[ral] Monster supercross

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.

Would you be interested in competing on a supercross series??

Poll ended at Sat May 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Yes
37%
No
44%
Monster jam series could be more interesting
19%

Total votes: 27
dead14vii1640

[ral] Monster supercross

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Right now, I'm in some kind of "track creating rage" :trampo: . Since I've found that I can make lots of things in just 64x64, I think I'm gonna start making a supercross (tracks longer than 35"-40") trackpack.

NOTES:
· This future supercross trackpack can become a championship if you're interested. Future tracks will have newer things because it's gonna include stadium AND outdoor tracks.
· This is gonna be my main project for a while since NOBODY is interested in helping me making Lmap+Hmap vehicles for my Monster jam arenas :weep: .

Round 1
This track has a couple of special things:
· 3 VERY narrow straights (I found I could only make 5 decent straights so I made this "experiment")
· Safety elements (concrete posts and hay bales)
· In my opinion, a VERY cool rythmn section on the lowest straight of the track (the screenshot shows the good line)
Attachments
MSx1-0.rar
Monster-supercross-rd 1 (original track, without modifications)
(50 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Into the hole, over the tabletop and triple
Into the hole, over the tabletop and triple
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [oth] Monster supercross

Post by egamad »

Just to let you know, I voted NO, but I never participate in any compos, so it doesn't really count. :P And about the stadium - I think it's great to have some other sort of tracks than just circuits and rallies, but I still think you could polish it a bit more around the edges (all tarmac isn't very nice for example), but still nice effort. :bg:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

6 entries wouldn't be enough but the percentage is far better than I expected (about 30% of the votes). If anyone is specially interested in the series, PLEASE send me a private message so I can day-dream :goodvibes: about the series.
If we get to 10 or 12 entries, there'll be a championship, FOR SURE :rocks: .
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

it looks quite funny from screen but lmap is very poor :shrug: just one colour surface is bad, you should definetly use some dithering, with mud and gravel and maybe oil also to make nice texture, now it´s really plain :shrug:. But don´t give up, it needs just time ;)

about compo, I´m organizing monster truck compo but it isn´t like the one you want :D. Noone will join some "maybe in future" competition, if you want to try it just make a thread and see if someone will sign up :shhh: :D
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Dan Hakulín wrote:it looks quite funny from screen but lmap is very poor :shrug: just one colour surface is bad, you should definetly use some dithering, with mud and gravel and maybe oil also to make nice texture, now it´s really plain :shrug:. But don´t give up, it needs just time ;)

about compo, I´m organizing monster truck compo but it isn´t like the one you want :D. Noone will join some "maybe in future" competition, if you want to try it just make a thread and see if someone will sign up :shhh: :D
I don't wanna waste my time organizing a competition no one would join. That's why I need to make a poll and wait for the results (it'll be opened for 4 weeks or so but I'll make my decision in 2 or so).
I don't like dithering very much 'cause the track works PERFECT with this surface. By dithering, cars may be slowed down and speed is KEY so this track is still fun.

NOTE: Non-graphical feedback (comments about your feelings when driving it) will also be welcomed!!! ;)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Okay, so I just downloaded your track. From the start, it looks awesome :bg:

But still, there are several things you should know:

Start Gate - Start gate would make the track look better. Try to put a start gate on the starting line to really get the "Indoor Stadium Dirt Track" vibe on it.

Banked Hairpin turns - Usually, an Indoor Stadium Dirt Tracks has a banked curve on hairpins. I don't know if it should be implemented on your course but I only say this based on my experience on seeing indoor tracks (especially motorcross).

Apart from that, your track is really good to be used with the Original Monster Truck and Ms' dirt motorcycles. Keep on doing this man :)
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog