Track Reupload Request Thread

Tracks released on forum of RSC.com and lost by its crash(es). Reupload currently possible only by original authors and TR.

Moderator: Track restorers

Scorpion

Re: Track Reupload Request Thread

Post by Scorpion »

Sent via PM to you XYY. :bg:
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
ACM

Post by ACM »

Does anyone here have all the tracks made by future design, or can tell me if they exist anywhere on the internet? I only realised within the last year that despite hearing his name many years ago, I don't have any tracks downloaded from him save for those that exist in ToM packs. And no restored tracks thread exists for him.

Or did future design change his username at any point and I don't know about it?

If someone will answer back to me, that would be great.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

ToM website? ;)
ACM

Post by ACM »

So you're telling me ALL his tracks made it into the various ToM packs?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I doubt that all (I have his few more just nominated like rwl version of Pirita or Denver as in 90s), but likely most of those, which were really worthy of highest astonishment, are there. And because you told, that actually have no one, I incorrectly estimated, that you'll appreciate for start at least this partial satisfaction of your wishes. ;-)
ACM

Post by ACM »

Okay. Well I wasn't looking for his 'best'. I was looking for his entire published library.

Really. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Or if anyone has his entire track collection saved, would they mind sending it to me?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

ACM wrote:Okay. Well I wasn't looking for his 'best'.
That wasn't my point. Just to direct you, where you can get at least something, which is better than nothing - at least for me :roll: , because:
ACM wrote:I was looking for his entire published library.
I doubt, that anybody except future design himself can tell with certainty, that has full collection, all others like me can offer just ''all what I have''.
ACM

Post by ACM »

Trigger Happy wrote:
ACM wrote:Okay. Well I wasn't looking for his 'best'.
That wasn't my point. Just to direct you, where you can get at least something, which is better than nothing
Look. When I typed "save for those that exist in ToM packs" in my original post. That's meant to indicate that I'm already aware of those that exist in ToM packs. So I don't need to be directed to ToM. Because that's not what I'm looking for.
Trigger Happy wrote:I doubt, that anybody except future design himself can tell with certainty, that has full collection, all others like me can offer just ''all what I have''.
:doh:

"Published" is the key word here. Yes, I'm fully aware that most creators don't ever release every little thing they produce in their life time. Even I've made stuff that has never seen the light of day.

Generally however, there tends to be a general consensus or recorded knowledge of what constitutes an 'entire library' made by any given author. This includes tracks that were posted on the track database(old and new), official or community forums(RSC of old and current GRIF), and their own personal webpages(if they had any). It is this 'library' that I'm after.

I hope this clears things up for you.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I was aware of meaning of word ''published''. Do think anybody can remember, if really has very little released bit of a guys's releases or one or two or more miss, because from a reason he missed/skipped it? only future design knows, what he released. But if you mean by the ''entire library'' the same I called ''all I have'', we don't have a problem with understanding each other any longer.

And as you know, exempt readmes and track comments, the list of ToM nominated and voted tracks is one of best sources, if you want a ''entire library'' list. And I checked before 1st reply my own archive for his tracks and no new occurred in comparison of the lists, that was other reason, why I directed you there. Maybe LongBow knows about any.
Last edited by Trigger Happy on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ACM

Post by ACM »

Ugh... You know what. Forget it.

I just went through the task of extracting every track that belonged to him from all the ToM packs just to see how many I would get. As all I knew was there were at least some in them that belonged to him.

I honestly did not expect a turnover of 37 individual tracks(including variations of single tracks). That's quite impressive.

Sorry for being a bother.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

ACM wrote:Ugh... You know what. Forget it.

I just went through the task of extracting every track that belonged to him from all the ToM packs just to see how many I would get. As all I knew was there were at least some in them that belonged to him.

I honestly did not expect a turnover of 37 individual tracks(including variations of single tracks). That's quite impressive.

Sorry for being a bother.
Since you already went thorough all those tracks can you please check if there is any contact info (email) stored in the tracks comments field. The ones I have do not include any useful info.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

In fact, future design is also registered here link and it seems he is lurking carefully - he was last online one month ago so you may have a chance to contact him via pm or also e-mail (because he hasn't got it disabled in his profile). :)
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

XYY wrote:In fact, future design is also registered here link and it seems he is lurking carefully - he was last online one month ago so you may have a chance to contact him via pm or also e-mail (because he hasn't got it disabled in his profile). :)
Strange, it seems I have missed the guy.
BTW when I search in the member database only by the word "future" it does not show up. It does however if I search for him by the full name. Is this normal?

Thanks for the info...I shall contact him.
ACM

Post by ACM »

LongBow wrote:Since you already went thorough all those tracks can you please check if there is any contact info (email) stored in the tracks comments field. The ones I have do not include any useful info.
I'm afraid there isn't anything useful in them all. I just checked.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

LongBow wrote:BTW when I search in the member database only by the word "future" it does not show up. It does however if I search for him by the full name. Is this normal?
Yes, if you do it wrong. :-) As the small-font hint in member search says, you need to search ''future*'', if you typed just ''future'', it as searching only equal to that word. :shhh:
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

- Heartland Park Topeka, by "AntiHero"
- Miami Bicentennial Park, by "Jesseferrari"
- Riverside, by "thunder ace"
- San Jose Street Circuit, by "CamrosX"
- Tamiami Park, by "mith612"
- Texas Motor Speedway, by "Dan Belcher"
- Monza (1986 version), by "Christian-F1"
- AVUS (90's version), by "Nickyf1"
- Charade, by "P&M Studios"
- Spa Francorchamps (47-78 layout), by "SpeedFreak"
- About the other guys who did the Phakisa track ("Crazy Coyote" and "Raibe"), did they made the oval? If yes, I want
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I can at least send you Riverside, Charade and Spa, if you give me an e-mail address :cool2:
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Anyone has Crystal Palace by Andy Trott? i am very interested in this track after i saw a video of the old British Saloon Car Championship
my email adress: ottowilsonbr@gmail.com
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Could anyone(if someone has it) reupload Arctic Circle raceway in Norway, otherwise known as Mo I Rana, by steviefaz
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Hi,
I'm searching for a certain track which hopefully exists. It was a rather short track with a layout similar to Ms..'s Corkscrew track. Now imagine this layout rotated by 150° in clockwise direction. The track had black-white kerbs and IIRC a Hmap supporting the layout (I think there were some banked corners at least). I also think that there was quite a lot of scenery in the left and the bottom, while the track was rather positioned in the top-right. I also think it had a lower view angle than 60°.

At first I thought I remembered the track, and I thought that the name was Auster. The track I found as Auster was not what I looked for. Well, if you rotate it by 45° anticlockwise, it looks quite similar to what I have in my mind. Although I still think the track had a lower worldsize.

If anyone knows such a track, I'd be really glad to recieve it and get some info about the author. If not, I probably set some random values in the gr.ini back then and it was really Auster. I hope that someone can help me ;)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Does anybody know, if Mantov made Brands Hatch? He wrote about it on W.I.P.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

Yes, he did mentioned that in the Track Preview and Ideas topic, but he hasn't released it. Why don't you ask him about it? He last visited the forum this year on 20 Dec, so he might answer.
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Garbre wrote:Why don't you ask him about it? He last visited the forum this year on 20 Dec, so he might answer.
I did it via PM. I'm waiting :bsmile:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

I saw the Errorman's website is shutdown...
But I have some of his tracks if you want to reupload them. He made a lot of Micro and Small tracks for mini cars. Or maybe we can just contact him but I don't have his mail adress...

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

Maybe it was just temporarly. By the way, his site doesn't work properly with my browser (Mozilla Firefox). Is it just for me? I have a lot of his tracks, but no contact address :( . If I can get in contact with him I'll ask him about restoring, but to be fair if he has a site for his tracks maybe that's the right way. Anyway, a lot of veteran trackmakers gladly agreed to restore their tracks on the forum. It must be a great thing to see your own tracks again on the GR forum! :D I know I would be happy if someone asks me a 20 years from now! :rofl:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§