What do you think your best track is?

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: What do you think your best track is?

Post by Mad Dan »

That one was really cool TGF :bg:

Do you want me to send it to you?
Last edited by Mad Dan on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

thegreatfalcon wrote:Azpialt, the first version, lost in time...
I have Azpialt, don't know which version though.. :worried:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Qurpiz
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Qurpiz »

Hillfield. How the hell have I ever squeezed out something that good.

Sometimes I think there's still one more Hillfield 1st corner in me, but no, there isn't . That well is dry.
Attachments
Hillfield.jpg
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

I struggle to think what my best track is... So it's better to probably go through my thoughts on my past circuits in three groups. These aren't in order, they are more just for ideas.

1. If I was to go on a best designed basis (possibly overall best), I really think Stockholm is the one. Considering I made it in 2006, it still looks very close to the sort of circuit quality you see produced today. It's one that I'm very happy with just because I haven't come up with anything that fitted so well together and the layout pushes very nicely between a real look and a GR circuit. I don't think I made any large WS circuits since then. I almost considered making it in rFactor but I didn't play it enough or have the time to do so. :doh:

2. If I was to go for best by what other people think and what I think has been my best for everyone, it has to be Dicrette. I was actually overwhelmed at how well it did in both the ToM and ToY. I thought the layout would be too basic for many people but it works really well and was the first circuit I felt very confident on with the HMap. I suppose because the layout looks very unusual as well. In case you were wondering, it actually is similar to the layout of Catalina Park. I didn't like how the real circuit was turning out so I modified it a little bit and shrunk the world size. Also, there's a waterfall and I think people liked that :yummy:

3. My favourite based on racing and the layout is Sontondrey. I feel it's my best one for racing because it combines speed and slow corners quite well. It feels great to race with so many GR cars, has heaps of overtaking opportunities and taught me how to use less objects to make good looking circuits. This one was a tough one to call though because Erabelle and recently, Tibrotney have fought for my favourite to race on but I keep finding myself here instead.

I could have mentioned heaps here for many reasons but I'm happy with most I've released. :bg:
View my archived circuits/cars here