GeneRally Career 2 [excel]

Miscellaneous worthy stuff, which will make your GR experience even more special.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

GeneRally Career 2 [excel]

Post by Bouncebackability »

This requires Microsoft Excel to run

Hi Everyone,

I figured it best to just use the same topic as its still the same basic 'tool'. Finally, after being at 90% for months, and having tested and tested in recent weeks, I think the 2nd version of the GeneRally Career is ready for release.

Following the release of the first version I created at the start of the year, the feedback indicated you wanted more flexibility for customisation. So I went away, and starting with just the basic concept started essentially from scratch.

When I reviewed the first version, one of the key areas that hindered the customisation was the tier system I had used, with the option of starting in one of the 5 classes. This also meant a perhaps unrealistic tier system, how many have got to F1 through NASCAR?

Gone is the pyramid format, and now we I've used a linear 10 class progression. I've reworked the XP, simplified the race information areas (I hope) and developed a fully customisable career with an easy method of refreshing it each year.

To do this I've created a few 'presets' which I plan on adding to as and when needed. But I also invite you all to create your own presets and share them here with others. :trampo:

Hopefully GeneRally 2 will be out for release in the not too distant future, at which point I will revisit GRC version 3.

Once again the combined documents are too large for the forum, so I've uploaded them onto my skydrive. Any problems, just drop me a message

Download GeneRally Career 2

Download GeneRally

Many thanks, please give feedback, and I hope you enjoy using it.

Bouncebackability

GeneRally Career 1 -
This requires Microsoft Excel to run I know nothing about programming and can use excel at work so that is why it uses this.
Hi All,

During a few boring days at work, I've been working on a Career mode document, its taken a while, and a big redesign, but I'm pretty sure its ready now.

There are 21 categories, each of which can be customised, as can the tracks. By getting good race results, you earn XP to unlock higher categories. Each race result needs to be entered, but can be done at the end of your season (A print sheet can be printed onto 2 sides of A4 to assist in setting up the seasons).

All results are tracked and statistics are kept as well as those of your competitors. Driver files are included although unfortunately these cannot be edited in the Excel document. An option file is also included, but not essential as the setting I recommend can be found in the document.

A full explanation can be found on the 'About' page, I strongly suggest you read this first.

Feel free to take a look. Hopefully you will find this fairly easy to use, relatively self-explanatory, and error free. But if there are any issues, don't hesitate to let me know!

There are two versions available, one made up of real life classes and tracks, another using cars and tracks from the monthly CoM & ToM elections!

Unfortunately they are large in file size, so I have uploaded them to my SkyDrive, which will hopefully work as an alternative. Also I recommend to install a fresh version of GR so as to not ruin your current game!

RWL version
ToM version

Download GeneRally

Many thanks, and I hope you enjoy using it.

Bouncebackability

edit 05/02/2013 - fixed a small error with a track layout reference
Attachments
GeneRally Career 2.jpg
Last edited by Bouncebackability on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
puttz

Re: GeneRally Career [excel]

Post by puttz »

Nice :bg: I tried to make something like this before, but it was an epic fail :P Sky Drive download appears to be okay, I'll try it now! It's nice to have a purpose to race, rather than just running random races or series.

Edit: It would be nice to be able to edit the drivers, but I suppose I can't really complain too much about that. Perhaps you could do something like you do for the player driver? And is there a way to choose which tracks are used in which championship (other than swapping track names around in the tracks page)?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Ah no, I'm afraid that's the only other limitation. You can't change the number of rounds or which track on the list makes up the rounds. I looked into it but could find a way, not to say it's impossible however :misch:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Looks promising, don't have time to check it now. :up:

I'm just wondering whether this is a tool or more like a mod, in which case it should be in the main game addons section? :scratch:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Would be cool if this could be made into something kind of like GTGR. :bg: Except more customizable, and you don't have to buy cars or anything.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Thanks for the comments!

Anybody started using it yet? Any issues, other improvements perhaps. Are the levels too easy or too hard? How far have you progressed?

If I come up with another system for track selection and other details I will perhaps make another version someday
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

AFAIK if you're thinking on this Moscow, then this track has not been made. There's actually a second one created by DRV, but for disambiguation I'd rather name that as Myachkovo. ;)

but I think that's just me with nicking little details... :mrgreen:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Not sure I fully understand as the track can be found here
Last edited by Bouncebackability on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Bouncebackability wrote:Not sure I fully understand as the track can be found here
Oops, my bad, looks like I've missed this track in G-Tracks... :mrgreen:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

How to incoorporate this with my GeneRally?
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Open it, modify the list of tracks to match those on your game. Change the list of classes to match the cars you have in your game.

Pick one of the level 1 categories and then race the tracks with the right car against the right drivers. Take screenshots of each race result and manually enter the race results. Then see if you acquired enough xp to unlock the level 2 classes and so on...
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

OK. I've had an idea for GTGR styled game with the TOCA series taste. But now I have to find some suitable cars and tracks.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Any further opinions? Even though I thought it was fairly editable, it doesnt seem to be editable enough, and I may look into a new way to select tracks/rounds, but perhaps removing the 'random' start order as a result. Does anyone actually use that?
puttz

Post by puttz »

I think all the aspects should be editable if that is possible: tracks, classes, schedules, driver names, and AI levels. I am not doing very well because I am a terrible driver and the AI levels are too high for me on most tracks, I usually get smashed even on easy :( Otherwise I think it is very well done, a good first concept :bg: Also, it would be nice to know how many XP you need to reach each level.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

+1 to puttz' ideas in the above post. Actually, in my case, I find that I have to turn up the AI to Hard level in most of the Level 1 and 2 events.

But yes, very good, godlike even.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
puttz

Post by puttz »

Just found a bug. In round 8 of the last level 1 series, the layout cell is referencing the incorrect cell in the tracks sheet. It is referencing E76, it should be referencing E82 (as the track cell is referencing D82).
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Ah thanks, ill fix that later today
krustykrab

Post by krustykrab »

Whooooooooooooooooo!!!
That's great!
Better that GTGR(sorry Alonsomania)!
But I have one question.
It's easly and fully editable?
BOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

not really. There are some editable areas, but some other arent.

I am working on a new version which will be more editable.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

How's progress on this new version? I'm still interested...
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

I would say about 65%

Main change I've made, Tracks in each season are fully customisable.

Lots of formulas still to do involving levels, xp etc etc. I only work on it while its quiet at work, so someweeks theres no progress, others lots...
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

I have one idea how to make in to the next level. Maybe doing a generally gamepack with all tracks & cars. This will take much, much time, but the result will be awesome. (in my case, i hate, when I am driving a championship and before last race, i saw, that i don't have track on which is last race held and then going to GRIF and search for it.)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Well, I wouldn't be allowed to distribute other people's tracks and cars, so it would be a BBA career :D

I don't know how else to do this, as it will be so customisable I would never be able to consider what tracks people might want to use. You'll have to just plan ahead FRUKIScze!
krustykrab

Post by krustykrab »

Great!
Go and finish it!
I keep my fingers crossed for you!
BOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Keep your eyes peeled, I'm about to start testing the new version in earnest. Then just some finishing touches :taped: