Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2009

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Quklis

Re: Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2009

Post by Quklis »

Big congratz for all winners :bg:

Slightly disagree with a few winners, but all are still fully justified winners.
Raska

Post by Raska »

Maciej1 wrote::champa: Thank you. I really didn't expect this. Maybe I'm not so active and popular on forum like others, but the most important thing is that I spend time nicely creating tracks. Once again thanks and see you on my tracks. :wave:
You're right. :bg: But you seems to be popular IMO. :P

It's nice to see your first post in this gala thread, what an honour ! :bowdown: BTW I'm wondering about the hospital/church in your avatar.. from which track it's from ? :scratch: :doh: Oh yes La Pino.. I hoped it was for a new track.. ;)

Congrats Dragon :bg:

@ Ed : Thank you ! :misch:
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Buka

Post by Buka »

Maciej1, congratulations! I think that everyone wait with impatience for your new creations. I must say that 20 nominees were just too many and it was the most difficult for me to choose only one. So nothing special that some monsters like Aleksi or BBA got few votes despite of their work throughout the year. Don't worry, RA is very subjective election and I don't really think that in this category RA is worth more than ToY.

Also many congratulations to vitorfm and Ivo&Dan. Great job guys, the whole year. As well as the others - James, A&D, Jo... And I'm very pleased that I've got 3 votes though I'm sure I don't deserve them.

And finally congratulations to the Rookie winner! I could decide whos works I like more between trackmakers and choosed racer.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

*commercial break*

[DHV CEO Dave Hunter is on screen, behind a desk]

Good evening. We honestly didn't want to be advertised here, I said to my ad agency "I want 15 seconds during the Super Bowl!" But we didn't have $16 million to pay for it. But we did have $3.62 and a pack of Daim bars, so we advertised during these Rabina awards instead.

So let's take a look at the 2010 range. Huge upgrades are in the pipeline. I... [phone rings] erm, excuse me. Hello? Yes? Oh, I see. Thank you. [puts down phone] Erm, it seems our design department has tweaked the headlights a bit. As per usual. Oh well, no one needs aesthetics, let's talk about the handling and horsepow... [phone rings] Heh, aren't I popular? Hello? Uhuh, yes. Erm, well, if you fish it out of the lake without the motoring press finding out, I think we shall be OK, no dangerous recalls or nothing. Cheers. [phone down] Erm, handling and horsepower is... great. Moving swiftly on to the state of the art satnav system. We did make one, but we lost it. We tried to use the old satnav, but it took us to Kiruna, which was no good as it wasn't there. So, that's the quality you expect from DHV. I must be going now, I have to attend the Rabina awards personally. They want me to clean the bins out.

[DHV logo graphic]

DHV. Our share prices are regarded as bargains these days.
maclape

Post by maclape »

As my mates've said correctly this has been a tough year for GeneRally, it seems that someone wanted to know if we're a strong community testing us against big problems. C'mon man! I think that previous awards have shown (and the next ones will also show the same) that we're the best community out there because we have the main pieces: the best members in the world!

Tracks, cars and compos made by the best trackMakers, carMakers and Compo organizers respectively. It's possible that you could think this is enough for our community (remember: the best). Sorry, you're wrong.

It's funny but Raska has gave me the opportunity to introduce all the people that, partly, give us the best GR stuff. I'm talking about that person who encourages a TrackMaker for continue improving his masterpiece. I'm talking about that person who challenges a carMaker in orden to make the best GR car ever. I'm talking about that person who support a compo organizer and his drivers to achieve a greater compo...

To sum up, I'm talking about that person who improve the community improving himself and making each one of us (rookies and old dogs) do the same. And you can be sure that the following members fit perfectly into this definition.

