GeneRally Fiction (Race Stories)

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

GeneRally Fiction (Race Stories)

Post by Haruna »

Share your GeneRally racing stories, team background, etc, here...
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Alonsomania

Re: GeneRally Fiction (Race Stories)

Post by Alonsomania »

RSC used to have lots of great stories from the past, I do not think anybody saved those?
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Where are they? I want to see them :flip:
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

How the stories was like? I wasn't visiting rsc as often as that forum...
resir014

Post by resir014 »

How about we work together to make a real motorsport history with only GR content? :flip:
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

^ Or a racing fan fiction with GR race illustrations? Image. Perhaps we could make the GR version of Initial D and Wangan Midnight with that :lol
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Rendy wrote:^ Or a racing fan fiction with GR race illustrations? Image. Perhaps we could make the GR version of Initial D and Wangan Midnight with that :lol
Then do it :P
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

How about some racing stories that were written for "advertising" (evo) trackpacks?

Here is mine:

The story:

Hills of Oblivion – The Chronicles

Somewhere in the GeneRally world there was a place called Hills of oblivion. A peaceful place where people lived in harmony with nature and where time had stopped long ago. People lived happily, and without the wish to change anything they ended up isolated from the rest of the world. For some reason even the local authorities forgot about this place and soon HOO was forgotten from the rest of the GR world. Until one day…

…when a man by the name Kutford “discovered” this place by pure luck. He was about to get retired and he was searching for a peaceful place where he could enjoy his retirement with his wife. He fall in love with HOO and he decided to build a house in the hills. Soon he moved to the new house and a new life began, or so he thought. At the beginning everything was fine but soon he realized that this peaceful place was getting on his nerves. It was simply too quiet! It was then when he realized that what he was missing the most, was the song of the racing car engines. Kutford used to be a professional race driver and he spent most of his life in or around his racing car.He contacted his ex racing buddies and in a blink of an eye he had a set of racing car parked right outside his house. Kutford jumped in one of the beasts and started the engine. Yes, he was ”home” again.So, every Sunday, when there was almost no traffic on the near road, he brought his car on the road and the fun began. People were staring like crazy and most of them didn’t like the `new` thing. However some of them were quite enthusiastic and later on they paid a visit to Kutford. He was a nice guy and he told them everything about racing and the car itself. Some individuals fell in love with this racing thing and soon on Sundays there was more than one car racing around the HOO area. With time, this became like a tradition and soon the song of the cars engines spread through out the world…

… and the local authorities heard it too. The HOO place was no more forgotten and many people came to this place just to see the races. It was like a tourist attraction. Local authorities finally decided to make a move and invested some money in reconstruction of the entire HOO area, but soon the funds run out and many things were left unfinished. It was about then, when another important man came to HOO. His name was Wendan and he was actually one of Kutford’s sons. He was a young and talented tennis player known all around the GR world. He just won a tournament and he needed a vacation. And what better place like HOO! He liked this place so much that he decided to invest his own money into the place, creating various building complex and his own tennis court as well. HOO started developing itself in all kind of sectors including car racing. Years passed by and HOO area was steadily improving until something…

…disrupted normal life there. Local authorities released a warning that a group of seismologists found out that there is a great possibility that the HOO area is going to be very soon hit by one of the major earthquakes ever in the GR history. Local authorities ordered an immediate evacuation and many people left almost instantly. Some stayed including Kutford and his son Wendan, but not for long.Very soon people could see all kind of animals leaving the HOO area and it was then when they realized that this earthquake is no joke. And they were right. After a week or so, when everyone has already left, a massive earthquake hit the HOO area, making a mess out of it. The earthquake was so strong that even the near dam couldn’t resist
the impact. The dam crashed and the lake behind it flooded half of HOO area, damaging everything else what the arthquake could not. The damage was so extensive that the local authorities abandoned the idea of reconstructing the HOO area. Even the lake which was set loose didn’t ran off due to terrain changes created by the earthquake. Normal life was no longer possible in the HOO area and no one returned to their homes. Kutford and his son returned to live over sea and other people simply had to find another place to live.HOO soon became forgotten again and it looked like the name they had chosen for this place was really the right one. The only thing that could revive this place was…

