Question about track tags

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Zaximillian

Question about track tags

Post by Zaximillian »

I'm new to the boards :wave:, and maybe you guys and gals can help me out.
I understand all of these tags :bg: except for the following:

1) What makes a track a kart track?
2) What makes a track a micro track?
3) How can someone make a stage track and have that be playable with recordable times?

Thanks.
- Zaximillian
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Question about track tags

Post by Trigger Happy »

Zaximillian wrote:1) What makes a track a kart track?
real kart tracks are excluded from rwl tag so basically they are rwl kartodroms or very often it's fictional track, if its author suppose a circuit to be kart track. In this second case some elements are typical (but not mandatory) like grid divided by line parallel to side lines for ''flying starts'', unusual pit location etc, which are used on real kartodroms.
Zaximillian wrote:2) What makes a track a micro track?
Very small track with World size under 100 (but obviously even much smaller) or very short layout (3-6 secs. with default formula) on a track with bigger WS and with big zoom.
Zaximillian wrote:3) How can someone make a stage track and have that be playable with recordable times?
The driving time of the ride on stage must be shorter than 60 secs. So the stage should not be extremely long, if possible.

I hope, that this will help. If not, feel free to ask more. :bg:
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Welcome to the forum, have fun browsing it. :coolboard:

Nothing else to say, Trigger Happy said all things.
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

One more thing: I believe that tracks in which the world is shown as extremely big in proportion to cars/obejcts is also considered a micro track, eg. most of Piet's work. Correct me if I'm wrong here.:)
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

egamad wrote:One more thing: I believe that tracks in which the world is shown as extremely big in proportion to cars/obejcts is also considered a micro track, eg. most of Piet's work. Correct me if I'm wrong here.:)
I'm not so sure about that. If my memory serves me correctly, none of Piet's tracks had a micro tag (or maybe the track tags were not "invented" yet)

However from some point of view such tracks (I call them micro machines tracks) could also be tagged with the micro tag.
....hmmm, I think we need to clear this out and write it down in the track uploading handbook to avoid future confusion.

BTW, do you think my Roulette track should be tagged as micro track? I do consider it as a "Micro machines" track...
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Piet's tracks popped into my mind first, but also Roulette is the type of track I'm talking about. I always considered these tracks as "micros" for some reason.
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I agree with LongBow. Micro idea of is related AFAIK only with microscopic track size - element with strong influence on its drivability (some people really don't like them as useless and don't want download them - so they don't need to even bother open topics with mic tag). Tracks like Roulette, Book GP or various slot-like tracks or RC tracks are simply ''other'' tracks, there is drivabitily similar to regular fic. track, just impression from environment is another.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Than I guess it should be a good idea to update the "Handbook for uploading of tracks" thread where the tags are explained, adding a comment to the micro tag...lets say: tracks with world size equal or smaller than 100
Paw

Post by Paw »

LongBow wrote:Than I guess it should be a good idea to update the "Handbook for uploading of tracks" thread where the tags are explained, adding a comment to the micro tag...lets say: tracks with world size equal or smaller than 100
Well, remember, that the track can be 255 WS, but zoomed very much, so in fact it should be considered as micro.