[cir] Sitheus

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Sitheus

Post by Mad Dan »

Hi, once again I´m here with new circuit :)
This one is short and fast and fullscreen :D. Enjoy!
Attachments
Sitheus.zip
(43.04 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Sitheus.jpg
Tilt+

Re: [cir] Sitheus

Post by Tilt+ »

Eee. Do you think about something other? ;) Like rwl or stc?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samuel Beckett

facebook.com/neeksky
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

What do you mean by eee? :really: I did one rwl months ago but I´m not so good at making bigger circuits and stc is impossible for me, I tried and.... :D
MattyG

Post by MattyG »

hey dan, nice looking track, beautiful layout and great view. good job

BTW can i ask what generally font your using in the game? just wondering where its from? and wanted to ask if you could send the font via e-mail

mattgolder@yahoo.com :) :up:
Tilt+

Post by Tilt+ »

It's like with aleksinir. Still the same style ;)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samuel Beckett

facebook.com/neeksky
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

only that this is his 2nd track in this style.
Looks good anyway. I like the PoV :)
Tilt+

Post by Tilt+ »

Other way. Looking at how many tracks are in this style as for example darjo and aleksinir it gets boring. For me of course. I don't know what think other users.

facebook.com/neeksky
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

I agree, Dan builds tracks in the same style, but is it wrong? Ok, it may be boring sometimes, but if he hadn't made so many tracks in this style we wouldn't have been able to say "This track was made by Dan" without checking ;). Everyone wants to develop own style and to be recognizable. I think he has already reached this goal :).
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

Its very nice and "Generallyish" track but its too similar to "Lees" :shhh:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Funny little track, there's way too few this short tracks on the forums, specially lately.
The good layout and small but effective hmap changes make it nice to drive. It looks good too, specially I like the top left area :yummy: The tarmac dithering is really good.

One thing I never liked in your circuits is how you put sunk tyres really close to each other.. It looks rather ugly that way IMO. Same with pit crews. Also those striped areas at the ends of pit area could be larger.

And I really don't give a s*** if your tracks are similar to each other... :shake3: Some of the greatest trackmakers' ever (-Jimmy-, Pahkasika, nielske and more) tracks were all the same and nobody complained. Porsche has been the same for 80 years, and it always looked awesome.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Tilt+ wrote:It's like with aleksinir. Still the same style ;)
I agree with Lorenzo and Aleksi. And important point is, that diversity in tracks never came in work of one trackmaker (out of evolution of style), but from summary of efforts of many trackmakers, each with own personal taste (shapes and length of layouts, prefered PoV / WS, dithering, favorite theme of tracks etc.) - each of them has own (repeating) style, but sum of all tracks makes very diversified track-folders for us.

On other hand I can see bringing closer in styles of top guys (Crowella, JaK GR, Aleksi, Darjo etc.) during past 2 years, the difference in past between styles of masters were much more remarkable and unique for each IMHO (2006-07), e.g. now Qurpiz with his real-feeling facilities in big WS and without major focus on spectacular landscape makes noticeable (and by me appreciated) minority. But he's not lonely active master with very own style - Ms..., BBA, Dragon, AndHu and of course Dan too, so situation is not bad. :hiya:

And about this track? I love it. I like it much more than Lee, because the hmap (I did about 20 laps and still was not sure about ideal line!) and the river in behind is very nice (contrary to Lee, which was surrounded only by dense forest almost everywhere). But the special detail, which truly I love, are the hay bales on external side of some curves, they look very natural and appealing.

But I would like to see some more kinds of tracks from you, Dan, too. I don't agree, that you cannot make stc, I remember one cool for MiniRMX and some very impressive JE/JEA squares. :up:

:hattip:
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

I agree, that yes your tracks do have that similiar feel to them, and this in particular feels very similiar to Lees. But if it's the tracks at your highest standard, then why bother making something else if it won't be as good as some of your other full screen circuits and rallies.

Keep up the good work, and special praise for carrying on with fullscreen :bowdown:

...I also think you could make a street circuit, it may not quite be on par with some of Dragons for instance, but try more of a town circuit, i would like to see something like that, with mulitple courses, just test your skills once? :scratch:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

wow, so many replies :D. Interesting thoughts about styles and such :scratch:
I´m glad some of you liked my track :). I will see if I can make something different but you know, I make just what I like and I like this :D.

@Aleksi: you like my tarmac dithering? :D greaat, I always considered your dithering as best :bg:.