ToM discussions thread

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
RobertRacer

Re: ToM discussions thread

Post by RobertRacer »

It's possible, that someone other can (at least) start the voting for ToM-October 2014 and start the nomination for ToM-November 2014?
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

It'd be possible, if necessary, but Buka is fine, more later from himself. :)
marass

Post by marass »

Oh, thank you for nice words Ivo. I had bad just a bad feel. Ukraine seems too unstable. I just expect his words now.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

More then the half of December passed and only 3 tracks (Ottawa Racepark by zgr, Yera by Maciej1 and Nugent by Martyn and me) were released this month. Did you (ToM) have any plans to merge the voting of December 2014 with them of January 2015? :scratch:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Plans not, but it's an option of solution, if it will be necessary (let's say 10-12 tracks is OK). Last time this necessity occured on Dec '04/Jan '05 election. :scratch:

The december is not over yet, Christmas holidays bring a lot of time, so let's make some! :)
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Trigger Happy wrote:The December is not over yet, Christmas holidays bring a lot of time, so let's make some! :)
Nooo, let's not make too much tracks in this month. :shake: :D I don't have plans to release any tracks in this year any more, so it would be better from my point of view, if the elections were combined. That way I wouldn't miss the December election. :rofl:

I have 6 or 7 cars, for which I've got model ready, but physics are unfinished, so I'm gonna use my Christmas holiday in trying to finish some of these. :revs:

Phew, needed 4 edits to fix all the writing mistakes, let's hope there isn't any more of them... :doh:

5 now...
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Trigger Happy wrote:Last time this necessity occured on Dec '04/Jan '05 election. :scratch:
And even then the reason was downtime of the forums if I'm not mistaken. I just posted a track to help the situation, now it's you other guys' turn. :sweatdrop:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'm aware of it, I meant necessity to merge due natural cause - low trackmaking activity. :)
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Blast, I missed the voting deadline for the November election :doh:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Do we have enough enough tracks in December for voting or rather to merge with January? Opinions, please! :)
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

12 tracks are enough. Good job for all trackmakers from 21st December to the 31st December (and for the from 1st to 20th). :bg:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Trigger Happy wrote:Opinions, please! :)
12 tracks are enough IMHO :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

It's enough IMO (but I'm somewhat biased).
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

We're getting very inactive in tracks section (only 5 tracks this month). What about to making :tom: every 2nd month like :com: ?
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

RobertRacer wrote:We're getting very inactive in tracks section (only 5 tracks this month). What about to making :tom: every 2nd month like :com: ?
Well it's January and January is usually a month, when everybody have a lot of stuff in school because of ending semester or something like this. So i hope it's just a deflection in Track making category this month. :hide:
But i have to admit, that merging January with February is necessary IMO :ashamed:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

well if only 5 tracks have been released you have to, otherwise with 5 votes it's a guaranteed 5-way tie for first :P
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

You're right, guys. :) When it's matter of one month, an encouragement is fine, I'm glad the one around Christmas worked so well. :goal:

But we don't make tracks merely for sake of running an election, do we? The natural law is, that people, who are in need of fresh tracks and cannot download any/enough, will start making some on their own. And eventually share them? I hope so. :yummy: I believe such sort of people in need is still around, I dare to count myself among them (shame my pace of finishing something is so low :oops: ).
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

A question: would you, guys, prefer elections during 2015 every 2nd or every 3rd month? Before answering please consider a rough estimation of nominees for each of the periods and I'd welcome, if you also mention of preferred amount of votes available. :)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Trigger Happy wrote:A question: would you, guys, prefer elections during 2015 every 2nd or every 3rd month? Before answering please consider a rough estimation of nominees for each of the periods and I'd welcome, if you also mention of preferred amount of votes available. :)
I would prefer election every 2nd month, but with a new (how do we call it...) "voting system?". Every vote wouldn't be even, but we would vote for first, second and third place by giving 3 tracks 3, 2 and 1 point. That's IMHO the best solution here.

On the other hand, if "voting system" would stay the same, i prefer election every 3rd month.

That's my :2c: ;)
zgr

Post by zgr »

FRUKIScze wrote:
Trigger Happy wrote:A question: would you, guys, prefer elections during 2015 every 2nd or every 3rd month? Before answering please consider a rough estimation of nominees for each of the periods and I'd welcome, if you also mention of preferred amount of votes available. :)
I would prefer election every 2nd month, but with a new (how do we call it...) "voting system?". Every vote wouldn't be even, but we would vote for first, second and third place by giving 3 tracks 3, 2 and 1 point. That's IMHO the best solution here.

[...]

That's my :2c: ;)
I agree except one thing :P if the current voting-system will be the same, still every 2nd month please ;)
Hello.
Marco

Post by Marco »

:iagree: ToM could be run on 2 month period, but voting system doesn't need to be chnged
Owner of Wulff Motorsport team and car company
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All my released tracks and cars
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

From those two options every 2 months seem better to me as well :). Of course more tracks relased would make all of this much easier :D...
zgr

Post by zgr »

I'm just working on some ovals like i made some months (or years) ago, no pits and 200m ovals and planning to release a pack and maybe start a World Cup...but first i need some plans for more ovals :D

after that i try to release more ;) :D
Hello.
Buka

Post by Buka »

Mad Dan wrote:Of course more tracks relased would make all of this much easier :D...
I think we could back to 1-month voting period if this happens. :)
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

We could also make a rule:

7 tracks or less= 1 election for 2 months,
8 tracks or more=1 election for 1 month. :)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff