Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2013

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2013

Post by Herbal »

Yeah, it seems that even on this forum is the Herbal essential... :cool:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Congratulations to everyone that has won an award so far. :)
First off, so much thanks to everyone that voted for me as for the trackmaker award 2013. To be honest, I did not ever expect this award. I can really consider this my final piece to add to the awards I have won over the soon to be 10 years of being in this community. I assure you I won't stop making tracks yet and when GR 2.0 comes around, surely there will be even more to add and I'm looking forward to getting some tracks as well as cars and potentially add-ons out then too.

If it wasn't for this community and it's long standing support, I wouldn't have ever been able to make these tracks or get near the level I have got to so far. So once again, thank you everyone. :)
View my archived circuits/cars here
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Imagine yourself be a new member of this forum. It's the first time you come here but you played Generally since a long time before. And you discover a whole community who like the same game than you ! Quick, you're impatient to share your creation or your compo made with a lot of patience, details, love, to other members. You're really proud of it and you know that it's the best that you can make. Then you post your work without seeing that there are rules (Tell me that you don't make it once !). Here, your creation is now visible by all, you shared your creation ! Gathering cookies and bier on front of your computer, you wait with a big smile in your face (like this) some comments on your compo/track/car. Minutes, hours, days past away. No comments. You can't believe it. No "Good work !", no "My guinea pig can do better with his eyes closed.", no advices. You're disgusted and leave forever GRIF.

It can happen but luckily, we have on this forum members who take time and give a lot of patience to new members and as well to skilled ones to avoid such thing. With their help, we improve our skills like we never think we could reach such level one day. Our work is better and better and more joyful for those who take part to a compo, or play with a track or a car. They willingly give advices (and very often good ones !) when we show them our work. When we think of what they do here, we are grateful to all those guys who help us to be better.

Even if there is only one chosen, all can be really proud to be nominated and deserve all our thanks.

Without reading more, here's the...
Nominees for Commentator of the Year 2013:

Bouncebackability, DuklaLiberec, Emil the ZZW, puttz, Rendy, Scholl, Trigger Happy, XYY, YoNnie.
And the Golden Räbinäs go to...

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

We are getting close to the end of our gala event, and with that, I would like to congratulate to everyone, who has won an award or even just got nominated! :shaking:

And now, as regular visitors of Räbinä Awards Gala know, we hand out also an honorary award to a member, whose GeneRally work defined in principle our life in the community. This year we are going to hand out this award to an actual wizard of GR. He has released a good amount of high quality tracks in the first several years of GeneRally. But most of us remember on him as a tool creator. I guess, we all know, that two car editor programs have been released in our community, and the first one was his. On the top on it, he's also managed competitions, which were successful.

At the end here's just a little video from his miscellaneous works uploaded on youtube, a cool 3D go-kart video!

I guess it is clear already, that who is going to receive our honorary prize, ...

and so the Golden Räbinäs go to...
Areen

Post by Areen »

"Here comes your speech. You may use smilies if you want to." and again like 10 times. That's the script?! Ekhmm, anyway. Hello everyone. I'm very pleased to end this wonderful Räbinä Awards Gala and I want to present you the last act of the night, the Community Member of the Year 2013 award. Community award means that the person who receives this award is really appreciated in our little society for his work, his presence and his effigy. Each person who helps build this community really deserves this awards, but, you know, only one person can receive this award. Let's look at the nominees for Community Member of the Year 2013
Nominees for Community Member of the Year 2013:

Areen, Bouncebackability, Buka, Crono, Crowella, DuklaLiberec, egamad, Emil the ZZW, Garbre, GeorgM, Gzehoo, Herbal, James, jo.sk, LongBow, MASA, Paw, puttz, sartalas, SGroe, Trigger Happy, TuomoH, XYY.
And the Golden Räbinäs go to...
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

There has to be a mistake in the Community member votes' file:
sartalas : Trigger Happy

“I have to go with jo.sk on this one because of his single-handed running of GWR. I can't imagine the amount of work it must take to keep up such a massive database of GR compo history. And I thought running a single compo was a lot of work...”
Thanks for the votes guys, and congrats to all award-winners :bg:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

XYY wrote:There has to be a mistake in the Community member votes' file:

“I have to go with jo.sk on this one because of his single-handed running of GWR. I can't imagine the amount of work it must take to keep up such a massive database of GR compo history. And I thought running a single compo was a lot of work...”
Thank you for pointing me for that one, will soon replace the zip with correct sums.
puttz

Post by puttz »

That quote actually belongs to me. Should be under my name and vote :P
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Herbal wrote:
XYY wrote:There has to be a mistake in the Community member votes' file:

Thank you for pointing me for that one, will soon replace the zip with correct sums.
Wouldn't that mean that jo.sk is a co-winner?
I like short, simple signatures!
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Congratulations to all the winners :bg:
bduddy wrote:Wouldn't that mean that jo.sk is a co-winner?
It's possible... :misch:
Thanks to all the people who voted for me !!! and for XYY who noticed the mistake !
Buka

Post by Buka »

puttz wrote:That quote actually belongs to me. Should be under my name and vote :P
Yeah. That's right. Results of the election are correct. Only little mess with the .txt file. Sorry for that. :shy:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Congratulations to the winners, every trophy was well deserved! :up: :up:

And thanks to Mad Dan for the vote. :cool2:
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Buka wrote:
puttz wrote:That quote actually belongs to me. Should be under my name and vote :P
Yeah. That's right. Results of the election are correct. Only little mess with the .txt file. Sorry for that. :shy:
What a pity, but it doesn't matter, it will be for another time... :roll:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Once again. Congrats to all guys, who won that little gold thing called Räbinä Award! I envy so much guys :D I enjoyed this Gala Thread especially giving award to Crowella and shaking his hand :bsmile:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)