Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2013

General discussion about your experience with the game.
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Grab yourself an energy drink and stay tuned to catch the world's most famous GeneRally stars walking down the virtual red carpet in their festive clothes at GRIF's Dolby Theatre. Undoubtedly, these are the most anticipated days in gaming biz's calendar and, before the ceremony gets under way, the annual question must be raised: Which celebrity wears the cleanest trackers and the most geekish shirt?

That's right! The 2013 Räbinä Awards are almost upon us and only a handful of all the derserving members will walk away with a Golden Räbinä while most of the community is still intrigued by the further development of our favourite top-down racing game.

The past 12 months have finally brought about noticeable motion to the plans for the highly-desired successor of our beloved 13-year old piece of software. Placed into the capable hands of fellow indie game developers, general design decisions relied on ideas and guidelines from our community and remained, all in all, non-controversial. As a result, I feel that we can all look forward to the resurgence of a game that seems worthy of the franchise's original success.

Besides the Räbinä brothers, who are the game's creators and the patrons of these awards, this success is largely due to the lasting love and the endless efforts of thousands of ambitious hobby racers, track architects, car designers, competition organisers, software developers and forum commentators.

And now, as I had the honour to set the stage for the upcoming award ceremony, let us appreciate all the individual commitment, the outstanding performances and the exceptional contributions that turn this community into a very special bunch of people.

And the Räbinäs go to ...

The categories of the Räbinä Awards are:

#1. CarMaker - MASA
#2. TrackMaker - Crowella
#3. Competition Organizer - puttz
#4. Rookie - Wojtek
#5. Commentator - Trigger Happy
#6. Racer - Alonso
#7. Honorary Awards - Akouk
Honorary Awards (in memoriam) - Strava
#8. Community Member - Bouncebackability
Some helpful links:
Last edited by RudyOosterndijk on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2013

Post by Herbal »

--------------------------
It is time for our first advertisement!
herbal_prod.png
--------------------------
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Paw

Post by Paw »

I am honored to present you the Räbinä Award in CarMaker category.

It is not only important where you drive, but also what you drive. There's a motto in our community saying "real man drive 40 polygons". That limitation of number of polygons became a symbol of GeneRallys simplicity, very important factor in how GR delivers so much fun. Because of that limit carmaking has became an art of balance, an art which has been understood by many, but only one will be the winner of this years Award.

Carmaking will change with GeneRallys sequel, as the limit of polygons will be raised. There will be many new opportunities. I'm using this occasion to remind you about the fact, that we need to think about new motto for the game, as the one mentioned by me before will be outdated.

I have the envelope with the name of the winner here. Let's open it...
Nominees for CarMaker of the Year 2013:

AeroWiewiur, Emil the ZZW, Gzehoo, Haruna, Herbal, Marcinho, marinator, MASA, Krisu, Lukeno94, puttz, Rendy, Ryumi, sartalas, Szmajli, XYY.
And the Golden Räbinä goes to...
puttz

Post by puttz »

Congrats to the winner of Carmaker :bg: Not a real big surprise, I must say.
@ Dukla, thanks for the vote. I don't know about the carmaster thing, though :mrgreen: I don't think I'm quite at that level.

And now, if I may provide a commercial interruption :shhh:

--------------------------------------------------------
NAGRCAGT.png
The thrill of victory! The agony of defeat! Many will come, but only one can rise to become champion. Take on the mantle of a GT racing team owner and push your team to the top. Hire the drivers that best fit your team and your budget. Upgrade your cars with better parts, or build research facilities to do research and gain an edge on your opposition. Hire a crew chief to improve your team's performance. Choose tires that best suit your performance. Engage in public relations to attract more lucrative sponsors. And in the end, the best manager will rise to the top and raise the inaugural NAGRCA GT series trophy. Coming this Summer.
NAGRCA GT Promo.png
NAGRCA GT Promo.png (8.02 KiB) Viewed 6215 times
------------------And now we return to the gala :popcorn: ----------
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Congrats to the winner of carmaker award :clap:

I am still amazed that I got nominated in that category, even though I released only one car.

And next there's coming the one that is the most interesting for me. This is getting really exciting :sweatdrop:

But first a little commercial:
[attachment=0]horseshoe_advert.jpg[/attachment]
Got bored to driving those rusty cars? Got bored to smelling polluted air and to listening to artificial noise? If yes, then why not to take part in Golden Horseshoe Challenge, in which you can listen to the sounds of nature and breathe fresh air whilst you go horse clipping clapping and old hooves making sparks around and around the Nigemy Horse Race Facility till you end up in paranoia :rolleyes: erm, I mean till you reach the finish and see, if you were enough fast to be able to make it to the top of the podium.
Attachments
horseshoe_advert.jpg
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

puttz, can you be a little bit quiter with that popcorn please? Thank you.

