[cir] L'Kiaw

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] L'Kiaw

Post by Emil Patanen »

A new track is already coming from me. I had much time to make this track on the weekend, so I got it finished faster than I expected.

The track is almost like a normal circuit but one of the straights(it's actually a very gentle corner) is laid on a public road.
Attachments
L Kiaw.png
L Kiaw.zip
(46.71 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
Santana 2.0

Re: [cir] L'Kiaw

Post by Santana 2.0 »

Wow, you made a nice "Mini-Spa" here, at least, I think this...

BTW, nice track! :bg:
Revenge is never full, it kills the soul and poisons. (By Seu Madruga)
MattyG

Post by MattyG »

Great lookin track, i love The idea of having that corner on a normal road. Makes racing here somethink special. 4.5/5 :)
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

i think that i've seen this course before :scratch:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

This is a great track! It's very nice to drive on, the layout is very good. Especially I like the last 3 corners combination, and the corner in bottom right. Chicanes have perfect speed level.
Hmap surprised me on first lap in some places, that's very good too.
It looks alright too, but there's nothing special. You can try using more textures, you can make them easily with Photoshop or the free GIMP, also some simple textures with Paint. Check the tutorials section, for example Darjo's texture video tutorial, and TGF's/Tilt's GIMP tutorial.
I would suggest also to put stronger sand dithering to runoffs, and hay bales would've looked good also in those places where you didn't put them. Some more gaps in concrete walls wouldn't hurt. ;)

As the old-skool trackmakers of this style have retired (Pahkasika, nielske, and JaK GR releases like one track a year), it's great to see some new faces :D I'll look forward to your next tracks!
a1b23

Post by a1b23 »

great track, but i find the pit entrance way too tight and too close to the exit of the corner, and maybe add some walls around the entrance as well.
Joi_gal

Post by Joi_gal »

hi i think your track looks great! i like the idea of the main road at the top. i also like the little rally track at the bottom it really adds detail to the track.
Hi i am Joi_Gal. A female trackmaker
I'm new to track making ;)