Räbinä Awards discussion thread

General discussion about your experience with the game.
RudyOosterndijk

Re: Räbinä Awards 2012 - nomination

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Although technically possible, I find it a little strange to be potentially awarded twice for basically the same contest. So...
Buka

Post by Buka »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:I find it a little strange to be potentially awarded twice for basically the same contest.
Yeah, that's the reason.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

It is still valid, regardless of them winning before - where in the rules does it back up what you say Buka? :)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Lukeno94 wrote:It is still valid, regardless of them winning before - where in the rules does it back up what you say Buka? :)
RudyOosterndijk wrote:Although technically possible, I find it a little strange to be potentially awarded twice for basically the same contest. So...
Well, that's rather moral question, not technical.
Ah and BTW: compo organizor: Miskolc Racing Foundation (MD & resir014)
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Ah, now I see - it'd be the same as winning ToM in two different months for the same track.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

I guess that does make sense, I forgot to check that they had been awarded last year... but I also sort of agree with Lukeno and Herbal that that's not really in the rules, and it should probably be something for the voters to decide...
I like short, simple signatures!
Buka

Post by Buka »

bduddy wrote:I guess that does make sense, I forgot to check that they had been awarded last year... but I also sort of agree with Lukeno and Herbal that that's not really in the rules, and it should probably be something for the voters to decide...
Rules of RA are schematic. Lets rely on common sense, please. I really don't see why do we argue here - one can't be awarded with the same award twice for the same thing.

BTW, mods, maybe it's worth to move latest posts to Räbinä Awards discussion thread?
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Räbinä Awards discussion thread

Post by TuomoH »

Moved the posts. Also copied Herbal's compo organizer nomination to his earlier post here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

A compo isn't a track, which once finished once receives some ToM votes for its qualities. Then obviously votes in other election later would be wrong, an unfair benefit for NO further effort. But you're comparing incomparable - a compo requires effort during whole length, each single round is sort of effort on its own. If guys a year ago came to conclusion, that the rounds of PGRF1 since season start until end of 2011 was the best fun among the compos during the 2011, then chose it in votes. If anybody now similarly thinks, that nothing was equal to the part of the season, which happened in 2012, I really don't see anything illogical or amoral in the nomination (and anything what further may happen), after all, during about quarter of year 2012 RudyOosterndijk et co. spent on the compo many many hours of hard work and brought lot of fun to many people, I don't know, why we should pretend they didn't.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I wasn't clear enough - I didn't mean track that is finished and then competes in the next ToM. The ToM rules forbid even the updates unless they are severe. But you do have a point, Ivo. It's up to the voters.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Trigger Happy has written exactly what I was thinking.
Areen

Post by Areen »

Thanks everyone for two nominations! It means a lot to me. :)
Gzehoo

Re: Räbinä Awards 2012 - voting

Post by Gzehoo »

I think that Competition Organizer of the Year will be GRMFED, Miskolc or PGR. Other compo organizers maybe have the same chances (except me) but PGR or Miskolc should be a winner.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

2 posts above moved to correct thread from nomination's one. :)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

When will be Gala thread this year? I need to know it, because I need to apologise in school, buy tickets to Helsinki and reserve a hotel :-D
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

FRUKIScze wrote:When will be Gala thread this year? I need to know it, because I need to apologise in school, buy tickets to Helsinki and reserve a hotel :-D
Then, you have some bad luck with this, Räbinä Awards is expected to start on 22th February. In other words, you have only one day to ask out... :sweatdrop:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Herbal wrote:
FRUKIScze wrote:When will be Gala thread this year? I need to know it, because I need to apologise in school, buy tickets to Helsinki and reserve a hotel :-D
Then, you have some bad luck with this, Räbinä Awards is expected to start on 22th February. In other words, you have only one day to ask out... :sweatdrop:
I can make it. I can't miss Räbinä Awards 2012 Gala Thread. ;-)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Whow. I don't really check the Rabina Awards, since i'm not sure of how it works (does the winner for carmaker get a carmaster logo under his profile picture!!?!?!?!) but when i was checking everything...
Trackmaker: ACM, Andrea Tibiletti, Areen, arrow#17, Bouncebackability, CamrosX, Darjo, Dragon, Emil the ZZW, Glen, JohnQ, jo.sk, Maciej1, Mad Dan, mantov, MASA, masto_pursi, MidnightRunner, Otto Wilson, qurpiz, sartalas, Scholl, Trigger Happy, TuomoH, WouterVL, XYY
WHOW. TH... THA.. THATS MY NAME!
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

You are nominated. Check out results in Gala Thread ;)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

FRUKIScze wrote:You are nominated. Check out results in Gala Thread ;)
I know... and i completely understand that nobody voted for me for trackmaker or commentator :P

Well...

LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

WouterVL wrote:I know... and i completely understand that nobody voted for me for trackmaker or commentator :P
Well, you keep improving in your track making skills and your comments are getting better as well. Who knows, maybe in the future... ;)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I'll only say this: I've come a long way in 6-ish years, from churning out utter garbage to CoM-winning megapacks. ;)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

LongBow wrote:
WouterVL wrote:I know... and i completely understand that nobody voted for me for trackmaker or commentator :P
Well, you keep improving in your track making skills and your comments are getting better as well. Who knows, maybe in the future... ;)
Heh, yeah. I'm trying to improve, and now i'm looking at others LMaps to see how they did their "amazing dithering" or, uhh, "cool rally tracks" (whatever i'm looking for at the time).

Oh, also, does a trackmaker award make someone a "trackmaster"? I'm not sure how that's chosen actually...

Well...

Paw

Post by Paw »

There's no direct relation between those two awards.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Wouter, the Räbinä Awards are supposed to be sort of community's summary / celebration of the actual finished year. The master/wizard ranks reflect similar matter but in a more complex way in relation to individual's whole being as part of the community. :)