Restored cars discussion topic

Cars released on forum of RSC.com and lost by its crash(es). Reupload currently possible only by original authors.
davidmay96

Re: Restored cars by Masa

Post by davidmay96 »

Chibi 05-06 A1GP

Well done on doing the A1GP cars... I LOVE THEM :woohoo:

I remeber seeing there final race at Brands :weep: I do miss them
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Re: Restored cars discussion topic

Post by masa »

@Rendy: I'd make Animal Kaiser series, but the plan starts of making are uncertain.. :scratch:

@davidmay96: I didn't know that A1GP was finished at 2010. :o

@Mods: Is this conversation a off topic? :roll:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Ms...: yes, you're right. So back to topic, guys, continue discussion of your carmaking ideas in correct topic in Cars subforum, please. :bg:
davidmay96

Re: Car by Ananas (Pillow): Old Dodge Charger

Post by davidmay96 »

It should be in the General Lee colours :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Car by Ananas (Pillow): Old Dodge Charger

Post by Trigger Happy »

Don't bump topics older 30 days unless you have something very important to say, please. It confuses other people. And especially here in this subforum, where for discussion is just discussion topic. :)
davidmay96

Re: Restored cars by TuomoH

Post by davidmay96 »

Very good

Love the police car though :mrgreen: Aweeesommmeeee :hyper:
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Hello there folks,

I've been lurking around here for a while now and seen plenty of restoring cars and tracks going on. I know RSC is down (dead?), but what's the actual case with it in terms of salvaging all the creations made since the start of this.. hmm.. phenomenon? ;) Is it possible that they could dig it all up and post somewhere for people to download?

I've noticed mentions about some rather "strict" rules about (non-authors) posting this stuff here and within that context usually a mod/admin telling that "it won't last forever" or "that's how it is right now", etc..

EDIT: Okeydokey, it indeed appears that Longbow has gotten his hands on all RSC-era tracks and is restoring them. Is there something similar going on with cars?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Jeeves wrote:EDIT: Okeydokey, it indeed appears that Longbow has gotten his hands on all RSC-era tracks and is restoring them. Is there something similar going on with cars?
Nope, not yet, because it will be much harder. In case of tracks we have readmes, track's proprieties Author row or ToM to get, who made a thing, so we're able to identify lot of tracks and LongBow does amazing work with sorting them, contacting authors, uploading and so one. In case of cars the amount of saved zip files is remarkably lower and even less of them readmes with some info, it's quite hard to restore a car pack if we have no clue even about so basics like who actually made it. But that doesn't mean, that cars are closed chapter. ;)
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Trigger Happy wrote:
Jeeves wrote:EDIT: Okeydokey, it indeed appears that Longbow has gotten his hands on all RSC-era tracks and is restoring them. Is there something similar going on with cars?
Nope, not yet, because it will be much harder. In case of tracks we have readmes, track's proprieties Author row or ToM to get, who made a thing, so we're able to identify lot of tracks and LongBow does amazing work with sorting them, contacting authors, uploading and so one. In case of cars the amount of saved zip files is remarkably lower and even less of them readmes with some info, it's quite hard to restore a car pack if we have no clue even about so basics like who actually made it. But that doesn't mean, that cars are closed chapter. ;)
Roger that. Although one wonders why so many don't / didn't include readme-files in their car zip packages - I'd assume that it would be beneficial for people to know who made it and what are you allowed to do with it in terms of editing & crediting.

Well, keeping my fingers crossed nevertheless - thanks for the info. :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I've never really included readme files in anything I've done, partly due to laziness but also due to the fact I've always been very open with what can and can't be done with my cars and tracks. ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

And how do you imagine, that somebody can apply your very open PoV in case of particular car on his HDD, if you don't leave a sign, that you made a particular car? If there is no trace of relation between those two things in case like when a forum disappears? I hope you finally revealed the gap in your thought and start to add readmes. :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

It won't change things, as everyone who has followed my work will know I published my permission arrangements a while ago - and there are lots of tracks with no readmes. In fact, a major problem with some tracks is that author's don't fill in their names.

Now there's a thought, in future maybe the car format could have the author's name and comments just like the tracks can?
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Some time ago I was thinking of some way to get the "lost" cars restored here as well. Obviously those with complete readmes are easily to restore as they contains re-uploading permission or/and contact with the author.

Those with partial info in the readmes or no readmes at all could be restored in the following way:

A member appointed by the admin or admin/mods by themselves should open a thread with the following info:
- name of the zip file containing the car(s)
- name of the car(s) in the zip
- original release date
- content of the readme file (if any included in the zip)
- picture of the car(s)

The first post would be reserved for these infos. Each car/carpack with its own number.
The following post would be for guessing or giving any other info about those cars.
These info could help other members remember something about these cars and maybe remember the authors how made them.
Maybe even a wild guess could help getting things forward to the final restoration.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, if someone tosses me the cars and the information, I can easily do this. :)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Lukeno94 wrote:It won't change things, as everyone who has followed my work will know I published my permission arrangements a while ago
Luke, look. Can you tell me, how can anybody apply your permission on your cars, when he doesn't know, that it was you, who actually made those cars? You're not here forever to identify them personally/confirm anything (saying: life is short and usually ends in death). Similarly now, it's wonderful if anybody of our lost GR-predecessors was as kind as you and we even know about his kindness from a source, but because we cannot identify the cars, which are object of the kindness, it's completely useless.
Lukeno94 wrote:In fact, a major problem with some tracks is that author's don't fill in their names.
Yes, but I already explained you, that it's not so big PITA, because we have readmes, track's proprieties Author row or ToM to get it - various sources. Contrary to situation related to cars. :roll:
Lukeno94 wrote:Now there's a thought, in future maybe the car format could have the author's name and comments just like the tracks can?
Definitely yeah. Post it in feature requests, please. There it will be on eyes more than here. :)

@ LongBow: good ideas. :bg: But the first step in case of cars would be similar to tracks - first to restore those, who are doubtless. (I know both can happen together too.) :)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Well, there's one thing I have to say to LB's idea.... BRILLIANT! Do it now! :bsmile:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Trigger Happy wrote:@ LongBow: good ideas. :bg: But the first step in case of cars would be similar to tracks - first to restore those, who are doubtless. (I know both can happen together too.) :)
I agree. Someone (car restorer of one of admin/mods) should start the car re uploading process of those cars which have a clear re uploading permissions. After that (or maybe sometimes in the middle) a thread that I mentioned before could be made.
When folks will start to visit the car restoring section more often, more chances we have that some would notice that thread and post some useful info about cars.
I cant be the car restorer (I have enough work with tracks) but I can help with the task by sending all the cars that I have in order to make one big car database from which the restoring can start.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Send me the cars, and who made them with any other information you have, and I'll gladly do it.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Luke, even if I appreciate your interest, I think you have enough other work - CoM, compos, carmaking, being moderator. This needs other guy, a person, who optimally has no other responsibilities to focus only on that (among other characteristics). From similar reasons we asked LongBow, if he's interested in tracks ... :)

LongBow, I keep the your order in the files in mind, but I'd wait if Zaekyr's sorting of own archive will result into some fruits, because IMHO first thing to do should be eliminating duplicities between various sources. Doing it several times wouldn't be very effective.
Ol7hYa

Re: Restored cars by Masa

Post by Ol7hYa »

MASA wrote:Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Sorry for the bump, but I think the headlights are half wrong positions, do not give them can put them back?
Sorry for my bad english!