New GR2 Post!

Where to discuss the official sequel. Developers blog, kickstarter, your experience with pre-alpha demo, ideas etc.
StratosStan420

New GR2 Post!

Post by StratosStan420 »

https://gene-rally.com/update/2021/12/dev-day-2/
A nice Christmas update for all us GeneRally fans! Can't wait to see where this goes next
puttz

Re: New GR2 Post!

Post by puttz »

Too little too late, and that's really not much of an update at all. Much of the community will probably go to Circuit Superstars or GeneRacing or even stick with original GR to get their fix. And if they ever release it, I doubt it will get much of a following after the way things went down originally.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Glad they're alive but I echo puttz with the substance. Maybe I'm just getting too old and fussy about things.
View my archived circuits/cars here
Txizzle

Post by Txizzle »

Me on the other hand.....look forward to it! Even if other games will/are beyond a potential update, still can't wait for a next development concerning GR2. Keep it up. :)
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

I'm with Txizzle too, mostly curious about how it will turn out.

I wasn't impressed much by the summer pic, but the last one in winter is incredible (hope it's not heavily photoshopped :sweatdrop: ). I'm looking forward a more friendly track editor without using 4 or 5 different softwares to make something nice, and a car editor with more polies and I hope too, more easy to use and included in the base game this time. Eager to see how weather will be implemented along with day and night. And hoping it will be free or low priced at least.

It's kind of extraordinary that they keep going with the development of GR2 despite what all that happened in the past (and most of the time was disastrous). I would be the first one being discouraged and to say : "That's it. We give up. Let's do something else.". Instead they continue working on it, at snail pace sure but still, without being bothered by anything or anyone else. That's kind of dedication, even if we have something against them even for good reasons.

Curious to see and learn more about it. :)

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Nollan52

Post by Nollan52 »

Hello,

I hope there will be a new update as Christmas is coming.
My website on this page