Good late evening ladies and gentlemans. I'm very delighted to be here. Now it's time for me to present you, who is the best Generally TrackMaker in the world for year 2013. I am really honored to present you one of the most popular category. Maybe it's because TrackMaking is really easy to do. You can simply do a track in 10 minutes, but you can work on it for a hours. This reminds me, that is almost a year, from point, when i released my last track :shock: I'm just participating in Joint Efforts projects. I really have to make a new track, i will start working on it tommorow, i promise. I don't know what should i say more. We had enough of my poor english speaking, let's move to the real business. I have an envelope here with the name of the winner. Let me see..... :shake2: To be honest, I am a little bit suprised with the results, but I thing, that winner really deserves it! :bg: But before i will tell it to you, who is the best Generally TrackMaker in the world for year 2013, let's rerun nominees list.
Nominees for TrackMaker of the Year 2013:

AeroWiewiur, Areen, Bouncebackability, CamrosX, Crowella, Dragon, Emil the ZZW, Glen, Maciej1, MASA, McBidouille, Kikwik, Otto Wilson, qurpiz, .:spawnhypno:., sartalas, Scholl, Trigger Happy,

TuomoH, von Mantov, YoNnie.
Last edited by FRUKIScze on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Areen

Post by Areen »

Whoa! First person who really beated Maciej1! ;O Congratulations! I think this is really deserved in terms of whole last year, 2013 ;) One again, congratulations to the winner! :clap:
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

I'm not able to open the trackmaker_2013.zip :(
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
puttz

Post by puttz »

I think the real shocker is that
Maceij1 only got one vote.
There were a lot of varying opinions, although there was a clear winner. Congrats :bg: Looking forward to seeing who gets the next award. There are a lot of legitimate contenders for that one. Should be interesting.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

We have a car, we have a track, which means we are ready to drive. Racing alone against the computer drivers is one possibility, the other - much more interesting - is joining one of our many competition series.

Finding right date to start, setting optimal number of rounds, selecting tracks from hundreds of real world and fictional ones, choosing car that fits the tracks best, making regulations well balanced - clear enough and strict enough, deciding type of events, point's system, and last, but not least - preparing website for competition - those are ingredients of successful competition.

Now, it is time to find out who managed to do all of it best during last year.
Nominees for Competition Organizer of the Year 2013:

Bird, Buka, davidmay96, Gzehoo, Marcinho, PGR F1 staff (majortom & RudyOosterndijk), puttz, Trigger Happy.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Another commercial break.

We all can drive with realistic cars...But who is the best driver with original general-ish physics of the cars? If you are interested, JUMP HERE and join the compo :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Congratulations, guys!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

*pre-show comments*
Trackmaster: Puttz is right, I was indeed somewhat flabbergasted that after four awards in a row, he received but one vote in this year's election. On the bright side, however, Crowella's clear win showed us that you don't have to create uber-large WS255 circuits in order to gain public acclaim. Nice to see Adam back to trackmaking business after his sabbatical the year before. :bg: By the way:
[quote]I feel certain somebody else might be of another opinion than me, but he cannot argue Emil distinguished himself in the trackmaking business”[/quote]
To avoid misunderstandings, I meant it is imo undeniable that he should be praised sincerely for his work, not only due to his Trackmaster title, of course.

Carmaster: Once again, I was astonished by the fact that neither Krisu nor Luke, who made a decent number of excellent cars, got a single vote. I hope Luke's retirement didn't discourage anybody from voting him and Krisu will retain his motivation after this slight "disappointment". Krisu, if you are reading this, don't complain about the lack of comments in your topics. Instead, take heart from the fact that everybody is backing you.
Congrats to Masa-san for his deserved victory, though.

Competition Organizer: Like in the previous awards, congrats to the winner. What a great job you've done, puttz. :cool:
Ok, now let the show begin!

Good morning gentlemen,

before I'm going to start off my speech, I'd like to thank Mr. Herczeg Balázs for choosing me as the presenter of the Rookie of the Year award. This was an offer that I happily accepted, and I would be grateful if I am allowed to act as presenter in any award where he wants me to do so. 

Ok, let's start. First off, who or what are rookies in general? Well, simple to explain. Rookies form the "fresh blood", fresh blood that keeps the community alive by replacing veterans who unfortunately have to say Farewell to our neat "society" (cf. Mr.J, Räbinä Awards 2010, Rookie of the Year). Needless to say, fresh blood has got to prove itself first, either using drawing boards or on tarmac. Allrounders are welcome too, by the way. Some of the newcomers can blend in perfectly in their new homes, while others might have the usual problems to get along with the hardened members... you know what I mean. That said, no society can live on without them, savvy? :misch: 

Let me tell you my experience. Before I joined the family in June 2011, I already had got to know who Ivo is, also got a grasp of the forum's hierarchy and so on and so forth. But it was not until my registration date when I eventually can actively contribute to the forums so I may get to know these even better. Like virtually everyone during that time, I was instantly amazed by Maciej's [rwl]s. Genetleman released great stuff as well, you should be glad I haven't forgotten him either. Even though I have yet to release a track or a car, I am happy that after a couple of months of commentating, I was recognized as one of GRIF's full-fledged brethren. Other than that, of course, I too obeyed its dos and don'ts, regularly contributed to the community etc. Duties of every rookie, you know. 