So good luck to the...
Nominees for Commentator of the Year 2009:

AleksiNir, Bouncebackability, Buka, Dan Hakulin (haq), Darjo (DiSi!), Egamad, Trigger Happy, The Lost Ninja.
And the Golden Räbinäs go to...
Ed Santos

Post by Ed Santos »

Raska wrote:@ Ed : Thank you ! :misch:
Your welcome! :hattip:
Nice to see that all things are running well... :D Congratulations to all winners! :clap:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thank you, guys. :shy:
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Where to begin... ah, yes... once upon a time a driver, who discovered Generally Competitions in May 2008. But he was a rookie among many others, his life wasn't so easy at this time and for his first event (a race on Mt. Eight) he finished at the last position ! After this defeat he decided that will never happen again and for the next race he finished on the victory lane !!!! Then, all became more simple for him and the next month he almost succeeded to be the best rookie (only 10pts missed). One month after he won the GWR Hotlap Ranking and on September, his fourth month of competition, he reached the consecration by winning the General Classification :king: .
The rest of the story is a long series of victories, titles and records which is probably not ended... His opponents have to wait but for how long ?
Nominees for Racer of the Year 2009:

There is no nominated driver in this category, in my opinion only an incontestable winner and it's an honour for me to announce the winner !
Last edited by Jo.sk on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buka

Post by Buka »

Hello, GeneRally community!

Today I present special award which isn't elected but chosen by award committee - Honorary Award and is given for remarkable efforts in world of our beloved game.

There are people and things in our life which we didn't notice and seldom understand how important they are. But when we look a bit closer we understand that, for example, without bread we won't live, without air we can't breath, without our friends we feel bad...

The award which I'm very pleased to give today is from this category. As you may remember last year the winner was Curveo. Absolutely not everyone knows his name I think, but every trackmaker knows what he did and I really doubt that some of you never used Curveo's creation, which is one of the most useful utility in GR ever.

This year's winner is a sort of this too. Perhaps, the bigger part of us bookmarked his website, people from outside of the community may use it and don't know nothing about the author of this website. I can't imagine what we'd do without him and I really sure that surviving of the community through so many years depended much on work he did (and I hope he will do it in future). But the most important thing for our decision was that the winner did great job through the whole year of 2009 despite of crashes and blackouts of RSC. And with this award we want to say "Thank you, man!" :hattip:

So here you have these words:

1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

All I can really say is that that one went in to the 100% right place. He sure was the one to deserve it after the years of hard work. :up:
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

1nsane wrote:All I can really say is that that one went in to the 100% right place. He sure was the one to deserve it after the years of hard work. :up:
:nod: . Btw very well said at commentator award comment, it is unfortunately very true what you said... Comments like "wow amazing 5/5" are completely useless to the trackmaker. Would be amazing if everyone made comments like Crowella does/did :rolleyes:

Congratulations Dragon, Ivo and Georg. The awards went to correct people in these categories (IMO) :clap: Congratulations alexsara too.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

A massive congratulations to all the winners, (and thankyou for the people who voted for me) all the winners are incredibly well deserved!

and a congratulations to everyone else for a year of great effort!
Raska

Post by Raska »

@ maclape : Nice speech, thank you. :bg: As Ed you've said the right things (positiv critics and importance of the comments, we all were rookie and the Räbinä too,... :cool2: ) about the "less prestigious categories" (that could be discussed) with style. BTW I must say that Ed's introduction's speech of last year inspired me for mine.

Congrats Ivo, alexsara79 and GeorgM !! :bg:

Jo.sk wrote:Where to begin... ah, yes... once upon a time a driver, who discovered Generally Competitions in May 2005. But he was a rookie among many others, his life wasn't so easy at this time and for his first event (a race on Mt. Eight) he finished at the last position ! After this defeat he decided that will never happen again and for the next race he finished on the victory lane !!!!
I was a little bit confused for a moment, then I understood what wasn't right... It was in may 2008 ! ;)

Two awards are still to come... :yummy:

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

Buka

Post by Buka »

AleksiNir wrote:Comments like "wow amazing 5/5" are completely useless to the trackmaker.
Don't you feel pleasure when someone like your track saying "wow amazing 5/5"? You really risk to stay without any comment at all. Don't forget that there are a lot of people with only basic English language skills and it's difficult for them told everything they want.

But back to topic. Ivo, congrats, well deserved 2nd victory. :clap: And congrats TlN for his second place! Your comments are always very interesting to read.

And what I can say about Alexsara? The King of 2009 :king:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

*commercial break*
Do you want to see real races with real cars? Do you have an empty feeling since January 2009? Are you missing success ballast? Do you have a nice livery plan in your head but you can't use it in any competitions? Or just you want to race with your car in your garage in GR?

Then it's your time! From February-March, GTCC will restart, now under the aegis of GRMFED! Stay tuned! ^^
*end of commercial break*
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Raska wrote:It was in may 2008 ! ;)
... sorry :sweatdrop:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Like during previous year, the Committee decided to remind one of us, who is not already here and is genuinely missed not only because valuable effort, which he did and would do. Today we'll remember very universal person, who moved the GR level in several disciplines. He scored trackmaster award because of his impressive tracks, he was very talented and rightfully ambitious racer too (50 wins and 78 podiums of 94 events), but mainly he's one of founders of modern GR racing. On first look can be his largest contribution seen in his invention of login system, but we should not forget, that his listening, comprehensive, fair and encouraging position to drivers was not only a big source of motivation for lots of drivers, who are active until today, but his influence is much deeper - he formed by his example many of his successors on seat of compo organizers, who tries to do their job as good as he did. Pity, that since his announcement of finding new job for him in Ireland we don't have any news about him.

And the Golden Räbinäs go in memoriam to...

Note: If any of us has e-mail contact for him, RA Committee would strongly appreciate, if he would share with the Committee. We would like to try to deliver him this certificate.
Raska

Post by Raska »

*commercial break*

The second edition of the GR America's Cup is coming... :whirl: Soon in the competition section. This time it'll be a team compo, don't miss it. :ghug:
AC2010.jpg
AC2010.jpg (48.08 KiB) Viewed 4411 times

Competitions I've won :

The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Ladies (?) and Gentlemen,

I am very proud to be here tonight and it's an honour being chosen by the committee.

GeneRally has been (and still is) part of my life since 2004, there is no single other game that took my interest for so many years.
The main reason for this is surely the game itself, but there is more:
when I tried this game for the very first time, and discovered the track-editor, I thought to myself:
"Wow, so many possibilities! probably there are some tracks made by others on the internet."

That's how I discovered the community on RSC.
From the very beginning, I've been welcomed by the members as a friend, I received answers on my questions, I've been sent tracks, cars. you guys helped me overcoming technical problems.
So that's what it's all about, this is what keeps this game going on.....and on......and on!
Even though the RSC is down, a few of us managed to keep the spirit alive, succesfully.
And I'm very happy to be a part of it.
I sincerely hope this community will keep up for many many years, and personally I think ANY person nominated in this category is a winner already!

Thank you guys!

But, there can only be one;

Nominees for Member of the Year 2009:

Buka, Dan Hakulin (haq), DXTR, GeorgM, Trigger Happy, James C. (JTarJ), Jo.sk, Ms..., TuomoH.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I wanted to wait until all of the awards are given out before congratulating so here we go. Big CONGRATULATIONS to EVERYONE who got an award - all of them are very much deserved even though in some categories I voted differently, but there is so much spirit and talent in this community that actually more than one would've deserved those awards. Once more, big congratulations to Haruna, Maciej1, Dan, Vitor, Dragon, Alexsara, Georg, Soltys, and most of all, Ivo for getting amazing 3 awards. :eyes:

Thanks to those who voted for me, didn't expect even that much since I've been less active last year than before. :)
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

TuomoH wrote:I wanted to wait until all of the awards are given out before congratulating so here we go. Big CONGRATULATIONS to EVERYONE who got an award - all of them are very much deserved even though in some categories I voted differently, but there is so much spirit and talent in this community that actually more than one would've deserved those awards. Once more, big congratulations to Haruna, Maciej1, Dan, Vitor, Dragon, Alexsara, Georg, Soltys, and most of all, Ivo for getting amazing 3 awards. :eyes:

Thanks to those who voted for me, didn't expect even that much since I've been less active last year than before. :)

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Many congratulations to all winners, and for some special (personal) reason especially to Soltys. Its a shame we lost that guy :(
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Raska wrote:*commercial break*

The second edition of the GR America's Cup is coming... :whirl: Soon in the competition section. This time it'll be a team compo, don't miss it. :ghug:
AC2010.jpg
How many billions of dollars are required to enter? :eyes:
I like short, simple signatures!
Raska

Post by Raska »

bduddy wrote:How many billions of dollars are required to enter? :eyes:
:D
Nothing... it's the :gr: GR .. America's Cup ;) So, we'll not have the same juridic's troubles or the same money madness.. and a compo with hopefully more than two teams. :P

Competitions I've won :

Buka

Post by Buka »

Very impressive results of 2009 for Ivo. Congratulations! :up: