All you need to know about the project.

Moderator: Alonsomania

Alonsomania

Gran Turismo GR 2

Post by Alonsomania »

DuklaLiberec

Re: Gran Turismo GR 2

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Good to know that there is massive progress! :D :bg: I can't wait for more pics and keep it up, m8! :clap:
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

Looks absolutely great!
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Great!! Gran Turismo UI + Forza's PI System :D
BTW, do you have the full image of the Career button? it looks awesome :yummy:

EDIT: Nevermind... already found the photo :bsmile:
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

bduddy

Post by bduddy »

So... can we post feedback here? If not, too bad, I'm doing it anyway! >_>
In random order...

-In some of the events, the drivers are generic... Player 18, Player 19, etc...
-Rewards for winning events are very small... also remember that in real Gran Turismo games, there are reward cars for almost every championship
-Cars are so expensive! A Honda N360 or Subaro 360 is 30K+?!
-No length listed for the Karting Challenge, and once after a series the "old" drivers were not removed from a game
-Is I. Taniguchi supposed to have an AI value of 0?
I like short, simple signatures!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Woah a new update! This game is gonna be what Gran Turismo 2 was to the original Gran Turismo.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

It is great, I hope that you will update the content so we can race more :).
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Mad Dan wrote:It is great, I hope that you will update the content so we can race more :).
First priority is fixing the current issues and adding more cars :) There's really no point in adding random events if no car is allowed to actually enter in. Once there's a whole load of cars it is pretty much a two second job to add new events.
bduddy wrote:So... can we post feedback here? If not, too bad, I'm doing it anyway! >_>
In random order...

-In some of the events, the drivers are generic... Player 18, Player 19, etc...
-Rewards for winning events are very small... also remember that in real Gran Turismo games, there are reward cars for almost every championship
-Cars are so expensive! A Honda N360 or Subaro 360 is 30K+?!
-No length listed for the Karting Challenge, and once after a series the "old" drivers were not removed from a game
-Is I. Taniguchi supposed to have an AI value of 0?
- Placeholders. 'Proper' AI drivers are due in the next update.
- Cars will be awarded for winning championships, just not for the first few. Better events will win you more money and will give you a prize car.
- I looked at their prices in Gran Turismo, I assume they are this expensive since they have become 'rare'. I'll look into this.
- This is something I am award of. I don't really know what is causing it (the 'file cleaner' should clean everything up, but apparantly doesn't.)
- Yes, he is part of the first batch of events. Might raise it if it causes many issues.

Keep the suggestions/improvements coming :) I can't fix something if I don't know it is broken.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Suzuka West and East races are impossible to complete since they're too zoomed in for 4:3/5:4 displays.
Same with Yas Marina short courses. Silverstone National is pretty bad, too.

-- Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:57 pm --
bduddy wrote: -Is I. Taniguchi supposed to have an AI value of 0?
Itsuki Taniguchi is supposed to be the butt monkey of the AI drivers, so yes.

He's meant to be easy for nearly any racer to beat.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

When i went back from input screen of results, the track and drivers weren't deleted from the game
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

How the hell is the Maserati MC12 eligible for the B-ZERO Trophy Race!?

Just got trolled by an AI using it today.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I found an MC12 in the Citroen cup myself. Also, the cheaper Copen can't be used in the Copen Cup - what on earth?
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Lukeno94 wrote:I found an MC12 in the Citroen cup myself. Also, the cheaper Copen can't be used in the Copen Cup - what on earth?
Both are actually silly typos in the system that checks car eliglibility, will get that fixed in the next update.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Brix wrote:When i went back from input screen of results, the track and drivers weren't deleted from the game
I had the same problem, I did a challenge, and exited GR when that was complete. When I went to do a different event, a couple of the cars and drivers had not been removed from the game. I have done a few other events, and those same cars still have not been removed. I haven't had that problem with any others, just those two.

I also think some of the cars are too expensive. 38,000 for the Subaru 360? Especially when you need it for an early series? What the heck :blackfg: I agree with whoever said there should be prize cars, they have it in the real GT. Also, are there supposed to be awards for the challenges? I've only comleted the first one, and was a little disappointed that there was no prize. Other than my prior gripes, I'm pretty impressed with it, it's a very good concept. Are there plans to have a free race mode, where you pick any track and any car from the GTGR game?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

puttz wrote:
Brix wrote:When i went back from input screen of results, the track and drivers weren't deleted from the game
I had the same problem, I did a challenge, and exited GR when that was complete. When I went to do a different event, a couple of the cars and drivers had not been removed from the game. I have done a few other events, and those same cars still have not been removed. I haven't had that problem with any others, just those two.

I also think some of the cars are too expensive. 38,000 for the Subaru 360? Especially when you need it for an early series? What the heck :blackfg: I agree with whoever said there should be prize cars, they have it in the real GT. Also, are there supposed to be awards for the challenges? I've only comleted the first one, and was a little disappointed that there was no prize. Other than my prior gripes, I'm pretty impressed with it, it's a very good concept. Are there plans to have a free race mode, where you pick any track and any car from the GTGR game?
Once you finish an event, it will collect all the files are remove them. If you use the go back button (which I've removed for now) it won't clean up the files and no longer knows which AI, cars and tracks have been used (so those files won't be cleaned up). You'll have to do that manually.

The first challenge is just an introduction to racing (like in many other games) and shouldn't award you a prize or a car. You just picked your starter car too, for free.
Prize cars are implemented and work fine, there is just not a prize car for every early event :)
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

I installed GTGR again. I never used "Back" button in input screen of results.
I tried to start Copen Championship with Daihatsu Copen Roadster 1.3 16V DVVT (2006), and it said,
that this car isn't eliglible for this championship. So I used "Return" button, and it bugged my game like previously.
Tracks don't remove itself, and drivers don't appear for some races (but i've never deleted them).

And there should be written eligible, not eliglible.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

A few more notes:

The Sixth Gear Power Lap does not work - does not load any cars into the game, and at the end, it moves your driver file out of the drivers folder into the drivers_files - which is not copied back when you start a different championship.
The VW Samba bus challenge is impossible - the opponents are WAY too fast for even a pro driver to beat them.
The Racing Kart 125 Challenge has a logo for 150cc karts, and does not load any AI cars.
6 AI cars are available for the Lightweight Trophy (cars, not drivers). Motegi West is totally unsuitable for this championship.
Lotus Europa erroneously appears as "Europe" in GeneRally.
There aren't very many, if any, road cars available at present for the 1980s Japanese car championship.
The SDR Stockcar championship needs more ovals, just having lots of Motegi Ovals is rather boring, also, why are two of the weakest AI in the game in this level 30 championship?
The RD-13 championship does not load any AI cars (loads the drivers, the car file is empty).

Yes, I've sped through and cheated to test everything this far, but it's far from the finalized product and I can easily re-install it and start again. xD
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Any more issues (aside of those already mentioned)? Before I start on adding content I rather fix all those little gameplay issues.
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Alonsomania wrote:Any more issues (aside of those already mentioned)? Before I start on adding content I rather fix all those little gameplay issues.
The second challenge on the list is always locked, even though I've already reached Level 3 and won the first challenge.
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

I have 2nd challenge, but when i click 4th challenge (Mt Hotaka Touge - Easy), nothing happens.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I've been able to compete in the first 3 challenges. The fact that there are none beyond that is a known issue. ;)
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

- RLM Le Mans sometimes appear as 7th AI car.
- What (normal) Wilson RLM is doing in Inline 4 Showcase Championship?