…a miracle. And it took only 30 years to happen. For some odd reason the Kutford family was again responsible for reviving this place, only this time in a quite strange way. A world wide known company by the name of War Vehicle Industries (WVI) signed a contract with the army to develop a brand new type of vehicle for urban warfare. The chief engineer of this project was Mondega, son of Wendan or grandson of Kutford if you prefer. WVI was searching for a remote place away from curious eyes where they could build a construction/testing facility for their new vehicle. Mondega remembered his grandfather telling him about a lost place near some hills and he suggested this place to the leaders of the company. After checking out the HOO area the company found out that this was almost the perfect place for the new facilities. They bought the entire HOO area and the work started almost immediately. In about a year everything was ready and soon they produced a set of prototypes of their HAAV-UW (Half Amphibious Armored Vehicle for Urban Warfare). It was testing time now! Mondega and some of his engineer friends couldn’t wait for the test pilots, so they decided to test the HAAV-UWs right away. The testing went quite well and even if they encountered some technical problems, they were quite happy with the results. Soon HAAV-UW was ready for mass production and the Army was so happy with it, that they decided to invest even more money into this project. Slowly the entire HOO area was beginning to benefit from this Army involvement. Even some of the people who left years ago returned to HOO. The sun was shining bright again on this place. But nothing is eternal they say and…

…that’s what Aliens from planet Nyrporl told me as well, when I finish telling this story. They were so annoyed about the ending, that they decided to end this story in their own evil way MUUAHA#$*?*(#%@! They inserted the coordinates of HOO into their Super Uber Mega Over Drive Cannon and blasted HOO (along with the entire world) into the eternal Oblivion.

THE END I hope ;-)

by LongBow (stuck in a prison cell somewhere on planet Nyrporl)

You can get the H.O.O. trackpack from my website...link in my sig....
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Or you could put it to the Restored tracks and attach the files there too. :p :D
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Okay, here's what the story I made up after playing with Masa's Street Cars & Police Cars pack...
grpdchasebanner.png
GENERALLY POLICE DEPARTMENT'S STORY: GRPD'S MOST SCARIEST CHASES - Ms City Edition
It's a great day in Ms City. The condition of the city is always the same everyday, from the traffic jams around the city to the pedestrians walking their way to their destination. The offices, banks, and other buildings are also having its usual activity.

Until one day, a Mafia gang ruins the peaceful normal activity of Ms City with their crime acts, ranging from drug selling, bank robberies, thieveries, and even drunk driving. One Police Department - The GRPD of course, is intended to stop that mafia firm from messing the Ms City.

GRPD has done 8 chases in different vicinities around Ms City and arrested all of them. However, we didn’t know how the GRPD cops arrest them. With this 8-part Ms City Police Chase savegames, you will know how the GRPD cops arrest the 8 criminals in 8 Ms City Tracks.

Here’s the list of the cases:
Case 1 - Nagoya City: Catching a Drug Dealer.
A Drug Dealer found in the vicinity of Nagoya City (Ms City 01). Not only he's a drug dealer, but he is also a... let's say "Drug-ster" due to him consuming drugs at the same time. The initial of the suspect is FG

Case 2 - Sakae: Drunk Driver.
A DUI (Driving under the influence of alcohol) driver is found in the Sakae district of Nagoya City (Ms City 02). He is also a friend of the first suspect. His initial is DC

Case 3 - Nagoya II: Cyber Criminal who escapes.
This Cyber-Crime do-er is seen in Nagoya II (Ms City 03). He is notably notorious for asking e-mails for his crime. His initial is not to be revealed, but all we know is his license plate is ER 404 (hinting on "Error 404" thing)

Case 4 - Streets: Macho-looking Gangster.
A buff gangster is seen on Ms City 04, driving an American muscle car. He killed 10 people in progress as the GRPD database stated. Like the 3rd suspect, his name is not to be revealed.

