[cir] Xakeo '14

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
G86

[cir] Xakeo '14

Post by G86 »

Hi guys, this is my first track posted.
I used to play Generally and create tracks in past, but I stopped due to lack of time.
Recently, after discovering this forum I decided to contribute completing this track I created many years ago, making it playable and good looking.
I tried to develop the environment in the best way I could. I'm not a professionist track maker though, so any critics or request for modifies are well appreciated. :)

- BTW, special thanks to Darjo for his video tutorials on Youtube, they helped me a lot into dithering landmap! :bg: -

So, the layout of the tracks is developed for Formula or General, but it wouldn't be a big deal even if you play it with faster cars.
Then, I hope you like it and enjoy! :)

G86

- Xakeo '14 -
View angle: 50
Zoom: 100
World size: 150
Track length: 514
Attachments
Xakeo.jpg
Xakeo14.rar
(58.73 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Xakeo1.jpg
Xakeo3.jpg
Xakeo5.jpg
Last edited by G86 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reynaldo123

Re: [cir] Xakeo '14

Post by reynaldo123 »

a tip, f12 to take screenshots :bg:
"A lie is a lie. Just because they write it down and call it history doesn't make it the truth. We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened. We live in a world where everything you know is wrong."

-Alex Mason, CoD Black Ops
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

A very decent track you´ve got there.
Solid work, nothing really wrong with it. Nice Hmap, Lmap and object placement.
It´s only lacking something special...not sure what. Maybe you should try to rely a bit less on snake-editor.

4/5
G86

Post by G86 »

reynaldo123 wrote:a tip, f12 to take screenshots :bg:
Thank you very much! :bsmile: I always got black screenshots with classic method, but the solution was easy! Thank you again. :bg:
Scholl wrote: A very decent track you´ve got there.
Solid work, nothing really wrong with it. Nice Hmap, Lmap and object placement.
It´s only lacking something special...not sure what. Maybe you should try to rely a bit less on snake-editor.

4/5
Thank you! :)
I think it's lacking some composed objects. As written above I've never had skills into make creative landscape and landmap, so probably I just need experience (and time!) :)

About Snake Editor, I only created the layout of the track and pit placement, then I put the objects using GRHMEdit which gives a better accurate position of them.
What do you mean with "rely a bit less"?
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

:scratch: Maybe you can make the basic layout with snake editor.
But afterwards you could make some corners wider and some smaller,
change the style of cerbs, have something from the environment interfere with the track (service roads, airstrips, public roads...)

Not sure how to express what I mean, just give the track some more unique things and a certain "feeling" or atmosphere.
I´m sure you´ll get the hang of this over time. Just keep going. :bg:

PS: Don´t get me wrong, I seem very critical. Your track is already really good! It´s just little things that can be improved.
G86

Post by G86 »

Scholl wrote::scratch: Maybe you can make the basic layout with snake editor.
But afterwards you could make some corners wider and some smaller,
change the style of cerbs, have something from the environment interfere with the track (service roads, airstrips, public roads...)
Yeah, good tips. I'll keep them in mind! :bsmile:
Scholl wrote: Not sure how to express what I mean, just give the track some more unique things and a certain "feeling" or atmosphere.
Oh, this is a VERY good tip, but it's as good as difficult to apply. You need some sort of inspiration to do that. :meditate:
Scholl wrote: I´m sure you´ll get the hang of this over time. Just keep going. :bg:

PS: Don´t get me wrong, I seem very critical. Your track is already really good! It´s just little things that can be improved.
I actually requested critics since it's my first track finished, so I couldn't ask more for my future track's improvements! :cool2:

Thank you Scholl for appreciations and tips, they'll going to be very useful to me. :bg:

I hope you like the drivability too, 'cause it's what I generally concentrate most while I create a track. :)