GeneRally and GPM2

General discussion about your experience with the game.
ivaneurope

GeneRally and GPM2

Post by ivaneurope »

Greetings,
I like the community made GR tracks - especially the real world based. But I'd also like to present a similar 2d topdown and also very popular game - Grand Prix Manager 2.
GPM2 has also a community, dedicated in updating the game with actual mods - classic, modern and fantasy mods. The name of the community is GPM2 World and this community has made all mods from 1989 to 2011(2012 is WIP).
However the original tracks(non-mod) are obsolete for future mods and there are few people who have time to make new GPM2 tracks. But since the GR land .bmp format of the tracks is similar to the GPM2 .pcx tracks I have an idea - to convert the .bmp land to .pcx format. I'd like to ask all GR trackmakers in this forum forum for permission for using and converting the GR tracks in GPM2 on behalf of the GPM2 World. I know a guy from the GPM2 World forums, who can convert them.
Thank you. I'll be very thankful.
(NOTE: If this topic isn't placed, where it should be, then move this to it's right place)
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
DuklaLiberec

Re: GeneRally and GPM2

Post by DuklaLiberec »

I know GPM2, but I am not sure whether it can handle with the large WS of the GR RWLs.... :scratch:
RacerBG

Re: GeneRally and GPM2

Post by RacerBG »

Converting it's not so hard as you mention it. Anyway this is a good oportunity for the GPM2 community to have new tracks.
Gentlemens, start your engines!