Nek Forest [cir]

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Kengp

Nek Forest [cir]

Post by Kengp »

A new track after a bit of a break. Set in a dense forest somewhere near a small river. medium to slow speed corners with two flatout corners at the end of the lap.

Please give me any feedback of anything i can improve on with future tracks
Attachments
Nek Forest.zip
(70.67 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Nek Forest.jpg
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Nek Forest [cir]

Post by Garbre »

This track is a great example for a circuit that has an overall good impression. It has a nice flow, the lines and walls, kerbs are neat and has a clean GRish style that the rest of us really like.

But upon closer look I think what it lacks is details. Most areas are rough-and-ready. Mostly the right lower part. I wouldn't put so many trees next to the underground entrance if they will block it and make it invisible. The inner fields are empty and feels like you didn't know what to make out of them. Sometimes it's best to just leave the track to rest and come back when we have more ideas to work from.

The layout is really good, but I think a more diverse height map would go better with it. The Ai is tough, although the 3rd checkpoint is rather easy to miss if you drift off of the road or get pushed out. All in all, I think this is a promising track. With future updates or remixes (if there will be any) it can even reach ToM podium. To be fair I think it's already has the requirements of a ToM nomine, but I wouldn't say this so bravely because right now we are discussing how long a nominating period should last, which means if it's longer than it used to be we will have more tracks in the compo and that makes it harder to get even nominated.

Anyway, just keep up the good work! :bg:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§