Carmaking tutorial [request] [needed]

General discussion about your experience with the game.

Why there are more trackmaking tutorials than carmaking tutorials??

Trackmaking is easier
43%
People think trackmaking is more enjoyable and direct
17%
People do not know how to make physics
12%
All the rest is correct
24%
That statement is not true
5%

Total votes: 42
dead14vii1640

Carmaking tutorial [request] [needed]

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Hello buddy-bud-buddies... :wave:
I think a carmaking tutorial is needed. In my case, I know how to make vertexes and place them but I don't know how to transform them into surfaces. Do I have to put the vertexes in order like 0-1-2, 1-2-3, 2-3-4, etc??
Anyway, a track making tutorial is needed, if anyone teachs me the surface thing, I think I could make a good work since I know how to interpretate silhouettes and basic forms (ask Haruna :compko: ... nah, just joking).
Btw, a carpainting tutorial is also needed.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Carmaking tutorial [request] [needed]

Post by AleksiNir »

die996 wrote:In my case, I know how to make vertexes and place them but I don't know how to transform them into surfaces. Do I have to put the vertexes in order like 0-1-2, 1-2-3, 2-3-4, etc??
If you mean the car has "holes", and some polys don't appear, you can fix this by clicking bottom right of the model window until you have text "Polys" in the far bottom right. Then choose the poly which doesn't appear and click 1->2, 1->3 or 2->3 (any will work) on left.

For the poll, I think there's not as many carmaking tutorials than for trackmaking, because trackmaking is more popular. Also it's easier to get started with trackmaking, but I would say it is easier (at least a lot faster) to make a good car than a good track.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Carmaking tutorial [request] [needed]

Post by Trigger Happy »

In fact you don't need tutorial, you need to read well CarEditor's manual, where it's explained - like Aleksi says. ;)

But back to question. Cars are always about the same way of work - how well you can set polies (explained well in CarEditor's manual, then you need to learn tricks, how to save spare polies and spend them well to have impressive result) and how well you can make enjoyable physic. Trackmaking includes bigger variety of techniques, so it has more tutorials.

And of course, if something has more tutorials, it is harder or more complex than a thing, which has no or few tutorials (because they are not so much needed), IMHO.

Trackeditor is default part of game, careditor not, so people start obviously by tries of making own track at first, so they search for tutorials of this kind at first.

How simple, dear Watson. :sherlock:

BTW I would appreciate a tutorial commonly explaining the physic matter too, even if Haruna's one about realistic physic helps too for general understanding. Carpainting tutorial is done already, by James C. :bg: