Cheating, Stealing, and Very Bad Cake: A GR-themed roleplay

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Cheating, Stealing, and Very Bad Cake: A GR-themed roleplay

Post by Haruna »

A seemingly normal race weekend is anything but. Find out if there are guys pulling the strings, and put to rest the unease of the circuit air.
I thought I would try something a bit different with the community - try some semi-serious "roleplaying" with some relevance to the game. I'll try to keep rules as simple as possible so anyone can join, but a minimum standard is expected.

The Setting
The World Championship in recent years has become one of the most dramatic battles of the century. But is the drama the result of genuinely awe-inspiring competition, or is someone behind the scenes pulling the strings? This question has raised suspicion for a number of high-profile racing teams, and their crew members are snooping about all around Lost Heaven's paddock. Obviously, the World Motorsports Committee doesn't like this, as they would prefer their teams to be either in their race cars or at their own pit garages.

How to Play
Your character has been given instructions to look out for anything that even resembles anything suspicious by the higher-ups of your respective racing teams. You need to attempt to fulfill the goals set by your boss. Those goals vary depending on your team:

Motorama Racing (Italy) - Your team is leading the Driver's World Championship. The other teams are suspecting your crew have been playing favorites with their lead drivers, but press statements made by the team say otherwise. Make sure to keep the team in good standing with both the general public and prove there are no team orders going on.
Scarlet Devil Raceworks (France) - As the leader in racing vehicle innovation, you've implemented several loophole-abusing construction techniques in order to keep up with Motorama's drivers. Make sure nobody finds out what you're hiding under the hood, because if they do, the WMC could take away a potential World Championship title for those exploits.
Yukie R&D Team (China) - The eerie similarity of your road and especially race cars to several other teams has led to accusations of industrial spying, technology theft, and plagiarism. Reassure the racing fans that your cars are genuine, and keep the rival teams away from your cars.
Arsenal Racing Group (United Kingdom) - While you personally enjoy the fact that this year's World Championship has been closer than ever before, you can't help but wonder if someone at the WMC has been cutting teams too much slack for the sake of excitement. Find out if any of the race officials are playing favorites.
United Motorsports (United States) - Your team had been accused of distributing "very bad cake" prior to this race, making everyone think that any race fixing might be done by you. Prove everyone wrong and show them you can race honestly.
Silver Arrow Sports (Germany) - During your talks with Arsenal Racing Group, like them, you suspect that someone is pulling the strings as well. Figure out if those exciting races really were "fixed" by WMC or the other teams in some way or another.

Write out what your character is doing, snooping around the paddock trying to uncover any secrets the team might be hiding and completing their objectives. Any time skill checks are needed (let's say your character needs to sneak around security, or quickly take photos of the car during a press shoot during the event), I will roll a dice from 1 to 20 to determine if the task results in an epic fail or a monumentally effortless success.

Here's an example:
During the first Free Practice session, Sophia de la Sarthe finds herself at the center of attention when race officials suspect that her car has been modified by illegal methods. Pulling into the inspection garage, the scrutineers meticulously take apart Sophia's car and check for any rules violations. Numerous photographers begin swarming around the garage, and shortly after, Sophia feints from the overwhelming flashes of white around her.

(Skill check!)
I will roll a D20 to determine what will happen afterwards, and the next post by Sophia's player should indicate/acknowledge as such:
If I roll a 20, all of the photos the photographers took were of Sophia and not her car, and the scrutineers deem her car perfectly legal.
If I roll a 10, all of the photographers are just simply huge fans of the technical side of the sport, and the scrutineers decide her car is mostly legal, with some borderline issues.
If I roll a 5, all of the photographers will have been paparazzi, and Sophia's car just barely passes inspection.
If I roll a 1, all of the photographers were rival mechanics, and Sophia is banned from ever racing in the World Championship for cheating, removing her from play.

All of the characters controlled by the player are either mechanics or drivers for the teams. They will not be carrying anything, with the exception of a radio for communication with the team. Characters get extra equipment as the RP goes. Show which team your character will represent by coloring their name according to each team's represented color. (Instance: Sophia de la Sarthe is a Scarlet Devil Raceworks driver - blue text.) Your post should ideally take up five lines and have good grammar and punctuation.

I will take role of game master, and any of the WMC officials, security, and other personnel. Security are armed with at minimum a bullet-proof vest and a police baton, plus a radio to call for backup or alert others. You can try to duel with WMC personnel by a skill check, and I'll write results accordingly.

Unless there are further questions, let's begin!
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Alex

Re: Cheating, Stealing, and Very Bad Cake: A GR-themed rolep

Post by Alex »

Yeah this seems quite a good idea.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)