few particular efforts, I cannot reduce the list. :shrug:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Thread moved to correct section, as it's about trackmakers, not tracks.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Trigger Happy wrote:Bouncebackability, Canadiens1160, egamad, MegadriXxX, AleksiNir, Ms..., HJ, Mikey B, Darjo, future design, Gábor Kozma, Dan Belcher, Mizzamar, Paw, XYY, Qurpiz, TuomoH, Pahkasika, Dan Hakulín, Speedy47, spykee, Tom McKay, JaK GR, G. Marques, flip92, mith612, Markus Möller, Maciej1, GeorgM ... and I forgot surely many names.

I like something on so much trackmakers. But I'm not in love with few particular efforts, I cannot reduce the list. :shrug:
Do you noticed that alomst half of your list is actually(IMO) behind you on trackmaking?
IE:
  • HJ
  • Mikey B(IDKE)
  • Canadiens(IDKE)
  • Speedy47
  • G. Marques
  • XYY
  • Tom McKay
  • MegadriXxX
  • Dan Belcher(IDKE)
  • mith612(IDKE)
  • flip92
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

You don't know their tracks and try to judge, if they are better than me or not? Very weird post.

BTW trackmaking isn't about absolute trues. Sometimes I'm astonished, how people confuse correct/wrong with I like/don't like.

BTW2 in tracks of these above I see something new - new opened path, direction, which they discover(ed) and others can follow with them and help to develop. I'm not sure if I ever did something like that (a kind of breakthrough/pioneering), I would say, that I'm more one of those, who build on experience of others (I think, that my skill is bit over-rated sometimes, no matter, how the fact, that you and others like the few my efforts, makes me personally very happy).
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Well, seems I didn't tell you so far...
I really love Black Rebel's tracks. They are all top work. I of course like Maciejs tracks, too, but for me, some of them (mainly the street circuits and some of the permanent tracks, I don't speak of Lingotto ;) ) lack something (I think it's the atmosphere). They're all cool and top jobs too, but :shrug:
Markus Möller's tracks are just miracles, they inspire me but I always have to find out that I can't do it as awesome as he did ;)
Then, Ivo's tracks (Specially his Avus and the Bridgehampton) and most of Crowella's, Gabor Kozma's and BBA's tracks are really nice and inspire me quite a lot.
Of course, if I see a nice idea at others, I also take the inspiration from them (e.g. some of Aleksi's and Darjos tracks, Pakahsias tracks, egamads tracks).
These are probably most inspirating for my trackmaking, though single tracks by other authors might be as well mentionable (that would require more space ;) )

Btw it's nice that I'm also inspirating :D
Alex

Post by Alex »

Trigger Happy wrote:You don't know their tracks and try to judge, if they are better than me or not? Very weird post.

BTW trackmaking isn't about absolute trues. Sometimes I'm astonished, how people confuse correct/wrong with I like/don't like.

BTW2 in tracks of these above I see something new - new opened path, direction, which they discover(ed) and others can follow with them and help to develop. I'm not sure if I ever did something like that (a kind of breakthrough/pioneering), I would say, that I'm more one of those, who build on experience of others (I think, that my skill is bit over-rated sometimes, no matter, how the fact, that you and others like the few my efforts, makes me personally very happy).
This isn't the first time he's forced his opinion. When Doorslammer said that the hardest car to make was the Chevy Bel Air Manzur disputed that it was FnF tuned cars. When i thought that Daro05's St. Petersburg was among the top 10 tracks ever made for GR he argued with me and actually produced a list of what he thought was the top 10 tracks made. When will he learn to stop crashing threads and keep some of his opinions to himself? Over 800+ posts and he only joined in November.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

I never thinked that i was so agressive on showing my opinion. I'm very sorry about everything that i have made here about it and i'd like to try fix it. :shy:

PS: And Alex, about post number i simply say "the hell". Isn't the post number that makes a good member. ;)
Alex

Post by Alex »

The MNZ wrote:I never thinked that i was so agressive on showing my opinion. I'm very sorry about everything that i have made here about it and i'd like to try fix it. :shy:

PS: And Alex, about post number i simply say "the hell". Isn't the post number that makes a good member. ;)
Oh ok :P
Owner of Team GeneAlex
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Every trackmaker inspires me. Every track will have something new to help every other track maker
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Trackmarkers who's inspire me I works into two grups:
-Polish
-Other countries

First I presented Polish trackmarkers:
1. Maciej1
2. Halama
3. Spykee
4. Areen
5. Daro05/DaroOCK

Other countries:
1. Gabor Kozma
1. BBA
3. Trigger Happy
4. Milton du Pont
5. Buka
6. Black Rebel
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
masto_pursi

Post by masto_pursi »

1.Dan Hakulin :rally:

2.HJ :rally:

3.egamad :rally:

4.MattyG :rally:

5.Onder :rally:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

That's very hard to say for me, because there are many trackmakers who's tracks are amazing. :scratch:

Circuits:
Maciej1 - :wow: Very good tracks, he's very sucessful in ToM. :bg:
BBA - Amazing works.
Black Rebel (aka David Garcia)- Like Maciej1, very good tracks.
nielske -Also a track making expert.
The admins :D (I mean Ivo, Herbal & TuomoH, who's tracks are also amazing :bg:) And: Ivo won three ToMs. :)
Paw - especially Brigwene, what has won ToM 5/10.
Masa/Ms.. - He's not only an awesome carmaker, good trackmakers who can also make amazing cars are rare in our community.

Rallys: :rally:
egamad - Your tracks are fantastic! :bg:
haq - Also good rally tracks and rally trackpacks. :)
Maciej1 - I'm very happy when you release a new track.

BTW, I'm also registrated in the German GR community, PGR. So I shouldn't forget them. ;)
Scholl - Good tracks.
Genetleman - Autumn X is an epic track.
zgr/zegarek/marc - Tropicana Bay Street Circuit is my favourite track of you.
And Crono! - It's a bit surprising for you, but I don't want to forget the most important member of PGR and because of GeneCraft, one of my favourite tracks what is made by a German member. Good job! :bg: