GeneRally and Windows 10

General discussion about your experience with the game.
ivaneurope

GeneRally and Windows 10

Post by ivaneurope »

Hi,

I've recently tried GeneRally 1.2c on Windows 10 PC (not mine - I'm still on Windows 7) and I must report that it works fine. Now I don't know if anyone else has tested it on Windows 10, but I've created this thread for reporting issues while playing GR on Windows 10. Feel free to ask
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
RudyOosterndijk

Re: GeneRally and Windows 10

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

I have just tried Windows 10 on my old machine. And I have to say that, as expected, GeneRally and all the third-party tools run like a charm. Here is a short list of what I have successfully tested (latest version if not stated otherwise):
  • GeneRally 1.10
  • GeneRally 1.2c
  • Car Editor (by Juan)
  • Savegame Reader (by Juan)
  • TrackTool
  • Savegame Analyser (by Majortom)
  • Track Analyser (by Majortom)
  • GRHMEdit (by Mlynki)
  • GR 1.05 Track Viewer (by Bendito)
  • GR Pal Edit v1.00 (by Strava)
Jordrok

Post by Jordrok »

Hi,

I have installed Genrally v1.2c on Windows 10. My only problem is that if a do a season, I don't see the drivers standing after each race, only at the end of the season. I press Enter after seeing the race results and I think the drivers standing appears for a fraction of a second but it immediately jumps to the next race. Any ideas?
Urukka

Post by Urukka »

Hello everyone! I have generally installed on windows 10 and everything works perfectly fine, but the only problem I have so far is with the car editor that does not open due to .dll or .ocx issues. Does anyone have any suggestions?
kuba

Post by kuba »

Urukka

Post by Urukka »

kuba wrote:Have you tried Dlls from http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewtopic.php?t=54 ?
I have already downloaded all of them but it still complains with COMDLG32.OCX. Do you know what that might be?
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

_Uruka_ wrote:I have already downloaded all of them but it still complains with COMDLG32.OCX. Do you know what that might be?
You might have to register the OCX. If you are running the 64-bit version of Windows 10, copy the file into C:/Windows/system32 and into C:/Windows/SysWOW64. The administrator of your system must then open cmd.exe and enter "regsvr32 C:/Windows/SysWOW64/comdlg32.ocx".

Since I did this by default, I can't promise that it will solve your problem.
Urukka

Post by Urukka »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:
_Uruka_ wrote:I have already downloaded all of them but it still complains with COMDLG32.OCX. Do you know what that might be?
You might have to register the OCX. If you are running the 64-bit version of Windows 10, copy the file into C:/Windows/system32 and into C:/Windows/SysWOW64. The administrator of your system must then open cmd.exe and enter "regsvr32 C:/Windows/SysWOW64/comdlg32.ocx".

Since I did this by default, I can't promise that it will solve your problem.
Thank you, I'll try this. :bg: