[ral] Itulu

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ral] Itulu

Post by TuomoH »

After a long break, here's finally a new release from me. What we've got here is somewhat narrow rally track. Therefore, the best car to use here is the original Mini, at least when racing with the AI.

Have fun and feel free to comment. :cool2:
Attachments
itulu.jpg
itulu.zip
(72.72 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ral] Itulu

Post by egamad »

Nice to see you back in action. This track is very appealing, and I found myself driving ~20 laps, when I just wanted to give it a quick try. :roll:

I think it uses similarly constructed dithering as your Secov, and it suits the track well IMO, also love the rocks/mountains. :bg: When I was just looking at the picture, I thought the muddy texture is too strong, but in the end I started to like it, but I still feel like it's too uniform and doesn't blend with the rest of the lmap too well. I also found that the layout is taking up too much space, so it's coming very close to track edges a couple of times and is leaving no room for scenery. :|
But then again I almost got the goose bumps for the first time when entering the bottom right hairpin - you can't see the hmap very well and it just dragged me along because I was too fast. :scared: And one more thing I like about the hmap is, that even though you can feel it, it doesn't affect your driving too much, as long as you stay on course. But as soon as you miss the road, you're pretty much toast. :lol:

To sum it up, it's a great piece, fun to drive and neat, but I would have set it in a bigger world size and work more on the surroundings.
:star: :star: :star: :star: :exstar:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot, egamad. :hattip:

This track has been in the making for over 5 years, and I've actually preview it for the first time at RSC in 2005... Therefore, dithering, hmap and layout are very old already since I haven't touched those after I made the first rough version of the track. After that, I've been playing with surfaces before settling to this. Then, I was stuck very long since it didn't somehow work, tried a bit different surroundings but there was just something wrong so it kept lying on my HD for years. Finally everything seemed to click to me when I made the ws smaller - it also forced me to change the preferred car to Mini. Didn't feel like making more with the looks since this quite simplistic seemed to fit it. I actually finished this in April, it's just been missing name since until yesterday. :D

Once more, thanks for the thorough comment.

Anything else?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Another great rally. :heyea: And we can expect soon the finished JE track soon too. Is it a secret plan of gaining control over the world by rally trackmakers? :eyes:

I admit, that zigzagging between those monumental rocks is extraordinary fun, Tuomo. :bg: It's natural even in this old school style and 100% effective. :bsmile: I wish more finished tracks by you. cheerleader:

:hattip:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot for the comment, Ivo, and even more thanks for giving me that kick to finally get this released. :bg:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Another rally these days :D

This one is really good :bg:. Those rocks look fine, remebers me little bit one trackmaker (Mac Gyver) but I don´t know if anyone remebers him too :D. You did Hmap very interesting, layout is good and dithering is done in quite original way :). Thanks for this one :goodvibes:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks Dan. :) Of course I remember MacGyver - but don't think these are influenced by him. ;)

Other comments?