[rwl] [cir] Ingliston

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
LupinIIIFan32

[rwl] [cir] Ingliston

Post by LupinIIIFan32 »

Ingliston

I have finally finished my 3-month masterpiece! The course: Ingliston. Holding regular events from 1965-92, Ingliston was built on the Royal Highland Showground. With the track's extension in 1968, many drivers including the late Barry Sheene, Ross and Eddie Cheever, as well as many local drivers came to race at Ingliston. I have included 2 tracks: The 1965-68 "short course" and the 1968-92 "long circuit". There are no pits; It was originally like that, so I created it like that. Hope you enjoy!
Attachments
Ingliston.zip
(36.79 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Ingliston 68.gif
Ingliston 65.gif
Paw

Re: [rwl] [cir] Ingliston

Post by Paw »

Well. I believe you, that it took you 3 months, but probably you didn't spend more than 40 minutes in total. I don't think, that I have to tell you, that this track is rather below our standards here, you can see this looking on other creations. But don't give up, you should now practice. First step is to learn how to export Landmap to edit it in Paint.
You need to click on "Land" button just besides "Export". Then, you can edit your track in Paint or other software. Take your time making the drawing as good as you can. After you finish, you need to click in "Lmap" button again, but besides "Import" this time.
Also, you should take a look in Tutorials subforum and read some of them. Try to improve your tracks according to them, and just - take your time and practice.

As first, just try to make simple layout in Paint or in SnakeDitor.
So, I hope that this can help you in improving your work. :hattip: We will surely be waiting for your next release to see, how you are going better!
BlackCat89

Post by BlackCat89 »

If you enjoy racing on your tracks, then go for it. I did download this track and have to say, it's terrible. The Hmap is too severe and cars take on too much damage. With no pits, none ever get fixed. The original may not have had any, but this one really does. The A.I. does not flow well around each corner. On the '68 track, a booth is "nearly" invisible on the back stretch and took out nearly everyone in the short race I ran. I quit before lap 2.

With some extra reading and time spent on each track, they could get a LOT better! 1/10 (it did have lots of nice grass).
LupinIIIFan32

Post by LupinIIIFan32 »

BlackCat89 wrote:I On the '68 track, a booth is "nearly" invisible on the back stretch and took out nearly everyone in the short race I ran. I quit before lap 2.
Thanks for that. I just realized that one was there. I sent a pack of Formula Fords around, and each one hit it.
MD

Post by MD »

Why don't you try to make your tracks a bit more realistic? :scratch:
You should use MS Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, etc. for the LMap, Snakeditor for the layout, HMap Editor for the HMap. These programs are really useful. Make a try on your next map.
I agree with Paw. It's still a poor one. :really:
GuEss what's coming up nExt!