Changes in staff structure

Important notifications about forum and its maintenance.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Changes in staff structure

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hi, guys.

We have some changes in staff and its organization.

Fist of all, The lost Ninja became even more busy in privacy, that expected, so he had to retire from track-restoring task (Thank you, TLN, for your work. :up: ). He is replaced by LongBow, who hopefully will push this task forward. cheerleader:

Next change is, that we have brand new global mod, Paw! Good luck! :bg:

And finally, status of James and Rich is changed little bit, they have no longer any moderating duties, they focus only on their own things related to GeneRally. ;)

Congrats to all promoted. :)
dead14vii1640

Re: Changes in staff structure

Post by dead14vii1640 »

My :2c: , point-by-point
· Track restoring
I think users (any) should be the ones who should be restoring tracks. I mean, some of you have huge collections and have the name of the authors... with that, what else do you need??

· New and former moderators
James and Rich should do their GeneRally work, just that, so change's good. About Paw... I wouldn't have selected him. He has broken some "moral rules" (backseat moderating, etc) recently and there's other good guys.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

eveofracing wrote:About Paw... I wouldn't have selected him. He has broken some "moral rules" (backseat moderating, etc) recently and there's other good guys.
IMO Paw is very good choice, I think he suits being as moderator better than some of the other moderators.
Anyway, I don't see why "backseat moderating" would be wrong, especially if it's done good. I think that rude post by normal member is more effective than a polite post by admin/moderator.

Congratulations everyone :D
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

have to say i, in part, agree with aleksi!

Congrats :champa:
Paw

Post by Paw »

Thank you ladies and gentlemans!

I hope, that you won't give me much to do, right? ;)

I will try my best to keep the forum in good condition.

Best regards and thanks again.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

eveofracing wrote:My :2c: , point-by-point
· Track restoring
I think users (any) should be the ones who should be restoring tracks. I mean, some of you have huge collections and have the name of the authors... with that, what else do you need??
you need the authors permission to re-post their work. Some of them have them wrote in the readmes some not, some do not allow to re-post their work and need to be contacted or persuaded to do so, some authors are simply nowhere to find as they dont have any address written,...and maybe what is even more important, everything needs to be done systematically to prevent confusion in the track restoring task.

Eventually the help of all the members will be needed if there would be missing pieces to this track restoring puzzle :mrgreen:
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

Good choice Ivo. Paw is a great member, and I'll think he'll be perfect for this place in the staff.

@ Paw: Good luck!
Signatures are overrated
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

All the changes are result of discussion of all admins. And Paw's name was originally nominated to the discussion by Tuomo. :bg:

And I believe, that he's good choice, too. :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Welcome on board, mates. :wave:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Paw wrote:I hope, that you won't give me much to do, right? ;)
I was actually thinking about turning into a troll for the next two weeks. :D

...Nah.

Good luck with the... Promotion. :)

I think it was a good choice. As was letting Rich & James use most of the needed GR-time to the actual updating instead of also having to use the limited time on moderating the boards.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

When did Buka become an "Ex-Moderator"?
I like short, simple signatures!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Today on his own request. He decided for it because lack of time. :( But he'll surely tell more on his own, when will be online. :)
Buka

Post by Buka »

There's nothing more to tell. Unfortunately I just don't have enough time to moderate the forum. For the last few month I only visit regularly 1-2 subforums. :sorry: I'm not leaving though unlike Kory, Raska and TLN. :talkth: I'll just focus more on managing competitions and ToM, maybe on trackmaking.
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

it's not your fault if you don't have time, but i'm sure that you will be here to help everytime you can :bg:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

What about making a rank for normal members?

What is the font name of the words "Administrator" and "Moderator"? :scratch:

EDIT: And what is the font size?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Thunderstrucker on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

I'd like also if you will replace Buka(i know that i will not be the new moderator)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Thunderstucker: I don't think, that every user on this forum needs a rank, it would just hide the master awards (which are privilege) and staff ranks (which have function to help people to easily distinguish staff members, when they need a help, or other important persons like James from rest of members). ;)

@ The MNZ: Buka will not be replaced by new name. At least not in close future.
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Trigger Happy wrote:@ Thunderstucker: I don't think, that every user on this forum needs a rank, it would just hide the master awards (which are privilege) and staff ranks (which have function to help people to easily distinguish staff members, when they need a help, or other important persons like James from rest of members). ;)
But if we don't have a rank, we will be thinking you are so much superior to us, that people might think they don't do anything for the forums. That's why I took the liberty to make the Guru and Retired Staff buttons. ;)
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

As I told, staff ranks are to help people to easy distinguish staff - that's a reason, why retired staff and Gurus have no staff rank too - they are not a forum staff (it would confuse regular members, so they could try to ask them for help with forum issues - it's not job of these guys like James or Buka). Otherwise having a rank under avatar is exclusive privilege - and it's reserved for wizards/masters (these ranks are ''more'' than staff rank, that's why e.g. Tuomo has no staff rank).
Alex

Post by Alex »

What about a small icon below the avatar that shows a post rank? So for example 0 posts would be something like "Downloader" 1 - 50 posts would be a low post rank, 50 -100 posts would be average, 100 - 300 would be above average and over 1000 would be "Master poster" or something.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Alex wrote:What about a small icon below the avatar that shows a post rank? So for example 0 posts would be something like "Downloader" 1 - 50 posts would be a low post rank, 50 -100 posts would be average, 100 - 300 would be above average and over 1000 would be "Master poster" or something.
TBH I never really understood all the fuss about the post count - it most of the time tells absolutely nothing about anything really. For example, look at Maciej1's post count, it's next to 0, but he is one of the most popular and awarded trackmakers on the forum. :2c:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

egamad wrote:
Alex wrote:What about a small icon below the avatar that shows a post rank? So for example 0 posts would be something like "Downloader" 1 - 50 posts would be a low post rank, 50 -100 posts would be average, 100 - 300 would be above average and over 1000 would be "Master poster" or something.
TBH I never really understood all the fuss about the post count - it most of the time tells absolutely nothing about anything really. For example, look at Maciej1's post count, it's next to 0, but he is one of the most popular and awarded trackmakers on the forum. :2c:
I think so too, the important thing is not the post count, is the work at all that you do here,
I have a lot of post too and i'm not good at anything :ashamed:
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

A better graphic would be CoM/ToM podiums and wins, but again, its not necessary.

BTW, is this the best thread to discuss in? xD
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Technically we can have just one rank system (unless we'll somehow find a way, how to double it in the forum engine). So if we use that one by a way, which we do, we cannot have 2nd one with these posting classes. Out of that I agree with egamad and maxi17.

And Luke is totally right: :backtt:.