There has always been a modest, but steady influx of fresh blood into our family, and although the award I present may not have the high status the  e.g. Trackmaker Award has got, it is beyond question that the rookie who received the most attention this year shall be rewarded with even more recognition. In regard to the number of newcomers I mentioned earlier, be prepared, lads, be prepared for a new era when 40 polygons aren't sufficient anymore to get a man moving. Paw, you heard that, didn't you?

Ok, now back to the present. Two Poles, a Hungarian, an Italian, a Brazilian, a Czech and a Croat were democratically chosen by the community to be eligible to stand for election. Now let's take a look at who the winner will be. 
Nominees for Rookie of the Year 2013:

boblopette, CozmicDragon, david999, JHvP, Lee, Milek, Wojtek.
And the Golden Räbinäs go to...
Areen

Post by Areen »

Whoa! Congratulations to the Rookie of the Year, the first award to user from our community. :)
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Congratulation to the winners so far! :bg: :D :mrgreen:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
marass

Post by marass »

:clap: :clap: to all winners so far, :clap: :clap:
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
Wojtek

Post by Wojtek »

I have scarely found it is such category :)

Thank for distinction ;)

Yeah !!!
;)
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Hi, Generally Community!

For the 5th consecutive year, I have the pleasure to present the "Racer of the Year". Once again, the trophy goes to an uncontested and great driver, let me introduce him to you ...
He starts his career in october 2011 and he was already a candidate for the victory :
- 2nd position for his 1st event at Bukid (GR Rookie Championship Season 19).
- Victory for his 3rd event at Pizmobiak (GR Rookie Champ).
- 1st victory out of the GR Rookie Champ for his 10th event at HJ Grand Prix (TM Grand Prix).
Since the beginning and after 281 events, he won 68 races, 30 hotlaps and 11 timetrials. He was also 9 times the best driver of the month and finally the best driver of the year 2013 !
The last year was dominated by him, except the 2 first months.
Now it's time to give you the name of the winner (even if everyone now him :mrgreen: ) and reward him for his fantastic job with the Räbina Trophy !

And as always, I hope to see you next year, and this year I'm more optimistic because for the 1st time since Januray 2009, we have 35 events in a month. With also a lot of drivers and rookies, the health of GR is on the good way thanks to the excellent work of everyone :shaking:
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

Time for brake...

World Rallycross Championships (WRXC) is amazing racing series in untypical tracks. We drive in dirt, and tarmac tracks. In second season of rallycross, first with new name, we will be drive in 8 events, 2 from all is XGames! This time will be unlimited number of drivers. All can paint car for perfect colors. With the new season will start the NEW WEBSITE, where You will be able to track all the information related to the WRXC.

You wanna have fun like never of here? Start in Rallycross!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Great awards so far, everyone has deserved their victory imo.
I'm flabbergasted that I was selected as organizer of the year. Really it's quite an honor to be chosen from among so many good options. I hope I can keep the compos that you all enjoy coming for at least another year or two. Keep up the good work, everyone. I hope to see plenty of awesome compos coming down the pipeline from all our current organizers and new faces, even though sadly I don't have much time for racing right now :weep: .
Comment on compos, it seems like we've gone from few championships last year to almost an overabundance at the end of 2013 and into 2014. That is a good thing :D

Also, what happened to the commentator award? :shhh:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

puttz wrote:Also, what happened to the commentator award? :shhh:
No worries, Jo is a busy person, and as he tends to have time at weekends, I've let him post his speech before commentator award.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Buka

Post by Buka »

GeneRally community usually appreciate Creators (like trackmakers or carmakers) more than Racers. Which I - and I'm mostly belong to the second category - think isn't very fair. So we decided to change it a little.

That's why the first of the Committee's Honorary Awards of year 2013 goes to the person that I conisder as one of the best GR racers ever. Also I think of him as one of the most important and reputable member of our small community. Maybe he was unlucky to be sometimes in the shadow of some very bright competitors like JR Zullo, Alx.it, Murano, Alexwolf... But nevertheless - for 10 years in a row the guy is always on the top of the grid.

And I have hope that he finally will make those goddamn two races he have to make.

So the Golden Räbinäs goes to...
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

+++++ Commercial Break +++++ Commercial Break +++++ Commercial Break +++++ Commercial Break +++++ Commercial Break +++++

presents

a brand-new new fragrance of our top-selling shampoo Herbal Essences:

Drama Queen
"I'm so good, I put clean thoughts in your head"

+++++ Commercial Break +++++ Commercial Break +++++ Commercial Break +++++ Commercial Break +++++ Commercial Break +++++
Disclaimer: Thanks to FRUKIScze for providing me this link. The original shampoo is called "drama clean". The slogan remained the original one (!). The connection between the name of the shampoo and two very admirable members of our community is purely coincidental.
Last edited by RudyOosterndijk on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marass

Post by marass »

I will buy it soon as possible :) Is there Drama King? I need birthday gift for daddy.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

For more informations about that shampoo write HERE or HERE

btw. Congrats to all guys, which won in any category or even got nominate! :bowdown:
Last edited by FRUKIScze on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.