Question about compos

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Davesdewas

Question about compos

Post by Davesdewas »

I've always wondered (in compos) how in the world do you make the compo so that the competitors' cars do not collide/go through each other? (like in the photos Lorenzo posted) hellodear.in

tea tv
Last edited by Davesdewas on Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kikwik

Re: Eye-candy and mythical works...

Post by Kikwik »

Hello and welcome Davesdewas ! :wave:

In fact it's simple ; each competitor make a login race alone and send their save (replay), screenshot and track, then the organizers merge all the replays together. That way, all cars don't collide as they are "ghosts". GRPL have a special replays merger and video creator that allow to watch the race, something unique and quite incredible in GR competitions.

Competitions a while ago were made with AI, but most of them nowadays are used with a login system and races are made alone, then replays are merged together.

Don't hesitate to go on the GRPL Discord server, the most active community about GR. Here it's quite dead. Few people are still haunting the place for an obscure reason though. :D

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Question about compos

Post by TuomoH »

Welcome to the forums, Davesdewas. :wave: I moved your question and Kikwik's reply to this new thread as your question wasn't really related to the original thread.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Question about compos

Post by Crowella »

Also feel free to join the current competition GRASCAR while you are over there. Always happy to accept more entrants 😁
View my archived circuits/cars here