Lost

General discussion about your experience with the game.
dead14vii1640

Lost

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Where are those great car and trackmakers that are missing on this new forum??
We should start a search for MdP, Jerrec (just 2 great guys I remember but there were many more) and so on. I mean, the reupload section is quite small and during some competitive ToM votations, some tracks did not get very good results :( .
I'd specially enjoy to have again the great "replicants" (guys that make great replica tracks and/or cars, LoL) like the ones I mention above.

Do you think we can still find them?? Will they be GeneRally :gr: -died??
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Lost

Post by AleksiNir »

die996 wrote:Where are those great car and trackmakers that are missing on this new forum??
It's simple: they have retired from GR.
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

aleksinir wrote:It's simple: they have retired from GR.
I think some retired because they thought we won't be able to have another forum... but, as you can see, that's not true. I think Jerrec (for example) forcedly retired thinking that GeneRally was internationally died. He was one of the last ones that post new things before RSC's death and I think he'll rejoin us if somebody contacts them.

NOTE: I'm talking about Jerrec but many others did the same thing: they disappeared with RSC's death and never return again
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

die996 wrote:He was one of the last ones that post new things before RSC's death and I think he'll rejoin us if somebody contacts them.
Jerrec posted something? I thought he left GR conclusively in 2007 or so.

Anyway, most of trackmasters have retired (at least from trackmaking, some have been posting here and there) a long before the final crash of RSC. I got only 7 trackmasters who were active in trackmaking in 2009, and Kory did mostly JE stuff, and Markus Möller was just missing AI lines.
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Where's FenrirBR?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Never heard of him, so probably long gone. I've retired from track-making as well, simply don't have any motivation to make any.
Paw

Post by Paw »

I've got some old tracks by Fenrir. Quite good quality I must admit!

About MdP: he posted a track just before RSC crash. It was even in postponed election.
Jerrec is now doing his lego models, but I might ask him if he may return to GR, I know one forum where he is active.
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Paw wrote:About MdP: he posted a track just before RSC crash. It was even in postponed election.
Jerrec is now doing his lego models, but I might ask him if he may return to GR, I know one forum where he is active.
:heyea: Thanks in advance for the help!!! I think that in a couple of months, reupload sections can be twice bigger than they're know. We have about 130 reuploaded tracks but we have very little number of carmakers (basically, only Ms and Lukeno1).
Call me nostalgic but I became a fan of GeneRally thanks to its comunity and thanks to the great AI racing I can watch :popcorn: .
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

First I thought you were talking about the TV-show. :roflmao:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
Jerac
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Jerac »

I have stopped playing GR because of 3 reasons:

- it crashes on my computer, there is about 50% chance to crash on any race start, track selection or entering player menu - which means, it is unplayable. I tried everything I know except system reinstall which I cannot do because I have l-o-t-s of other important stuff installed there.

- I just can't make any other cars the way I like with just 40 polygons (actually, it is verticles which are missing). All I could do is done, and for me carmaking was at least as fun as the game itself.

- GR became abandoned by its creators, and more, its not open source. I understand the creators' decision, but still don't like it. At all.
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Jerac wrote:I have stopped playing GR because of 3 reasons:

- it crashes on my computer, there is about 50% chance to crash on any race start, track selection or entering player menu - which means, it is unplayable. I tried everything I know except system reinstall which I cannot do because I have l-o-t-s of other important stuff installed there.

- I just can't make any other cars the way I like with just 40 polygons (actually, it is verticles which are missing). All I could do is done, and for me carmaking was at least as fun as the game itself.

- GR became abandoned by its creators, and more, its not open source. I understand the creators' decision, but still don't like it. At all.
It's a pity, and a reall loss for the community!
The "Formula one History" (Made by you, if I remember well), is still one of the favorite car-packs of many members!
What kind of system were you trying to run GR at?
Ofcourse I understand when you say everything you could do is done, but still....
And for the game being abandoned by the programmers, maybe James Burgess is coming up with something new. (?)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Bump. :shrug: If somebody if you have any contact to Mikey B, please PM me. :)
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

ahh, I have been fed up with generally for long time. Maybe I should just upload my files here and download them again when I feel like playing again. You wont mind if I just upload the files here? :really:
...... ಠ_ಠ
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Sutinen wrote:ahh, I have been fed up with generally for long time. Maybe I should just upload my files here and download them again when I feel like playing again. You wont mind if I just upload the files here? :really:
What do you mean by your files? If you're referring to tracks etc made by you, there are appropriate sections for that. If you mean content by others, well, you know the rules.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

From what I understood, he wants to upload his entire folder, which therefore would contain other's works. So no, you can't.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Lukeno94 wrote:From what I understood, he wants to upload his entire folder, which therefore would contain other's works. So no, you can't.
That's how I read it as well, just wanted to be sure.
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

ahh crap. I just upped cars made by me, not anyones other files. Its in GT600 thread. Go check it out, theres only my made cars.
...... ಠ_ಠ
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Ivo Porč wrote:Bump. :shrug: If somebody if you have any contact to Mikey B, please PM me. :)
I don't know where he has gone. I used to contact him reguarly but he seems to have disappeared from my contact list. :(

Some times people just stop making stuff for generally. When you are out of ideas, there isn't too much you can do about that. It kills your motivation.
View my archived circuits/cars here
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I can understand, that he's gone and having now completely different interests. I just wanted to ask him about track permissions for compos. Without a contact I cannot. :(

Thanks for the trying, Adam. :)
Primeracer

Post by Primeracer »

:bump: Well people... it's is a hard bump of course, but itwasfor me to speak about some Fenrirbr some player search for. Hova, Paw, Luke and Alonsomania. Here i'm.. your man, Fenrirbr now is Primeracer, Daniel G. de Carvalho from Brazil. :D :D
Try other tracks by myself: Agrestina -Tristar - Petra