[cir] Spektrum

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Arrow#17

[cir] Spektrum

Post by Arrow#17 »

g'dday folks! new one from me:

Spektrum international race circuit

so this is a short and tight circuit situated in the middle of a pine forrest. very simple layout, but dont let it fool you, its a challenge to get a really quick lap time in. it has 6 turns, with an off camber turn 2 hairpin, a devilish little chicane and a closing radius turn 5 with a little kink onto the main straight.

Tips:
the ai is fairly good (not brilliant) so it makes it a bit hard to pass with so few corners. i suggest an inside out brakeing manover into turn two, or turn 5. if you play rough, then nuging them wide into the second half of the chicane will put them into the hay bales and stop them dead.

for a quick lap, i suggest ignoring turn 1, and arrowing straight for turn 2, and cutting it as much as possible. the chicane can be negated by making one smooth radius cornet from the middle of the grandstand on the back straight, through the chicane and nosing onto the ripple for turn 5. (so turn in slightly at the stand and just let it flow all the way to turn 5) then go as close to the hay bales on the inside of 5 as you can, and straighten up for the kink and onto the straight.

anyway, enough yabbering from me... as always:
rate, comment and enjoy

Arrow#17 :roses:
Attachments
Spektrum.zip
track file
(81.82 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
screen shot
screen shot
Spektrum.JPG (138.33 KiB) Viewed 4140 times
If you can't race it, eat it, or screw it, its a waste of your time.
Check my latest tracks!
> [cir] Kmin
> [stc] Ezik Rd
Arrow#17
Cristiano Bohessef

Re: [cir] Spektrum

Post by Cristiano Bohessef »

You commented in my last track:
"looks great, but its a bit too narrow for racing imo... still nice tho"

Funny you said it, it's just what I think for this track, in the races here the AI's (and me, why not? :D ) hit those hay bales all around, it's not easy... ;) . But the track is good anyway :bg:
ECOlogic Racing Team
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

This was too narrow for me also, I changed the WS from 120 to 150, and voila.....problem solved.

Nice work, the layout is simple, but the racing is great on it.
It's nice seeing people making more small tracks again (WS smaller than 200).

Arrow#17

Post by Arrow#17 »

lol, ok, too narrow. thanks for the feedback guys, i'll keep at it with the next few

and i also like the smaller worldsize tracks. always seem to get better racing from them

just out of interest, what cars were you using that kept hitting the walls Cristiano?

Arrow#17
Check my latest tracks!
> [cir] Kmin
> [stc] Ezik Rd
Arrow#17
Cristiano Bohessef

I used the original formula, but it's not a problem of AI line or something like that, it's because of the 'too narrow' problem ;) It's when you try to overtake, there is not enough space for two cars in the best line, so, wall :lol: . For the same reason in the start I'm almost always bumped out of the track :( :mrgreen:

But that's it, the track is great, just remember to do it wider next time (this is for me too :D ) :bg:
ECOlogic Racing Team
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

I had that "Haybale-hitting" problem too, with J4ber's DTM-pack, and also with th 1982 formula's by (?).
Arrow#17

Post by Arrow#17 »

if its just you hitting them, and when your passing... maybe slow down? or dont pass there? lol
:rofl:

but if it is the ai regularly hitting it... hmm, i optimised it for the standard formula and wtc cars... so i dunno...
Check my latest tracks!
> [cir] Kmin
> [stc] Ezik Rd
Arrow#17
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Arrow#17 wrote:if its just you hitting them, and when your passing... maybe slow down? or dont pass there? lol
:rofl:
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that. :mrgreen:
Cristiano Bohessef

Anything but slow down!!! :D

'dont pass there'- anytime you try to overtake this track there is a hit with someone/something. :?
ECOlogic Racing Team
Arrow#17

Post by Arrow#17 »

ha ha ha ha ha

oh well, the next few will be wider for better racing

quick question, a few tracks ago i tryed to not get hung up on the look of the track, but for this i put a bit of effort in, so what does everyone think of the look?
Check my latest tracks!
> [cir] Kmin
> [stc] Ezik Rd
Arrow#17
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think, that's wonderful. The dithering makes it much nicer and fits differently the map, your PoVs are great everytime. For me only 2nd curve is too tight, so it's almost 5/5. For me candidate for vote in ToM surely. :bg: