GeneRally 2 - Kickstarter Launched

Where to discuss the official sequel. Developers blog, kickstarter, your experience with pre-alpha demo, ideas etc.
RacerBG

Re: GeneRally 2 - Kickstarter Launched

Post by RacerBG »

Crowella wrote:
puttz wrote:I disagree about the last two. I think it's fair for them to have premium tools for the backers or purchasers of the premium version. If those were all the same, what would be the incentive to pay for those who mostly like to create content? So do you think that everyone should be able to use Photoshop for free instead of some people using Paint so that everyone is equal?
This. Just because people worry about not having an advanced editor, doesn't mean there will be a quality difference between premium and basic editor tracks. May just mean a little more patience. :up:

I can't afford photoshop, hence I use GIMP. It's the same concept basically. I wouldn't worry too much. :sweatdrop:
If this is the case then I can agree. :bg:

But really, please make the car number equal for everyone!
Gentlemens, start your engines!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

I have another question, in regards to the competition tools that are mentioned on the KS page. I assume that these are, or at least include, tools to run traditional offline competitions, yes? In that case, how do they relate to non-paid users? Or let me put it another way - I think it is completely reasonable to have advanced competition tools in a paid version. But if free users cannot fully participate in these competitions, I fear that this will lead to a big split in the community, which is the last thing a small community like this needs.
I like short, simple signatures!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

If James and co. will develop compo tools on their own instead of relying on 3rd party (community members) and make them accessible to kickstarter backers (and e.g. those, who'll play equal later) doesn't mean people with free version cannot take a part in a compo. You can take a part in a GR compo now even if you'd never hear anything about Juan's tools, cannot you? They may make life easier, but don't call a imposed need of them to take a part. And same goes to making compos. Also there's nothing saying community members won't develop some own tools alternative to these in a time, look on trackmaking ATM, we have developers-made TE and e.g. SnakeDitor, HmapEditor.
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

bduddy wrote:I have another question, in regards to the competition tools that are mentioned on the KS page. I assume that these are, or at least include, tools to run traditional offline competitions, yes? In that case, how do they relate to non-paid users? Or let me put it another way - I think it is completely reasonable to have advanced competition tools in a paid version.
These are tools to make things easier for competition organisers (including a way to offer competition 'bundles' that will be loadable by either version of the game, but won't change a user's own settings or require any set-up on their part - click the bundle -> GR2 runs -> you can participate as needed). The feature-set on this isn't tied down, but we've got some nice ideas :) Of course, there'll be nothing stopping people from simply mailing around car files, track files and a list of settings to use - but this is intended as a quality-of-life feature ;)
I fear that this will lead to a big split in the community, which is the last thing a small community like this needs.
Daniel Rosenberger

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

There is a service called cash4web (mastercard).
My question is does this maybe work for backing a project at kickstarter?
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

LongBow wrote:
Black Rebel wrote:Masa, you could use PayPal to send these 12€ to someone you trust who has a credit card so he can get the copy for you and back up the project. Would that work? As far as I know PayPal doesn´t need a card as it can be used with a bank account.
Thats true, but not for all the countries as far as I know.
It seems that it is right. I asked it to several persons who are acquaintance yesterday. Nobody showed understanding in what I said. :shrug: hey masa, what's up?

But I'll see if the remittance is possible.. :worried: a lonely me in my country..

Edited: PayPal was able to be used even in Japan, but that isn't general.. Above all, I don't have a credit card.. :(
Buka

Post by Buka »

masa wrote:
LongBow wrote:
Black Rebel wrote:Masa, you could use PayPal to send these 12€ to someone you trust who has a credit card so he can get the copy for you and back up the project. Would that work? As far as I know PayPal doesn´t need a card as it can be used with a bank account.
It seems that it is right. I asked it to several persons who are acquaintance yesterday. Nobody showed understanding in what I said. :shrug: hey masa, what's up?

But I'll see if the remittance is possible.. :worried: a lonely me in my country..

Edited: PayPal was able to be used even in Japan, but that isn't general.. Above all, I don't have a credit card.. :(
There are ATMs in Ukraine which can be used to accept cash and send money to other people. Maybe you have something like that in your country.
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

masa wrote:
LongBow wrote:

Hi Masa,
I was able to find a pre-paid credit card service in Japan: http://vpc.lifecard.co.jp/

Maybe there are other, similar services. I don't speak Japanese, so there isn't much else I can do ;)
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

Buka and nielske, very thanks, I come into view ray of hope's light! And bduddy, Crowella, James, Black Rebel, FRUKIS and LingBow, thank you so much. I have understood your guys advices at last, I think.

I'll buy "VISA prepaid card", then try it tomorrow. :)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Ah yes, speaking of prepaid cards, I have to ask for one... Hopefully I could able to do it before the Kickstarter campaign ends
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Rendy wrote:Ah yes, speaking of prepaid cards, I have to ask for one... Hopefully I could able to do it before the Kickstarter campaign ends
A prepaid card is really the best solution here IMO. In my bank you can get it in around 4-5 business day.
Anyone can apply for one and starting from age of 15 you can do it yourself without the need of your parents permission. I guess its similar in other countries as well.
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Cmon guys do your pledge! More TRACK MASTERS, CAR MASTERS and MORE HELP to support the project. Encourage your friends and family to support GR2. :bg:
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

Do you have any plans that How much the game will cost (the paid version :) ) if the Kickstarter campaign will succes?
My Tracks & Cars
Tracks: Kakucsring, Rabocsiring ([rwl] Rallycross tracks)
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Pronounce my name like Smiley.
jefcam

Post by jefcam »

I' think it will be very difficult to reach the 20,000 Sterling target. I'm following kickstarter progress very hour. We're going very slow. We' not yet reached 1/4.

Did the survey show differently? From what I read in this forum/blog the projections were far better. What is happening? Who said that was going to contribute money was cheating? a lie...

Maybe people do not have visa?
puttz

Post by puttz »

We already knew that it was going to be a tough goal to reach, they even bumped it down from the original goal of £25,000 to the current goal.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Glen

Post by Glen »

I think that the first backer wave is over since 2 days.

You really should release the Press package for blog and forums to lets the second backer wave start.

They may be a thrid one if the project is near from the target
jefcam

Post by jefcam »

What do you mean Glen?
Glen

Post by Glen »

I have to get in touch with French Blogs and Forums. But I have to wait the official Press package from the dev's
Daniel Rosenberger

Daniel Rosenberger wrote:There is a service called cash4web (mastercard).
can anybody help with this question?
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Daniel Rosenberger wrote:
Daniel Rosenberger wrote:There is a service called cash4web (mastercard).
can anybody help with this question?
I have checked the website and I think it should work without problem :)

I guess it works like a prepaid virtual card.
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

I bought the prepaid card and supported it to the kickstarter. But my card payment ceiling is settlement rate GBP/JPY 179 pounds.

:coffee: economic newspaper..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

jefcam wrote:I' think it will be very difficult to reach the 20,000 Sterling target. I'm following kickstarter progress very hour. We're going very slow. We' not yet reached 1/4.
It's a very common trend for campaigns to level out to almost nothing in the middle two weeks (anything that doesn't get some kind of massive snowballing press interest, that is). Yes, the target will be difficult, but this isn't an 'unexpected' scenario for us and we're still hopeful :)
Did the survey show differently? From what I read in this forum/blog the projections were far better. What is happening? Who said that was going to contribute money was cheating? a lie...
Both surveys we did, independently, showed that ~500-600 people from the GR community would contribute a minimum of £10 - so we're definitely hopeful that we'll see a few more of those (as we're currently at 188 backers, about 60% of these from outside of the GR community directly).
Glen wrote:You really should release the Press package for blog and forums to lets the second backer wave start.
We've got an update to the build with some significant progress coming early this week - so we're waiting on that before we start on our press campaign in earnest ;) We're trying to ensure the demo is a little bit more performance-friendly, and that we have a few extra bits and bobs in there ready :) The importance of timing here is that many gaming publications aren't interested in campaigns that haven't made any progress and/or don't have a solid demo available - we want to be sure we're able to spark their interest :bg:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I guess some people like me still didn't manage to get themselves contributing yet so don't worry, not all interested people contributed yet :D...
Daniel Rosenberger

Thanks Longbow.

I will try next week
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

I feel like the way the project is presented is a bit underwhelming. The fact that only one track is showed in the video is, in my opinion, a very bad mistake. One of the best features of GR is being able to easily create a lot of content (tracks, cars etc.). Creating like 4-5 tracks doesn't take much time, and there's hundreds of people who would be really happy to help you with that (since you are probably very busy). If you showed a larger amount of content in the video people would be a lot more inclined to donate, especially those who don't know Generally. You could even show how easy trackmaking is, assuming you have a working trackeditor. I'm sorry, but the game footage that you showed plainly sucks, there's no "racing with friends or AI's" or "lots of content made by the community", it doesn't really reflect what Generally is about... it's just a single car going around the same boring track over and over. :(
Signatures are overrated