Moderator: Alonsomania

akeemwhite

Re: Gran Turismo GR version 7.1.0.1

Post by akeemwhite »

i guess that's better than nothing :shy:
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Lukeno94 wrote:Note that "planned for" is not the same as "will be" ;)
I can't plan anyway :P
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

I have a question:
Does this application is 100% safe?
I have an old computer. Recently I changed hard drive in my computer.
When I opened "Launch Web Service" my computer began to hum.
Everything was fine, but i'm afraid that the GTGR will crash my new hard drive...
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Brix wrote:I have a question:
Does this application is 100% safe?
I have an old computer. Recently I changed hard drive in my computer.
When I opened "Launch Web Service" my computer began to hum.
Everything was fine, but i'm afraid that the GTGR will crash my new hard drive...
Well, in theory software can never be 100% safe, but I really doubt its the case.

What could have happened is that your drive is not correctly placed (maybe missing a few screws? I doubt it, but i've seen weirder things happen), or your CPU is stressed by launching the service (doubt it again, but hey, its an old PC), your fan kicks in (maybe damaged or very dusty)?
JanTTuX

Post by JanTTuX »

The game is amazing but easy to cheat like use cheat engine to get more money and if it has got online u can hack ur car speed O.o
SammieVL

GTGR and GR 1.10

Post by SammieVL »

Will the GTGR also work with GR 1.10?

I dont know!

(having a feeling that it is gonna get moved to the GR 1.10 discussion thread)
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hmmm, what happened to this update that you said would be released on 6th January?
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

There are a couple of fundamental flaws which I will need to fix before it has any point in adding new content plus I don't really have much time to spend on fixing everything.

GR 1.10 'support' is being worked on.
teppo

Post by teppo »

i cant get it working :( i opened it whit winrar but when i click launch generally it says there is no trail to generally.exe.
Alex

Post by Alex »

teppo wrote:i cant get it working :( i opened it whit winrar but when i click launch generally it says there is no trail to generally.exe.
:doh: Read the readme. You have to put the files on the C drive. Then to get it working, you have to launch Web Service first, then GTGR, then Generally whenever you need to do a race or driving test.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
teppo

Post by teppo »

Alex wrote:
teppo wrote:i cant get it working :( i opened it whit winrar but when i click launch generally it says there is no trail to generally.exe.
:doh: Read the readme. You have to put the files on the C drive. Then to get it working, you have to launch Web Service first, then GTGR, then Generally whenever you need to do a race or driving test.
ok silly me :headbang:
numanair

Post by numanair »

For those without WinRar, 7-zip is a good freeware alternative. It might be good to point people to this when using a .rar.
Vilkku

Post by Vilkku »

Any news with the update? :shrug:

EDIT 22.03: I know you said one month ago that support for 1.10 is "being worked on", but is it for next update or for versions later coming out? I really would like to know do we ever get that update. :vsad:

I really enjoyed this short Demo version 7.1.0.1, but waiting for next update is kinda too long. I know you may have better things to do but still...(is it just me?). :really:

Thank you!

Now I just have to wait :kickcan:.
My signature was too long.
akeemwhite

Post by akeemwhite »

no, its not just you,i also have bin wandering about this. :vsad:
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

It's long, but I know the result will be awesome! :yummy:
Sorry for my bad English.
akeemwhite

Post by akeemwhite »

i really hope so :roll:
Pasketi

Post by Pasketi »

:wow:

I still remember playing Generally on my crappy computer... about 6-7 years ago with my friends... We didn't lack online multiplayer, because none of us had internet. World didn't even know what runescape was back then...

:compko:

Generally seemed to be dead for a while... It great the game is being worked on yet again after these years. This Gran Turismo addon... Might not be "Retro" like downloading tracks from the database and calling your friend "You wanna come play Generally? I got the new A-Master's track. It's awesome!" (Back then A-Master was the best track-creator I knew. Shame he's not doing tracks anymore :( ).

After Generally get's buffed up and a working multiplayer, support for over 6 drivers (Only on longer tracks, somehow specified) and support for track-records longer than one minute, this addon will get SO much potential.

I can't say anything about the program itself, because it does not work on the computer I tried it on, but as fast as I get it working, I'll let you know :bg:

Regards,
Pasketi :gr:
Never let GeneRally die!
Alex

Post by Alex »

pasketi wrote:

(Back then A-Master was the best track-creator I knew. Shame he's not doing tracks anymore :( ).
Sorry to correct, but he has started making tracks again under the name of ACM. His newest track, called Lombon, won 1st prize in ToM January/February 2011.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
Kovalainen

Post by Kovalainen »

how i can play?? when i click generally there comes this: Generally stopped :headbang: or something (i'm finnish) how i can fix it?
Things happen that way :O
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Alex wrote:
pasketi wrote:

(Back then A-Master was the best track-creator I knew. Shame he's not doing tracks anymore :( ).
Sorry to correct, but he has started making tracks again under the name of ACM. His newest track, called Lombon, won 1st prize in ToM January/February 2011.
Not only this but it also was considered the ToY favourite.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

You can't consider a track a ToY favourite this early Manzur... can we return on topic please?
Alex

Post by Alex »

It's not my nature to complain, but is there ANY update on this? You promised the first update on January 6, now it's 3 and a half months later and not a word or screenshot has come out. Of course V1.10 has come out, but compatibility issues shouldn't take this long. If you can't make it work atm, couldn't you say that we won't expect an update in the next few months or something? Then all this tension would go down and we won't have to keep asking.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

I did fix a whole bunch of issues, but there's no point in uploading or releasing what i've done as some core aspects are simply broken :shrug:

It's impossible to say when or if an update is coming. As long as the basics are not right and I'm not happy with how things are there is no point to spend hours getting everything ready.
There are a couple of key issues to get things done as they should be, to create a base that is worth spending time on to add new cars, tracks, events. As long as those basics aren't right, there is no point in continuing.
Yusei Fudo

Post by Yusei Fudo »

uhmm, I downloaded this, and unzipped it to C, then I opened the Web Service, but when I open the game, it says: "Couldn't read override.ini"

what should I do? :)
Trigger Happy wrote:Better to see worse but truly yours than false. :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Ask in support not here. ;) There may be even solution for this, I don't remember all the issues, which were sorted out there. :shrug: