Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2014

General discussion about your experience with the game.
RudyOosterndijk

Re: Räbinä Awards Gala Thread 2014

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

+++ COMMERCIAL BREAK +++ COMMERCIAL BREAK +++ COMMERCIAL BREAK +++
Last edited by RudyOosterndijk on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Buka

Post by Buka »

RobertRacer wrote:
*Ultimate heavy ultra extra big pokerface*[attachment=0]1279052383758.jpg[/attachment]

After I've relaxed enough I can now comment this:

It's a really, really big honor, to come here to took this golden Räbinä. :goodvibes: I really thank you guys for 7 votes (almost 50%) for me! I don't have expected this, I thought, TriggerHappy, TuomoH or someone else would get this, even when I gave my vote NicolasP. And thank you for the comments at my votes. :D
:bg:
We were going to rename this award to Trigger Happy of the year, but now you ruined the idea. :mrgreen: But really, this is something - you're the first one who overcomment Ivo. :bg:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Congrats guys :bg:
We should call it that way Buka :D For sure! :rofl:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Buka wrote:
RobertRacer wrote:
*Ultimate heavy ultra extra big pokerface*[attachment=1]1279052383758.jpg[/attachment]

After I've relaxed enough I can now comment this:

It's a really, really big honor, to come here to took this golden Räbinä. :goodvibes: I really thank you guys for 7 votes (almost 50%) for me! I don't have expected this, I thought, TriggerHappy, TuomoH or someone else would get this, even when I gave my vote NicolasP. And thank you for the comments at my votes. :D
:bg:
We were going to rename this award to Trigger Happy of the year, but now you ruined the idea. :mrgreen: But really, this is something - you're the first one who overcomment Ivo. :bg:
:rofl: Anyway, I was here the ultimate[attachment=0]eGdsNHV5MTI=_o_c-c-c-combo-breaker.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
eGdsNHV5MTI=_o_c-c-c-combo-breaker.jpg
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

+++++COMMERCIAL BREAK+++++
es-2015-trailer.png
+++++COMMERCIAL BREAK+++++

(my last commercial here ;) let's wait now for Trackmaker of the Year 2014)
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

In my opinion, tracks are the core of any racing game. Sure, a car might be faster or slower, and new rules or championships can be fun, but a new track provides a whole new experience - new lines to discover, corners to take, places to crash. Without new tracks, GR certainly would have become stale and died a long time ago, so now we thank and reward the best of the best, the trackmaker who provided the most interesting tracks of all in 2014.

In GR especially, the variety of tracks is almost endless. You have loving recreations of real tracks, micro tracks where perfect lines and tight racing, crazy stunt tracks with jumps and spins, and new ideas that defy all categories. Over the long period since GR's release, trackmakers have continously improved and innovated, making new tracks and using new tools in ways that would shock the creators and players of TE-only tracks in 2003 (not that there's anything wrong with a TE-only track!) This means that the competition for this award is harder than ever.

Many beautiful and challenging tracks of all shapes and sizes were released in 2014. Once again voters had a very hard decision between many track masters and new up-and-coming trackmakers. It seems they have chosen a deserving winner, one with many amazing tracks and multiple ToM awards. But who was it? It's time to find out...
Nominees for Trackmaker of the Year 2014:

AeroWiewiur, Areen, B@stos, Bouncebackability, CamrosX, David999, Dragon, Emil Patanen, Fermmoylle, Maciej1, maka, MASA, NicolasP, Piet, Qurpiz, Sartalas, Scholl, Scorpion, TuomoH, Wojtek, XYY, YoNnie, zgr.
And the Golden Räbinä goes to...
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Congratz Dragon! :bg: :wink2: :hattip:

Again my vote was right. :bsmile:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Hi everyone !

Once again, I have the pleasure to present the "Racer of the Year".
The name of the winner is not a surprise and he deserve the award, but ... maybe just a little less than the previous one.
Indeed, this time his main opponent scored more points and won more events, but with an average by event almost two time lower, it's why the final result is entirely logical.
He's also the fourth driver who manages to win 2 titles in a row (after Alx.it, Alexwolf79 and TuomoH) and ... maybe a third this year ? Time will tell.

And as always, see you next year :shaking:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

First of all, I would like to say thank you for the kind contributions with your ads, which make the Räbinä Awards gala healthy and living. You are the real MVP! :bg: But hey, there's an envelope in my hands, so let's present it.

As most of you know, Räbinä Awards handle not only about giving prizes for the best accessory makers, the fastest drivers, but also those, who work on the smooth running of our everyday life, but their work has not been, or cannot be honored in a regular basis.

Our honorary prize has been given to a humble person, who is acting regularly in our community for about a decade. Most of us know him as a regular and keen racer. The award is just in time, since in the previous month he has reached his most desired millenial event. We may also know his name by his fine competitions he has organized.

But we do not only know because of these above, as he has helped in setting up GRIF and he also was a moderator for one and a half year. His active work in community projects cannot remain unadmired, no matter what circumstances he has. After all, I don't understand, why he didn't receive anything back from the community at all?!

This award is a bit special, because an additional commitee member has been also asked in the decision. The question is, why? Check it out by yourself...

Because the Golden Räbinä goes to...
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Someone made a mistake in the counting of the trackmaker votes :D TuomoH has one vote more and Dragon has one vote less :D
Buka

Post by Buka »

Every year we give two honorary awards, one for present GR member and one for a member who is not already here. This year prizeman was a community member only 2 years, but they were enough for him to become the real star of GeneRally straights and curves. We, the Commitee, think of him as of one of the most talented racers since the GRIF was launched. And I'm very proud that the guy took part in one of my championships.

Sadly he decided to stop his career, but he'll always be remembered among us...

Because the Golden Räbinä goes to...
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

I'm happy that he got this Honorary Award :bg:
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

It is an honour to me having the chance of presenting one of the awards in the 2014 Räbinä Awards ceremony. I am very glad you remember me :).
Upon my first discovery of GR forums almost 8 years ago I quickly realized the community was what made GR stand out from the crowd of small racing games.
There is something extraordinary about both Generally and our community. And we should be proud of that, against all odds and reasons we still keep generally relevant to this time and age.

We have already celebrated those specific members of our community who outstand in each specialized category of contributing or skills but now let us celebrate one of us who contributed most significantly to keeping the community alive.
Despite being the most generally category it might be as well the most important one.
Nominees for Community Member of the Year 2014:

bduddy, Bouncebackability, Buka, Haruna, Herbal, James, jo.sk, Maciej1, MASA, NicolasP, RobertRacer, Trigger Happy, TuomoH, XYY, zgr.
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

+++ COMMERCIAL BREAK +++ COMMERCIAL BREAK +++ COMMERCIAL BREAK +++
Last edited by RudyOosterndijk on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

We have already celebrated those specific members of our community who outstand in each specialized category of contributing or skills but now let us celebrate one of us who contributed most significantly to keeping the community alive.
It's for me a great honour to receive this award, thank you very much to all GR Community.
Even if I can not dedicate more time to Generally, I do everything I can to do a good job.
Thank you again !!! :shy:
kuba

Post by kuba »

Wow, it's great to win Rabina :)

BTW it seems that Hat-trick needs to be back in April.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

kuba wrote:BTW it seems that Hat-trick needs to be back in April.
But not in May.
Indy 500 [R+TT+HL] :shhh:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff