Community sheet to add to GR history

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Kikwik

Community sheet to add to GR history

Post by Kikwik »

I will explain more better than I did in the subject, don't worry !

Ok, I had an idea to add a little thing to GR history : sheets of all who participated in GR History like owning a website for Generally, making tracks and/or cars, being a tools wizard, creating this game or being a famous racer. All members could create a sheet, but the priority will be to the community members themselves to create their own sheet (Masa creating his sheet for example).
Why this idea you may ask ? :shrug:
It's a way to fill GR History with a sort of "Wall of Fame" to remember and to see how numerous people contribute to this game or just to see what they have done or what specific qualities or unique abilities they put in this game. Next, it can be useful for guests who come here to look for a specific trackmaker or a specific wizard to choose and to look what they have done (for example because I'm not explaining this very well :sweatdrop: , someone who searched for ski tracks can find for example the sheet of Milton Dupont who made a lot of ski tracks.). And it can be useful to anyone who wanted to thanks or comment especially someone for his work or just add something to complete the sheet.

The sheet can be like that :
Name of the community member
His avatar or signature (for instant recognizing, because pictures better than words)
What special about him (his style in trackmaking, his unique skateboard tracks,...) :...
His or her participation to the community (with tags for tracks or cars) :...
Thanks [name of the community member] ! (because it's always great to see a thanks when we did something for free to please others !)

So... what do you think about it ? It can be possible or...? :roll:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Community sheet to add to GR history

Post by TuomoH »

Sound like the GR Wiki that was proposed but nothing more. Not a bad idea.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I came up with a good set of ideas for a GR Wiki, but I never did anything with the proposal - Herbal will remember our discussions about it.
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Yes, like this one :
I was more thinking it would refer to individual track/carpacks and certainly individual makers Not just the basic game.
It's exactly what I wanted to create ! (it will be more individual makers)
But my idea was to make this on the forum, in a GR History subforum or sort of thing. Not on an external encyclopedia like Wiki, so all members could create their sheet or comment on it.
It's a shame that nothing was made. These subjects prove one thing : the will of the community to make a GR Wiki or something for the history of this game. Because it's a very rich community who grows (and still grows today) since 2002 with this game. I never heard a such active community in a game.

If there is something made at this subject, let me know please. I can start with a few sheets or help a little with this.

TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

But here on the forums people could only edit their own sheets. In Wiki format it would be more of a community effort.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

TBH I never really undestrood why the Wiki was never started.. if we have to choose between having a wiki and not having a wiki, what is there to think about?
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

If we end up making one we should include all the topics about explaining tags, tools, compos etc. Which is a grand work I think. But if it's just a memorial to all members to make the history of the game more understandable and enjoyable to look and read through, then I would prefer that instead of a wiki. Of course if the rest of you wants a wiki page then I guess I'll help out too! :D
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, my idea was based around us having a Wiki about the most notable cars, tracks and track makers, and I did come up with a set of guidelines, similar to Wikipedia (some of you may know that I'm a frequent contributor there). I've added a Word document here with my ideas for those guidelines. Feel free to make any suggestions about them :)
Attachments
GR Wiki notability guidelines.zip
(11.28 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Hey, you made this well ! :bg:
No other things to add at it for me, I found the notifications reasonable for anyone.

But I'm like Garbre and myself in my first post, I prefer just make a memorial on the forum instead of a wiki. It can be more joyful and less complicated, I don't know... :roll:

Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

There's nothing to stop both happening, if people want them to happen, and can be bothered to put the work in. Unless there's any major objections, I'll probably start the GR Wiki sometime in early July/late June (but I won't do everything myself! :p )
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

If you start it Luke, count me in. :bg: I would really love to make some pages regarding trackmaking, landmap art and bitmap editors. :yummy:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

(but I won't do everything myself!)
Don't worry ! I'm sure after you'll start, the community will build little by little the wiki. But they must be aware of this...