[rwl] [ovl] [ral] Daytona Beach-Road Course

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
scook120

[rwl] [ovl] [ral] Daytona Beach-Road Course

Post by scook120 »

This is my first track that I've uploaded, Daytona Beach-Road course. This is the NASCAR layout from 1948-1958, when racing stopped due to the Daytona Superspeedway being built. The track starts on the Beach, then goes on to gravel (closest I could get to dirt) then on to road, then back on to the beach.

track tags corrected - edited by DXTR
Attachments
shot0002.jpg
DaytonaBeach.zip
(5 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: (rwl) (ovl) (ral) Daytona Beach-Road Course

Post by Lukeno94 »

Firstly, track tags use [] not (), please change. Secondly, exactly how long did you spend on this? Looks a bit rushed to me, which is a shame because Daytona Beach was interesting. Try to draw smoother tracks with the rope tool and external editors, and to smooth the HMAP as well. Also, the real Daytona Beach surely wasn't this empty... you could zoom in as well to hide some of the empty areas. Dithering would be quite necessary here, as the three surface changes clash hugely.
Alex

Re: [rwl] [ovl] [ral] Daytona Beach-Road Course

Post by Alex »

Yeah, like Lukeno94 said you should have spent more time. Next time use Paint or Photoshop or GIMP to edit the Lmap. Don't worry though, i have seen worse :hide:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)