GeneRally palettes archive - grpal.vze.com

Miscellaneous worthy stuff, which will make your GR experience even more special.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

GeneRally palettes archive - grpal.vze.com

Post by LongBow »

Today I present to you the GeneRally palettes archive

A place where you can upload and download GR palettes and find various info on how to use and create them by yourself.

I wanted to do this for years but never actually found enough free time and motivation to make it. Well, now I have the time and the motivation is coming (sadly) from RSC »breakdown« Since we lost (at least for now) all the GR stuff that was uploaded to RSC I was thinking that having independent databases for any gr stuff would be great. I decided to make one for the palettes for three reasons:

- I have no coding skills for any serious database (for tracks, cars,…) :kickcan:
- I don't have much server disk space but enough to host all the palettes ever created for GR :flip:
- I would like to promote the use of palettes because I believe that can be put in very good use. They can create some very specific atmospheres which can be used also in various competitions, making them even more interesting :rainbow:

So…now its really up to you to make it work. Since there are only a few palettes uploaded to the site at the moment, I invite everyone who ever created any palette for GR to submit it to the site. You can also submit any other palettes in the original zip as long as they have a readme file with clear distributing permissions.

If you have any ideas or suggestion how to change/improve the GeneRally palettes archive please let me know. Use this thread or contact me by email or PM.

Of course any other comments are very welcome :wave:
Quklis

Re: GeneRally palettes archive - grpal.vze.com

Post by Quklis »

Cool.pal
Buka

Post by Buka »

This is awesome thing! Great job, Longbow, I hope we'll have a lot of new palettes there.
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Great job Longbow!

Looks great when moving the cursor over the picture on the site, changing the "palette".

I sent you a few palettes (readme's included).
Sadly the most of the palettes I've stored, don't have any readme at all!

People who made any palette, please upload 'em to Longbow's site!!
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

The lost Ninja wrote:Looks great when moving the cursor over the picture on the site, changing the "palette".
Yes, I thought it would be cool to have a "palette changer" menu :cool2:

BTW, thanks for the palettes. We now have 3 palettes more!

@ Quklis: Thanks.pal

...thanks for the sticky :drink:

Any other thoughts, ideas,...?
Raska

Post by Raska »

As I said to you about the beta version... that's an excellent work ! :bg:

Now that you've a thread, I guess you could ask for help about the translations we talked.. and btw no problem with the green lines on firefox. :mrgreen:
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Raska wrote:Now that you've a thread, I guess you could ask for help about the translations we talked..
I'm still thinking what to do with the translation thing. I have tried to include the google translation tool on the website but after translating to a language of choice it screw up the site design. Besides some translation is just absurd. Ill test some more when I get some more time.

BTW, 2 palettes more thanks to Garbre :drink:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Garbre's Palettes are great!
The green grass is my standard palette since he released it, the only flaw is the green "blood", when (accidentally) driving into the pit-crew! :D

But the realistic feeling of the colors more than make up for that! :bg:

Longbow, great job you're doing on the pictures, nice idea to split 'em in two parts, to compare the palettes with the standard one! :up:

EDIT: Just tested your LB-Rain palette for the first time, the track drying effect works great.
Do you know which tracks make use of this feature?
I know I saw some of the tracks I have in two versions, tarmac/sand, but I couldn't find 'em in my tracks-folder (over 5000 files :oops: ).
Could you please send me some/all of the tracks made for this wet-track-drying feature?
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

The lost Ninja wrote:Garbre's Palettes are great!
The green grass is my standard palette since he released it, the only flaw is the green "blood", when (accidentally) driving into the pit-crew! :D
hmmm.....visitors from space....aliens :ugeek:
The lost Ninja wrote:Longbow, great job you're doing on the pictures, nice idea to split 'em in two parts, to compare the palettes with the standard one! :up:
Well, at the beginning I wanted to make picture (of both default and custom pal) of the entire track and than combine them together but than I realize that splitting in two the track would be better which also results in a smaller file size.
The lost Ninja wrote:EDIT: Just tested your LB-Rain palette for the first time, the track drying effect works great.
Do you know which tracks make use of this feature?
I know I saw some of the tracks I have in two versions, tarmac/sand, but I couldn't find 'em in my tracks-folder (over 5000 files :oops: ).
Could you please send me some/all of the tracks made for this wet-track-drying feature?
I think I still have them somewhere on my HD. The tracks were used for MotoGP season 2......
I will search for them tomorrow and pack them together. Ill write more info on how to properly use my palette in the mail :)

BTW...thanks to Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel we now have 3 (4) more palettes on the site :flip:
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Amazing Idea Mate :bg: ! I could see my palettes in there too :D.

Wow, maybe I should make more palettes, but I need some ideas....
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

About the rain palette: Actually, I think you just need to put gravel beside tarmac, isn't it?
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Rendy wrote:Amazing Idea Mate :bg: ! I could see my palettes in there too :D.

Well, maybe you could do a four season palettes pack ;) Only three to go... :mrgreen:
The Great Falcon wrote:About the rain palette: Actually, I think you just need to put gravel beside tarmac, isn't it?
If you are referring to my rain palette than you need to replace tarmac with only one (specific) color of gravel. See the test track inside the palette.zip.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

LongBow wrote:
Rendy wrote:Amazing Idea Mate :bg: ! I could see my palettes in there too :D.

Well, maybe you could do a four season palettes pack ;) Only three to go... :mrgreen:

Wasn't someone made Winter Season palette? Plus, I will do research for Spring and Summer environments
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Rendy wrote:Wasn't someone made Winter Season palette? Plus, I will do research for Spring and Summer environments
Well, I know Garbre made a winter palette....you can find it on the site

BTW thanks to Fr4nk we have now a couple of palettes more in our archive. All together 18.pal :banana:
ianfreddie07

Post by ianfreddie07 »

Apologies for the bump, but does anyone have...

"Hay, Grass, and Soft Wall Palettes

by Kardum31

Description: Haybales are changed to a more natural brown, grass is slightly darkened, and soft wall colors are changed from red to black/dark grey. Available as 3 separate palette downloads, or 1 combined palette."
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

ianfreddie07 wrote:Apologies for the bump, but does anyone have...

"Hay, Grass, and Soft Wall Palettes

by Kardum31

Description: Haybales are changed to a more natural brown, grass is slightly darkened, and soft wall colors are changed from red to black/dark grey. Available as 3 separate palette downloads, or 1 combined palette."
Email sent just now. I found 4 palettes by Kardum31, I hope they are the right ones :)
ianfreddie07

Post by ianfreddie07 »

Email sent just now. I found 4 palettes by Kardum31, I hope they are the right ones :)
Yes, these are the ones I'm looking for. Thanks! Although I do wish we had permission to upload this to the GR Palettes site. :)
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

ianfreddie07 wrote:Yes, these are the ones I'm looking for. Thanks! Although I do wish we had permission to upload this to the GR Palettes site. :)
If only the old RSC forum would be up I could verify reuploading permissions of all released palettes....or at least if I could get in contact with their authors....if I had their emails :scratch:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

There seems to be a problem with the server - server not found. I hope this is a happening only momentarily. Anyone else having trouble accessing the site?

EDIT: Came and went.:P
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I confirm. It works now fast and without trouble. :bg:
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

As of today the generally palettes archive is currently unavailable (my personal website as well) due to some domain problem of my internet provider :mad:
Hopefully they should fix it soon, otherwise I shall take action myself to bring the pages back online.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

What's the problem? for me it works just as normal. :shrug:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Same for me, it seems your host took care of the problem.
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

XYY wrote:What's the problem? for me it works just as normal. :shrug:
Are you sure :really: I still get the same message when visiting the site:
volja.gif
volja.gif (2.87 KiB) Viewed 12294 times
Maybe the site is loaded from your browser chache. Try refresing the site and tell me if it still works

The problem for me is still there as I also had problems with my email account (which I now fixed) so I don't understand how the site can work fine for you.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

LongBow wrote:Are you sure :really: I still get the same message when visiting the site.
Same for me. :shrug: