A huge pre-blackout trackpack!

Tracks released on forum of RSC.com and lost by its crash(es). Reupload currently possible only by original authors and TR.

Moderator: Track restorers

egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

A huge pre-blackout trackpack!

Post by egamad »

At first I wanted to post in the discussion thread, but then I decided this deserves a whole new thread for itself.

I'm not sure how many tracks did actually survive the RSC crashes, but I've got some very good news. When I was doing a cleanup on my old desktop pc I found, read and wonder, a pack of 5.678 tracks dated 27-03-2004! :heyea:

There are just too many tracks to list here, so I made a .txt with all file names (it doesn't tell much, but just in case you're interested). There are some authors I recognised, like Rich Weeds Nagel, jo.sk, Strava, Fermmoylle, LWing, JamesF1 (Burgess)... And literally hundreds of authors I didn't (a lot of the tracks don't say anything about the author). And I only got to B in alphabethical order. :eyes: At first I wanted to make a list of all the authors, but I don't believe any software exists to automate that, so I gave up after a few hundred tracks.. :hide:

Of course I'm not allowed to post anything here, also the tracks are all without any readmes. The .rar archive of all tracks is about 77MB, so please don't ask me to send the whole pack to you. :hammer: I could probably make a .torrent, but that would probably be illegal too, since I don't have any authority to distribute the tracks. I'm not exactly sure what to do with this gem, but I'm certain I shouldn't keep it only for myself.
Attachments
list.zip
(27.39 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Paw

Re: A huge pre-blackout trackpack!

Post by Paw »

I've got this pack too, but I selected only the better tracks. I've left only 603 of them, but it's nice addition anyway.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Um, ok, I thought I discovered something important. I guess I didn't. :lol: Seriously, I had no idea that many tracks were left from that time, but I'm glad that they have been around.
So now, if anybody wants the tracks, he can ask Paw. :P
Visit My GeneRally site!
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

EASIEST SOLUTION
Pack all the tracks with the highest compression ratio available so you can send it in 5-7 e-mails to anyone that makes the request.

COOL (and mostly illegal) SOLUTION
Upload it to a storage service (I like MegaUpload but I can list about 7 of them) and send the PM only to people that requests it and put a link in a website of your own.

Btw, could you send'em all to me by "the easiest solution"??
I know I'll discard about 80% of the tracks but I really want to see some of this OLD gems of trackmaking (including VERY rare and "special" tracks).
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Buka

Post by Buka »

There are many-many-many very good tracks which I know. Great news. I hope you'll be able to share these tracks. Torrent IMO is the best way. But I don't know how things are with them in Germany. But in fact torrents is almost the same to sharing tracks via email, so I don't see nothing bad with it.
Paw

Post by Paw »

egamad wrote:So now, if anybody wants the tracks, he can ask Paw. :P
Well, quite not, I though that I left the tracks untouched in one zip, while i copied it to my Tracks folder and then sorted, but it appears, that the zip is incomplete too. Sorry for misunderstanding!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

[quote="die996"]Upload it to a storage service (I like MegaUpload but I can list about 7 of them) and send the PM only to people that requests it and put a link in a website of your own.[/quote]
No problem this. If he'll not post the link here in topic, but in PMs, It's OK. Sharing of freeware between friends. :shrug: After week he can delete it from there. Best option. :shhh:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

And the best option would be still to send this pack to TLN. If he can pair these tracks with some readmes, then we'll be just fine. ^^,
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

A lot of people has already asked for the tracks, but I can't send them to nobody until monday, sorry. :sorry:

I will probably create a torrent on one of the free trackers and then send the .torrent file to everybody interested. This way more people can seed the torrent and allow the tracks to be distributed faster. Since the tracks are addons for a freeware game, there shouldn't be any problems with sharing them, but I still wouldn't post anything to the forum, because you never know.. :constable:

So if you want the tracks, email me and I'll send you the .torrent file ASAP. :hattip:
Visit My GeneRally site!
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

To all the people who requested the pack, I sent the e-mails just a few moments ago. Please, if you requested it via PM or mail and didn't get it, email me. Alternatively, you can post a request here and other people can send the .torrent to you. EDIT: don't post here please, only PM or email. I haven't made any torrents before, so I hope I did it right. But please, after downloading, seed as much as possible, so everybody can download the trackpack. ;)
Last edited by egamad on Mon May 31, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit My GeneRally site!
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Can someone forward the thing to thegreatfalcon5[at]gmail[dot]com please? :bg:
edward13two

Post by edward13two »

Could someone please send the torrent to spikethehedgehog42@yahoo.com please? :)
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

egamad wrote:To all the people who requested the pack, I sent the e-mails just a few moments ago. Please, if you requested it via PM or mail and didn't get it, email me. Alternatively, you can post a request here and other people can send the .torrent to you. I haven't made any torrents before, so I hope I did it right. But please, after downloading, seed as much as possible, so everybody can download the trackpack. ;)
Egamad, I think I request them but I have nothing right now... and it's been 7 hours (I went to sleep minutes after I read your post). Will you send it to me to "die-1098@hotmail.com" or to "destroyer1098@gmail.com".
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

egamad wrote:To all the people who requested the pack, I sent the e-mails just a few moments ago. Please, if you requested it via PM or mail and didn't get it, email me. Alternatively, you can post a request here and other people can send the .torrent to you. I haven't made any torrents before, so I hope I did it right. But please, after downloading, seed as much as possible, so everybody can download the trackpack. ;)
I would also like this please. You should know my email, if not, it's birminghamcityrock[at]hotmail[dot]co.uk
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

generally1 :flip: hotmail :flip: com
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

For requests do like egamad mentioned, please - PM to him. Not by reply here (or we'll have to lock the topic). :really:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

There were many requests for the file, and if anyone else wants it, you can still PM me. And to those who already have it, have you played them all yet? :lol:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Buka

Post by Buka »

There's so much awful tracks! :shock: I'm happy that people here don't make such tracks. But of course, there's still a lot of interesting and good tracks. For example, I've found there my beloved Banana500 :love: Also there are a lot of Bragi's tracks which I had long time ago and deleted by mistake. But I've looked only through B letter. :hide: Weeks will be needed to sort all that stuff. BTW, now I understand why Quklis left only 600 tracks from that pack.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Yeah, the average quality isn't exactly Garbre's, that's for sure. :rofl:

BTW, as you must have noticed, some of the authors are signed with their emails. Maybe we should try to contact them?
Visit My GeneRally site!
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Buka wrote:....Also there are a lot of Bragi's tracks which I had long time ago and deleted by mistake.....
A little off topic but Bragi has its own website with (I guess) all of his tracks.

BTW I remember that someone at RSC went through this (or maybe it was another even older) huge track pack and selected only the "good" tracks. Anyone knew something about it or even have this "filtered" trackpack?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

BTW 2: Bragi is registered here on forum, he is here with us. :) (100% it is not coincidence of nicks, but really he.)

@ egamad: good idea, but who will find time to do it? :sweatdrop:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

and he has got an own homepage http://www.borghero.com/geneRally.htm
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

egamad wrote:To all the people who requested the pack, I sent the e-mails just a few moments ago. Please, if you requested it via PM or mail and didn't get it, email me. Alternatively, you can post a request here and other people can send the .torrent to you. EDIT: don't post here please, only PM or email. I haven't made any torrents before, so I hope I did it right. But please, after downloading, seed as much as possible, so everybody can download the trackpack. ;)
rendy_friskmanofjustice :wow: yahoo.co.id
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

:shock: :o more than 5.000 tracks :faintgirl:
send it to max_betico@hotmail.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------