Case 5 - Highway: Reckless Driver.
This driver is known for his excessive speeding. He claims that he reached 250 km/h in Ms City 05 Highways.

Case 6 - Downtown: Catching a Bank Robber.
This Bank Robber is seen in Ms City 06 Downtown Skyscrapers. Not only he robbed many banks, but he also does the ATM burglary.

Case 7 - Port Town: Stopping the Mafia Van.
This van is seen in Ms City 07 Port Town. It is the Mafia's van, whose goal is to export their drugs to the other city by the will of the leader.

Case 8 - Funky Town: Arresting the Mafia Leader.
The mafia leader is seen in Ms City 08. He is the leader of the mafia which polluted Ms City with criminals. He also robbed whole Lipps Inc. Supermarket with the help of his friends. He drives the stolen Lamborghini from the exotic cars' auto row.

ENJOY THE SHOW!

The file below is meant to be in Game and addons page, but it is better suited here. If it's not suited here, please tell me where I have to post this replay file.
Attachments
GRPD Chases.zip
The chase races
(283.07 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

Very fun Police Stories. :D
But I think Street versions were more better than GP versions.

MsCity09 be posted I will done a few days later.
And Wangan bay area is made. The track to take a drive by Wangan Midnight cars of course.

That is MsCity10 WanganMN version..
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

MsCity09? Wow, I've never heard of them. I'm sure it looks cool :D

logan812

Post by logan812 »

Rendy wrote:^ Or a racing fan fiction with GR race illustrations? Image. Perhaps we could make the GR version of Initial D and Wangan Midnight with that :lol
OMG, Tokyo Xtreme Racer GR ftw!
Alx.it

Post by Alx.it »

Hi all,

it was year 2003 :shock: and GR had his first 24 Heures du Mans event...
I was racing together with TuomoH (so many years gone, Tuomo. It's almost unbelievable...), he drove the first stint (out of 3) and I had to do the second one (the "night stint"), it was still undecided who had to drive the last one...

This is what happened, taken from the eMail I sent to Tuomo that days:

Hi Tuomo,

just two words 'bout my nightly performance...
I finished with avg. speed of 134.67 (best lap 19.85)
It was really a nightmare, and we seriously risked to go out of the race for that.
I tell you all the story:
As I said days ago, I wasn't home Friday, and i planned to come back Saturday midday.
For many mistakes I can reach my house only in the late afternoon, so I cannot race when planned, but this wasn't a big problem. I had time enough. Well, days ago I promised to my wife (we are not married but we live togheter since 1997...) to go to a concert this Saturday.
Usually I keep my promises, in addiction I was happy to go to the concert, so we did it.
I came back a little later as planned, but it was before midnight (italian time), so I had all the time to race, but...
They are minimum 3 weeks that doesn't rain here (where I live), but tonight came a storm.
I had just finished my race, taken the first screenshot and, as the screen with results appears (avg. speed 138,xx , I don't remember exactly...)
the PC reebots (a short black-out, I have no UPS) before I can save the game. And the nightmare begins...
I waited some minutes, to see if the temporal gave up, at it seems so.
I started with a new race, but as I came to the 80th. lap, 'another power failure (it was near to 3 AM italian time...)
This time, the power came not back for a while.
I took my laptop and, after download of all I need to race, I started a new race, but I forgot to charge the battery as I came home, so I had no much authonomy. Infact, as I was near to half race, the PC shut down, and the AC-power was not coming yet. (it was near to 4 AM...)
I was dispirited. Fighting against sleep, I was waiting for the black-out end.
At 5 AM the power came back and I finally completed my race (I saw cars, kerbs, little balls, spiders etc... everywhere, and sure it wasn't the best performance I can do...).
I sent it to Tedminator at 5.58AM (italian time, 2 minutes before deadline).
At 8.30 AM I had to wake up, 'cause my parents came for a visit (they come so rare that I cannot stay in bed as they are here, and I was happy to see them...).
I stay all day long with my parents and now they are gone and I will go sleeping (no, s**t, there is Montreal GP...)
So, if you agree, send your race to Tedminator, 'cause the idea to drive 100 more laps on that track makes me vomit... ( I drove all night long almost 400 laps on it, please understand me...)

If you cannot race for some reason, please mail me as soon as possible (I think I will not go to bed until 22:00-22:30 italian time), I will do it if needed (but I hope isn't so! ;-) )

Sorry for the bad performance and good luck for the last stint
Alx.it

BTW, Tuomo drove the last stint and we finally won the race.
As a side note, this was one of the last times I saw both my my parents, 'cause only few months later my dad died after an heart attack :shake3: . Since that, I raced almost all the events I took part with #33, in honour of his birthyear...

Regards
Alx.it :wave:
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

logan812 wrote:
OMG, Tokyo Xtreme Racer GR ftw!
Hey, I know you from The Xtreme Racers forum! So glad you're here :wave:

resir014

Post by resir014 »

Alx.it wrote:Hi all,

it was year 2003 :shock: and GR had his first 24 Heures du Mans event...
I was racing together with TuomoH (so many years gone, Tuomo. It's almost unbelievable...), he drove the first stint (out of 3) and I had to do the second one (the "night stint"), it was still undecided who had to drive the last one...

This is what happened, taken from the eMail I sent to Tuomo that days:

Hi Tuomo,

just two words 'bout my nightly performance...
I finished with avg. speed of 134.67 (best lap 19.85)
It was really a nightmare, and we seriously risked to go out of the race for that.
I tell you all the story:
As I said days ago, I wasn't home Friday, and i planned to come back Saturday midday.
For many mistakes I can reach my house only in the late afternoon, so I cannot race when planned, but this wasn't a big problem. I had time enough. Well, days ago I promised to my wife (we are not married but we live togheter since 1997...) to go to a concert this Saturday.
Usually I keep my promises, in addiction I was happy to go to the concert, so we did it.
I came back a little later as planned, but it was before midnight (italian time), so I had all the time to race, but...
They are minimum 3 weeks that doesn't rain here (where I live), but tonight came a storm.
I had just finished my race, taken the first screenshot and, as the screen with results appears (avg. speed 138,xx , I don't remember exactly...)
the PC reebots (a short black-out, I have no UPS) before I can save the game. And the nightmare begins...
I waited some minutes, to see if the temporal gave up, at it seems so.
I started with a new race, but as I came to the 80th. lap, 'another power failure (it was near to 3 AM italian time...)
This time, the power came not back for a while.
I took my laptop and, after download of all I need to race, I started a new race, but I forgot to charge the battery as I came home, so I had no much authonomy. Infact, as I was near to half race, the PC shut down, and the AC-power was not coming yet. (it was near to 4 AM...)
I was dispirited. Fighting against sleep, I was waiting for the black-out end.
At 5 AM the power came back and I finally completed my race (I saw cars, kerbs, little balls, spiders etc... everywhere, and sure it wasn't the best performance I can do...).
I sent it to Tedminator at 5.58AM (italian time, 2 minutes before deadline).
At 8.30 AM I had to wake up, 'cause my parents came for a visit (they come so rare that I cannot stay in bed as they are here, and I was happy to see them...).
I stay all day long with my parents and now they are gone and I will go sleeping (no, s**t, there is Montreal GP...)
So, if you agree, send your race to Tedminator, 'cause the idea to drive 100 more laps on that track makes me vomit... ( I drove all night long almost 400 laps on it, please understand me...)

If you cannot race for some reason, please mail me as soon as possible (I think I will not go to bed until 22:00-22:30 italian time), I will do it if needed (but I hope isn't so! ;-) )

Sorry for the bad performance and good luck for the last stint
Alx.it

BTW, Tuomo drove the last stint and we finally won the race.
As a side note, this was one of the last times I saw both my my parents, 'cause only few months later my dad died after an heart attack :shake3: . Since that, I raced almost all the events I took part with #33, in honour of his birthyear...

Regards
Alx.it :wave:
:shock: Very touching... :weep:

I salute your sheer determination to complete that night stint, after those events, and your last moment with your dad. Just an amazing race. :up: :up:
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Epic story! Bravo! :clap:

Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Alx.it, you are a true example of a truly determined man.

As if I didn't have enough respect for you, I have even more respect for you now than I already had before.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Haruna Say wrote:Alx.it, you are a true example of a truly determined man.
:iagree: I should share this story to my friends at another simracing forum.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Alx.it wrote:so many years gone, Tuomo. It's almost unbelievable...
Definitely. It's been so long...

I still remember that episode even though the details had already escaped my mind. Anyway, as others said, that story is a good example of your determination - but I think your whole career shows your determination nicely.

Luckily it wasn't a login race. ;)
maclape

Post by maclape »

Nice post Alex, I've had fun reading it as much as that story (via e-mail) about the undriveable Motorama in another Le Mans race :lol:

Really you tell good anecdotes, i still keep all the emails that contains some of your GR moments that helped me a lot :bg:

Regards!!

P.S. GR Le Mans, i miss you :(
Ed_Mozart

Post by Ed_Mozart »

Here's my story:

GeneRally World Tour Championship of 2007, all of the best drivers in the world had tried to be in the top 6 for the final race, USA. After the Switzerland GP the six names were written on the scoreboard: Axle, from Finland, Rebeca, from Brazil, Donovan, from USA, Scarlet, from England, Frings, from Germany and Slifer from Australia. The day of the race was comming and the six formulas were placed in the track, the speedway was full and everybody in the world were looking to the TV to know who are the world champion of GeneRally.
The three red lights lit up one by one and put out , the USA GP starts with a little confusion on the first corner, and Axle took the 1st place.
But Donovan don't took out the leader, he was -0,33 sec faster than Axle and when he goes to overtake the leader, all the speedway speaks the same thing "Oh my God!".
Scarlet fights up with Slifer and in the second corner she forces Slifer to the outside, raising the left side of her Formula, she flies and crashes in the palm trees on the side of the track and the Red Flag took the race.
Everbody in the place was muted, and this only stops when Scarlet goes out the car and walk to the emergency car uninjured. A funny moment came when a pit man of Axle kicks the rear of his car when he take out the pit too early, and without new tires he loses the frist place to Donovan in the restart of the race, in the lap 15.
Donovan took the control of the race and in the lap 65 of 70, he look to the mirror and see Rebeca and Frings near of he. The two racers went to the pit after the leader and they have more grip in the tires.
And in the lap 68 the two racers overtake the leader, Rebeca by outside and Frings by Inside, in the middle of the Pit Straight, and Donovan crashes in the 1st corner when he tried to put rebeca out the corner, he thew away his steering wheel and walks sad to the pits.
The last lap has coming and Rebeca and Frings was side by side in the third corner and in the inside of the corner Rebeca overtook frings, but in the next corner Frings put your Formula side by side again and they passed by the S/F line together.
The photo-finish in the TV don't show the champion, but the official results shows the tie, everbody in the place see the 0.00 in the scoreboard showing two champions, two winners.
After some minutes a trophy was placed in the pit of the track, and the narrator said: we have one trophy for two winners, that is a unbelievable thing for a GeneRally race, but it's true. Tomorrow a new trophy will be make and goes to the hand of one of the winners, by now, that unique trophy is yours, Rebeca and Frings , the true champions of the world!
And the USA GP of 2007 GRWTC entered the history, and anyone , if asked, goes to tell what happens in the day when all the world stops to see the two champions of the world.

Sorry of my bad english and I hope you like :D
Waiting the Gran Turismo GR!!! Green Ray cars with me xD
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

nice one! you're very creative :bg:
Slifer is a girl name? :really:
and this story reminds me the kids movie "Cars"...
with that "no tires" story. :rofl:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Ed_Mozart

Post by Ed_Mozart »

no no Slifer is a man, a strange name for a man (and for a woman too lol). I don't remenber Cars when I made that, but now I see, they have some similarities :D
Waiting the Gran Turismo GR!!! Green Ray cars with me xD
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

ahh now i understood. the formula what was crashed was scarlet one, not slifer's
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead