View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:28 am



Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
 [stc] Misuya Street Circuit 
Author Message


Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:01 am
Posts: 3
Post [stc] Misuya Street Circuit
Hello everyone. Since this is my first post in here, I wanna apologize for wrong tags or mistakes related to posting comments. Also, this is pretty much my first track that I made since... dunno, early 2010's? So please - have mercy on my soul :D

The Misuya Street Circuit - a fictional race track, located in Tokyo, Japan. While the two main straights of the track are located on public roads, a great majority of the track goes through various access roads and parking areas of nearby office blocks. The only roads that were purposefully build for the track itself are located just after the short "tunnel" section under the bridge, and connect the public road that goes under the bridge with the start/finish line and the pit access. The track itself is used in 4 configurations:

Club - used in various local and amateur competitions
Short - used mostly in touring car championships
GP - used in high tier open wheel races
Long - used in sports car and endurance races

Behind the scenes:
- the track was mostly inspired by 2 race tracks from other video games: one being Shibuya from Dirt 2 and 3 (main straight and the "tunnel" being directly inspired by similar sections from Shibuya in Dirt 3), and the other one being South City from Live For Speed
- around 95% of the work was done in the base track editor. The other 5% consisted of small fixes of hmap using GRHMEdit by Mlynki (mostly fixes to the smoothening of the hmap)
- while I tried my best make sure the AI will try to navigate the track as smoothly as possible, there is still a chance that with some vehicles they will clip some barriers of the track or some objects like buildings. This also forced me to change, modify or straight up remove some parts of the original tracks design.

Nonetheless, I hope you will all have some fun with this track :)


Attachments:
misuyalong.jpg
misuyalong.jpg [ 171.2 KiB | Viewed 523 times ]
Misuya.rar [19.92 KiB]
Downloaded 22 times
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:32 am
Profile E-mail
User avatar

GeneRally Trackmaster

Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:04 pm
Posts: 2180
Post Re: [stc] Misuya Street Circuit
Nice to see new trackmakers here! :wave:

I think the GP layout is the most interesting one and it flows quite well, it's fun to drive. :) The AI seems quite alright but you're right in that it hits concrete sometimes (I used the original Formula).

I know it's your first try so the following things are for your next tracks. These all concern the way the track looks, more or less. There's now quite lot of tarmac so you might want to spice things up with more greenery, for instance. The people who are watching the race are now spread uniformly. Putting them more packed would make it look better. Or maybe they are conforming to the Covid distancing. :mrgreen: The soft wall is not the optimal choice to put everywhere for two reasons: it's got an annoying habit of "sucking" the driver in when one hits the wall. The other thing is that it's not the most beautiful wall type when used much. One more thing is that the finish line is placed so that when hotlapping, your first lap is the fastest one. :2c:

It's a good start and I really hope to see more tracks from you! :bg:

_________________
Since 2002 // #253-258 Evotown [tpk] [evo] [ral] [stc] new .. #252 Jumpville [stu] .. #251 Lyme Park [ral]
My GR site .. Track Editor Tutorial for GeneRally


Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:36 pm
Profile E-mail WWW


Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:01 am
Posts: 3
Post Re: [stc] Misuya Street Circuit
Thanks for the feedback :)

Definitelly will try to improve on this in the future. I also want to use other software than just the basic track editor to make new courses, to add in more detail to the track or the surroundings.
I already have few ideas for new tracks (and maybe even some car packs) - just need some time to make them :)


Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:53 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average. 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.