[rwl] [cir] Roskilde Ring

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Roskilde Ring V3

Post by Trigger Happy »

Alex wrote:EDIT: THE ORIGINAL TOPIC'S LOCKED SO I HAD TO MAKE A NEW ONE.
I don't think so, the topic was locked just about 40 minutes during Sunday between XYY's and my posts. :really:

Topics merged.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Roskilde Ring

Post by AleksiNir »

I don't understand why you wanted to improve the track, specially when it isn't much better now.

LupinIIIfan32 seems to be a troll anyway. (Maybe you're his accomplice.)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Topic locked again because of your behavior, Aleksi...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I cannot see any sign of trolling in improving of a track, even if by very small steps. This is not place just for just excellent trackmakers and their almost perfect creations, but for everybody, who has fun from trackmaking and want to share with us results of his pleasure, so calm down little bit, Aleksi, please.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

@ AleksiNir: this time we're going to give you a verbal warning, because of bad attitude, and public shaming of a member. Please bear in mind, that mods of RSC did strip once an award. We don't want to make the same on this forum... ;)
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Alex

Post by Alex »

NEW ROSKILDE V4!!! (By Alex, LupinIIIFan32 and XYY)
This is the final version of the track. XYY has improved the Hmap so now you can properly race without slowing down for the bridge. On V3, you had to slow down because either (a) you would hit the bridge or (b) you would be sent flying into the air because of the Hmap by the Politiken logo. The Pirelli logo has now been properly coloured (i accidently used brown instead of black :? ) and the pit area is more rounder. The only known glitch is that in a race, the opponents would be nowhere to be seen in the track because the positions are too close. To combat this issue, drive the smallest car in the race. A Cv2 version is also included. Have fun! :wave:
And about Aleksinir, he was being sarcastic :rofl:
Attachments
Roskilde V4 Final.zip
(185.13 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Roskilde V4 CV2.PNG
Roskilde V4.PNG
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

It still looks poor, even after all the work that you've apparently put in - still looks like a 5 minute drawing in track editor with some objects placed at random. Very empty and very plain, and the writing on the track is also annoying. I don't know what the real Roskilde looks like, but this feels very poor. I would agree with the comments that say scrap it and start again from scratch. ;)
Alex

Post by Alex »

This is the track in real life.
Attachments
RoskildePic.gif
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

You can see from the picture that it's not full grass field but mostly sand, also houses etc. I've driven this in rFactor and it's funny track but this version doesn't do justice to it..
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Roskilde is an extremly tight and short track, it's a rollercoaster. Quite an improvement, but I'm sure you can do better ;)
Bunchies

Post by Bunchies »

DXTR wrote:@ AleksiNir: this time we're going to give you a verbal warning, because of bad attitude, and public shaming of a member. Please bear in mind, that mods of RSC did strip once an award. We don't want to make the same on this forum... ;)
I actually agree with Aleksi. I think that seeing the same basic version of the track released many times over would point to an unwillingness to take the advice given from very experienced members. The track has been slightly smoothed over in a few areas, but is largely the same, despite having 4 versions released.

This along with the OP's offense to the "joke" comment (despite being a very common phrase with a universal meaning in the English language) would indicate that perhaps we are being played. :bg:

In any case, this is just my opinion. And if the OP is here to improve his track making skills, great! In the end, it's all harmless fun anyway, but I would hate to see someone singled out for picking up on the subtleties of the OP. :cool2:

So let's enjoy some GR! :bg:
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

Its still not there.. Lmap needs to be smoother, logos on asphalt still looks poor and needs better placement (especially "Politiken"). There is too much of plain grass, lmap around the track needs some details.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I just gave him the 8 mintue improved hmap :hide: , and he released...
Bunchies

Post by Bunchies »

XYY wrote:I just gave him the 8 mintue improved hmap :hide: , and he released...
With permission?
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

That shouldnt be the problem :roll: