View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
 GeneRally Database 

Post GeneRally Database
Hello guys ! :)

I'm currently working on a GeneRally Database.

Why ?

Seeing all those personnal and official websites crashing little by little, I was very sad to lose all this historical GR creations, and wanted to save them as much as possible, browsing every GR website still online to keep it in a Database, which will be available to anyone who wants to have the pleasure to retrieve his old tracks, or to discover them.

What ?

All GR-related ; tracks, cars, palettes, tools, tutorials, etc, etc. Thanks to people like Crono, Egamad and Tuomoh (and many others as well), I was able to retrieve the maximum of GR history. Of course, credits will be given in a readme, to all who contributed to make this project possible.

What's the current state ?

WIP (Work In Progress) but lot of works have already been made. The biggest part is the track section. Sorting tracks from 2 whole decades is not easy nor quick, but from 2019 to 2004, all tracks are sorted (it may have some unknown trackmakers, and one I may forget on the years 2009-2019, but it's pretty complete at the moment).
2002 and 2003 are on the way, and it's the biggest part.

When ?

When I'll finish to sort 2002 and 2003 trackpacks, I will upload it and share the link with you by PM or E-mail, since the rules of GRIF's forum don't allow me to post the link here.

Of course, there are always some work on it ; sorting unknown folders, download the remaining tracks, cars and misc from the web, and so on. Have to make a screenshot for all cars and tracks... but I want to share it with you as soon as possible, for you to enjoy, but also if you want, to help me.

Want some help ?

First thanks if you want so ! :bsmile: With the Database, there will be a 'To do list', with all the work which remains to polish the GeneRally Database. It's only if you want. Also if you're a track or car maker and see a mistake, or want to help to recognise some of your tracks, we will be very pleased as your help will be precious.

For the moment, you only have to wait a little. ;)

When it's finished I will tell you on this thread. :goodvibes:

Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:53 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: GeneRally Database
Show me your "to do list" and if it's something easy to do, I may help.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:04 am
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW

Check your PM. ;)

Thanks again to offer your help FRUKIScze ! :hug:

Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Hello everyone, here's some news :

2003 is completely sorted and 2002 is on the way. I'm at the letter B and more than 1900 tracks remaining... I got a little fed up by all those tracks, there's sooooo much ! :faintgirl: :lol:

But it's the last big straight and the finish line is clearly visible. :rally:

I created the track section already, with all ToM, ToY, PoY, Mini Remix, JETP, JTE, updates of original GR tracks, Rabina brothers tracks also, not the official ones, etc etc...

It will be completed when my sorting task will be finished.

More on the way, see you ! :squid:

Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:01 am
Profile E-mail

Surely that's something very big and helpful :boat: ...looking forward for updates! :read:

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Where can we find this database?

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 am
Profile E-mail

Check your PM please. ;)

For news, here's what's done so far on the sorting task for 2002 :
A, B, C, D, E, Q, U, V, W, X, Y, Z tracks are done sorting. The others are on the way.

It will be worth the waiting since I got more than 1200 trackmakers on my folders and lot of trackmakers which we can't find anymore on the web ready to be uploaded.

Let's continue my little work... :goodvibes:

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:55 am
Profile E-mail

The track sorting task is finally finished ! ... (Me after all this sorting task-> :stretcher: ) :lol:

So if you already have the link to the Database you may check it again, as I also updated the cars section as well.

And if you don't have it yet, what are you waiting for ?!? :P

Please PM me and I will give it to you. ;)

I dedicated a lot of time and effort in it, but it may happen that some tracks are not in the right folder, not dedicated to the right author, or any other mistakes. So please excuse me by advance if it happens to you personnally as an author or anyone else. If it's the case, please tell me.

Also I want to excuse me in advance if you're not in the Database ; it's not like I don't want you in the Database ever. I was not one-sided in my sorting task, apart for sexual content that I deleted immediately (I don't think it may be included in the GR history ever and I don't think that you really want to see horrible pixelised colorless semi-nude womens or ugly penis, apart if you have some taste toward those things, if it's the case I don't want to meet you :talkth: ). I just didn't downloaded your work yet. It may be more understandable by the amount of work already provided in this task, and I hope you will understand better. If you want to be in, please make a package of all you have done, send it to me and I will add you to the Database. Simple. :)

Now you will excuse me again, I want to take a break... Need... a... break ! :hcammpers:

And of course the most important thing...

Enjoy !!! :yipee:

Last edited by Kikwik on Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Starting uploading my bucket load of tracks onto my google drive, yet to sort 'm though. End result should be roughly 2450 tracks, have yet to kick some unfinished stuff out though...

Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:04 am
Profile E-mail

Hello Txizzle,

It's been more than a week now, what's the progress of uploading your trackpack ?

I'm not in a hurry don't worry, only wanted some news from you and I'm curious of what you have. :sweatdrop:

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:16 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.