Generally for Mac OsX

General discussion about your experience with the game.
marbel

Generally for Mac OsX

Post by marbel »

Dear community, it is a pleasure to introduce myself. I am a long-term Generally fan and I'm the author of one of the Italian language file available for the game. I'm really really really glad to know that the development of Generally has been resumed!

Cause I am a Mac user, I've been using Generally under Wine (a kind of Windows emulator for Linux and Mac) for a while. Today I was thinking: ehi, it's Christmas, why are you not sharing your Generally Wine Wrapper with the community, so everyone can easily play Generally on Mac? :yummy:

So I've set up a simple blog on Blogger where you can find the complete Wine wrapper for the latest version, made using WineSkin for Mac. Simply download it on your Mac, unzip, double click, play Generally 1.10c.

I hope Hannu, Jukka, Rich, James and the community are fine with that. I have obviously inserted a link to the official homepage and this forum and pleased visitors to consider a donation to the authors of our most loved arcade racing game!
Last edited by TuomoH on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: see below for my reply
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Generally for Mac OsX

Post by TuomoH »

Unfortunately this is against multiple rules and statements. First of all, it's not maintaining GR in its original package as stated in readme. You didn't ask permission from James. What's even more tricky is that it includes the Microsoft libraries required to run GR which is forbidden by Microsoft Terms of Service. What you might do is provide a tutorial how to do this, James would be ok with that, but distributing these files is a no-no.