[cir] Quw (update!)

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Tennisball

[cir] Quw (update!)

Post by Tennisball »

Hi,

here's my first track. I made it with the default editor and i didn't know any name I could give it, so I let the name like the editor suggested.

Description: It's just a (almost flat) track with some curves and many palm trees.

Enjoy! I hope you like it!

Greets,
Tennisball
Attachments
Quw2.png
Quw.zip
(11.19 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Last edited by Tennisball on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Quw

Post by AleksiNir »

First of all, welcome to the forums!

Your track is very good one for being first track. But I can see it's made quickly, and to build a good track you need to use at least few hours. Taking your time is the most important thing on your way to a good trackmaker :nod:
If you want to get your track more beautiful, you can use external editors, usually they are MS Paint which is quite easy to learn, but in the end it doesn't have as many features as Photoshop, which is very handy for trackmaking but it isn't free, but GIMP has almost the same features and it is free. To open your land map in paint or something else, click export land in track editor, and then just save it as it is (it has to be 16-color, 512x512 bmp) and open in paint. Then you can experiment, and open it in track editor with import land.
You can also edit height map in other programs, also those what I mentioned, but it's much harder than lmap editing. There's also a program for this called GRHMEdit, it's very good, and it's easier to edit hmap with it. You can download it from the tools & utilities section ;)

Look what other trackmakers have put their tracks, and check out some tutorials in this forum. I'm sure, that with practise you'll become a good trackmaker :bg:
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Like the GeneRally-ish look :D
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
BlackCat89

Post by BlackCat89 »

Nice first track. Mine a few years ago was not even half as good as this (but I still love it!). One problem I see is with the pits. The AI cars will come in and be facing the cement posts, then have to do a u-turn to exit their pit box. That lone "man" at one end is like the front jack-man; the others should be parallel with the track direction. Otherwise, it's good.
Tennisball

Post by Tennisball »

Hi,

thanks for your comments, I'm happy you like it! :)
One problem I see is with the pits. The AI cars will come in and be facing the cement posts, then have to do a u-turn to exit their pit box. That lone "man" at one end is like the front jack-man; the others should be parallel with the track direction.
How can i solve this problem?
I tried out to turn the pit by 180°, but now it's even worse. Then I tried to turn it by 90°, but now they are doing mistakes again. :(

I'll try that with Gimp, Paint etc.. maybe I'll write an own tool. ;)
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

That is one of the best "first tracks" I've seen lately. It has clean lines, good looking kerbs (for TE kerbs anyway) and a fairly reasonable use of objects. Good job. But as every beginning trackmaker shoud do, have a look at the tutorials section. In addition, you should check out other tracks posted here on the forum and try to get some inspiration from them. About the pits - check other tracks how to properly rotate them.

Can't wait to see another track from you. :bg:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Nice track for a newbie. :bg:
Tennisball wrote:How can i solve this problem?
I tried out to turn the pit by 180°, but now it's even worse. Then I tried to turn it by 90°, but now they are doing mistakes again. :(
Try expanding the pit entry, as Aleksi said it looks like you are a little bit rushed in making this track. At least take your time so you can see for errors.

Export the bmp file and use the eyedropper and line tool to expand the pitlane. And don't forget to rotate the pitlane.
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
BlackCat89

Post by BlackCat89 »

Rotate the pitbox so that the cars come off the track and drive directly into the open end, i.e., the end with no yellow dot.
Tennisball

Re: [cir] Quw (update!)

Post by Tennisball »

Hi,

thank you all for your nice comments. ;)

I updated "Quw" and I think it looks better now.

-Some stands were removed.
-Many palm trees were removed.
-Office blocks were added.
-More water.
-Small "Hills" were added.
-Pits are better now.

Enjoy and have fun with the updated version of "Quw" !

Greets,
Tennisball
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Very cool start. :clap: Keep going like you did with this update. :bg:
BlackCat89

Post by BlackCat89 »

Not bad. Pits are much better now, and the AI isn't too bad, either.
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

Wait wait, did you make that track using only original Trackeditor? Or you used an external editor?
Tennisball

Post by Tennisball »

Actually I used paint for the s/f line (what could also easily be done in the original track editor), but the rest was done in the original track editor, yes.
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

Nice, respect. You used almost whole potential of original TE.