Gran Turismo GR 2 Pre-Alpha 1

All you need to know about the project.

Moderator: Alonsomania

Alonsomania

Gran Turismo GR 2 Pre-Alpha 1

Post by Alonsomania »

To prevent me spending a lot of time into something that never works out, here is the first pre-alpha release of Gran Tursimo GR 2. Next pre-alpha release will let you simulate races but not yet actually do the racing in GR. This version is without game content! This version is just a 'system check', to make sure everything works.

FUNCTIONALITY
- Create save game. Upon next restart save will be loaded.
- Pick a starter car.
- View dealerships.
- Purchase car.
- View driver profile

KNOWN ISSUES
- No game content available (so you can't play!).
- Not every car has all the required info. Some pictures or logos may not appear.
- Car Creator is not yet implemented.
- In your garage, your already owned car has the option 'Purchase car'. Do not click, will not work and results in an unavailable page error.

INSTALLATION GUIDE
- Download archive.
- Extract to C:\, good chance it will not work in any other location.
- Allow your firewall to make an exception for Apache and MySQL. These are critical services!
- Launch the Web Server first, then launch Gran Turismo GR 2

Report any problems, issues and oddities in this thread. Give an as clear as possible description of what has gone wrong.
Keep in mind that the first time you'll start up the add-on, some pictures may not appear instantly. Once they appear, they are cached and should appear immediately next time.

Not every function I'd like to include is fully working or implemented yet. Some functions may not seem clear, this will be cleared up at a later date. Primary reason for this release is to make sure it works and to get as much as input from players as possible.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Gran Turismo GR 2 Pre-Alpha 1

Post by Trigger Happy »

Everything seems to be working well and smoothly. Only trouble I had with my firewall, had to deactivate it completely - when popup appeared in various moment of launching the GTgr, even after giving ad-hoc permissions to the software it stuck and had to restart the game.

BTW very nice and logical menus, much better than 1st version.

:hattip:
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

I am somewhat annoyed that when I quit the program, the other associated processes keep running... is there any way to avoid that?
I like short, simple signatures!
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

bduddy wrote:I am somewhat annoyed that when I quit the program, the other associated processes keep running... is there any way to avoid that?
I doubt that is possible, it might be possible in an other way but that will cause the virus scan tools to freak out, if it works at all.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I didn't observe anything like that - closed GTgr, stopped and switched off the Apache and it was OK. :shrug: