Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2011

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Alonsomania

Re: Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2011

Post by Alonsomania »

commercial break
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
end
Genetleman
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Genetleman »

Everyone who has tried carmaking knows, that it's easy to make a car, but difficult to make a good car. Not everyone can design a beautiful car, specially when you are limited to 40 polies and 30 vertexes. Also, tweaking the physics of the car to perfection can be hours or even days long project. These people who have been nominated are all great at doing these things, but the community has chosen the best one of 2011.
:bsmile: :bsmile: :bsmile: :bsmile: :bsmile: :bsmile: :bsmile: :bsmile:

Just fantastic guys - thank you very much!

I am glad that all the effort and time I have spend is being appreciated, I can honestly say that GeneRally is the only game that I have stick to for so many years. It is hard to describe where the fascination comes from, the simplicity might be the key to the magic, a constant effort to find tricks and tweaks to get something realistic and good looking out of those many limitations that the Räbinä boys have put on us - this is the challenge that motivates.

Then on the other hand a forum that is sometimes very critical yet always fair and honour a really good result makes me happy to contribute. I have produced a lot of stuff that I liked a lot but went through almost unnoticed so I must admit that I did not fully understand what Generally'ers like and what does not work. I am glad to hear that we have a lot more members now, however sometimes I also wish there would be more activity on the board and I think we should be more open to people just passing by w/o all those formalities, in the old days a lot more beginners with fresh ideas were active and I kind of liked that. Then again the atmosphere here is just perfect so everybody on the admin team is doing a great job.

There are some in the list of nominees that I would have given my vote too and I would like to congratulate them on their great work as well, I find it very hard these days to create more as I got very busy with other things but now that 2012 started and with the fact that I would like to keep the award for another few years I can only ask all carmakers out there to do everything to snatch this award out of my hands and make 2012 even better ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Need more X tracks and cars? Check out
http://genetleman.jimdo.com and / or http://jolly.yoll.net

MBX6-T driver
Glen

Post by Glen »

:shock: I am surprised that so many people wanted to see me as the rookie of the year. it gives me great pleasure, thank you :goal:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Because we're slightly behind the schedule, we'll skip Jo.sk's presenting of the Driver's award, because he's likely too busy to do it soon during working days like now, he can can present it anytime he'll wish and have time later (like happened previous year). :)

Like in other years we could see many people spending hundreds of hours during the year by hard work just for good of the others in community without any expectation or even claims of some personal benefits for them. So like in the previous years the committee used its liberty to pick up one more of these long-term efforts, which to be pointed out during this Gala by the Committee Award next to the others, which were elected by us all. :)

And the Golden Räbinäs go to...

The reasons for the awards are basically two his efforts. He showed lot of dedication and patience with GR tracks, which he's restoring in special subforum here - it's not as simple as it may look on first sign - sorting it out thousands of files, contacting various people, who often left us years ago and negotiating with them or just making all needed screenshots - it all brings months filled by troubles. And surprisingly he wasn't satisfied only by this, but also found time to create a Palette archive website, which he lately even developed into GR Archive - place for even more kinds of stuff, which gives the real final touch of uniqueness to this game. He cares about all this and does it without a flaw - our thanks to you! :hattip:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Congratulations Dejan and thanks for your extraordinary work. :bg:
Buka

Post by Buka »

Today the Comittee presents another special Honorary award - "in memoriam". We want to remind you about, in my opinion, one of the most imortant member of our small community during its pre-GRIF period. :rsc: Mebiko, Soltys, Juan... Guess who's got the award this year.

And the Golden Räbinäs go in memoriam to...

The reasoning of our choice is very simple and strong. He is one of the most successful drivers with 683 events and 56 victories. :drive: He was the manager of many successful ToM competitions. :tom: He also was my predecessor in ToM elections. :tom: He was also great commentator - very friendly and constructive. :drink: Few of us spend so much time with the community as he did. He was also the hoster of the second Rabina Gala thread. And today he's rewarded with his second Rabina award! :clap:

He promised to come back some day. And I do hope the award will motivate him to do so!
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Hello, and sorry for the delay (again, as last year :shhh: )

This year it's a pleasure for me to give the award to an "old" driver. He's the only active competitor who took part to the 1st supported event by GWR, in the year 2003. He's a legend and even his victory last year was not so easy, contrary to Alexwolf79 the 2 previous years, I think he fully deserves it.

Reminder of his career : after a very good start (2nd/2003 and 3rd/2004), he had a small drop in motivation and success (10th/2005, 20th/2006, 38th/2007, 11th/2008) but he found again the way of success (5th/2009, 10th/2010) and finally won the Generally World Ranking in 2011 :bg: .
Congratulations :cflag:
And now ... is he going to keep his title this year ??? that is the question (but it is on track).

See you next year.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Wow, what an honor. I just didn't expected this one coming :shock:
Thanks a lot for your confirmation of my GR work, Ill try to keep it up :bg:
Glen wrote::shock: I am surprised that so many people wanted to see me as the rookie of the year. it gives me great pleasure, thank you :goal:
I'm not surprised at all. You just show great potentials. You somehow remember me Garbre when he joined the GR community. He was just a rookie at that time but his ideas and track realizations were somehow out of ordinary.
Hmm,...you know what....maybe you have the right ideas to actually finish his last unreleased project. I'm not saying that you should do it today or tomorrow...but maybe after half a year or so...you never know.... ;)
akouk

Post by akouk »

I just have to congratulate those two :greybeard: first! :mrgreen:
:hug:
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Hello guys,

It is an honour to me having the chance of presenting one of the awards in the 2011 Räbinä Awards ceremony. Thanks to whoever thought about me for doing it.

I consider it is one of the most important awards anybody can get as you all know how important it have been for Generally having such a brilliant, loyal and faithful community. Being awarded with the Community Member award of the year has to be a great honour considering all the people taking care of diferent things behind the visible side of the forums. Creating tracks, creating cars, opening new leagues, creating data base´s and getting them up to date or even creating new softwares or tools for Generally or helping new members to get used to the forums and getting started. There are so diferent factors in the Generally comunity being judged here, and it is so important to keep the comunity alive and kicking, that the winner of the award has to feel deeply proud for being awarded.

Now let´s go with the nomines...
Nominees for Member of the Year 2011:

1nsane, Bouncebackability, Buka, Crono, egamad, Herbal, James Burgess, LongBow, majortom, Trigger Happy, TuomoH, XYY.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Now that all the Golden Räbinäs have been given out I have to thank you very much for the racer award, it's much appreciated. :goodvibes:

Then, congratulations to all awarded people, all were very much deserved. :up: :up:

Just a side note, for the rookie of the year award I only looked at what rookies were doing last year, that's why I didn't vote for Glen who blossomed this year with all the great releases. ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Once more thumb up for James. :up:

In all the stress with trying to keep the gala going at least a bit smoothly I forgot on something. :oops: Many thanks to you for the votes mentioning my name in the commentator award, guys. :goodvibes:

BTW it's cool, that each award has a different winner this year, isn't it? :trampo:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Wow, I'm surprised to see myself being nominated twice this year. Thanks for those! :D I guess I'll have to get more active on the on-topic threads too from now on. :P

I managed to miss this whole thing this year. So, a belated congrats to all of the guys who got the awards and who got voted and nominated.

And the different winner for every award and the sheer amount of nominees clearly shows that we have some high quality members over here. ;)
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!