[cir] Zapadákov

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Zapadákov

Post by Mad Dan »

If anyone remember my old historical tracks (Pirita 1933, Moss Park 1967, Reichenberg, Flinette) and old trackproject drom RSC days (Class ´76 based on carpack by Fechna?). Here comes one track which could fit into both series :). Also I´d be glad if LongBow re-uploaded some of those tracks one day :yummy:. Maybe it is also a bit inspired by Westheim.
Zapadakov
First, I´d like to say thank you to Krisu for his historical palette, which is recomended to use with this track :bg:. Recomended car is original formula as I made AI line for it, but I belive it would fit others too. I admit there are view-blocking trees but I found that rather challenging than being problem :). For sure you will notice Hmap that plays quite a role at Zapadakov. Fences are close to track and dense forest is all around, if you want to watch races here I recomend not to go to stands but into forest and watch race cars just fly around but stand near 3rd corner should be good too. I wanted to make nice paddock too so I hope you found it appealing :D. I will finish saying that this is maybe the longest description I wrote for single track :D.

Hope you will like it :) :cflag:
Attachments
Zapadakov.JPG
Zapadakov.zip
(78.85 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Zapadákov

Post by XYY »

:tom: :wow: :bowdown:
This is approx 10 times better than any other Track I saw from you (and those aren't bad)! I love it. Simply great :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

To start i have to say that the paddock is very appealing. You did a nice job with it. :bg:
The Hmap makes the track pretty hard but i like it ofcourse.
The "piles" of haybales that you usually use look nice in this one too.
And it's nice that you didn't use "naziskunks". The skunk tyres in the two first corners are maby a bit too "nicely" placed but it's nice that you can use the whole kerb. ;)
I also like the dithering you use on the tarmac surfaces on your tracks. :bg:

If i should name some cons it would be that the tracks isn't so appealing if you don't use the historical pal. I mean , it doesn't look bad but it's not as nice as with the pal. But ofcourse it's mabe to be used with the historical pal. :)

You could maby haved zoomed in just a little bit so that the wall in the bottom doesn't show. But maby it would cover up something in the top, don't know... It pokes my eye a bit. :P (doesn't show on the screenshot)

All in all, great work. :bg:
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I couldn't ignore remembering the Reichenberg while testing it, even almost it's looking like its V2 by some ways (especially layout - long fast right hairpin, slower left one, then tight corner to right and fast section with arguable options of ideal line). But this track is really good job, mature effort in any point, I really like it. Contrary to Mr.J I would prefer narrower kerbs or closer sunk tyres. :D And truly thumb up for paddock. :up:
Pako

Post by Pako »

Great track, with great name ;)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Thanks for your comments and downloads :)

@XYY: thanks :shy:
@Mr.J: I´m glad you like it :D. I was thinking about sunk tyres, maybe they are too much away from track :scratch: anyway :D
@Ivo: Oh yes, Reichenberg. I know layouts are quite simmilar but I hope this one is better :).
@Pako: Only few of us can understand what does it mean :mrgreen:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Then tell us what it means please...
Cause I didnt find it at cesky wikipedia. :vsad:
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

According to google transleet Zapa dá kov means Lighter metal can :mrgreen:

Track's layout is a bit simple though.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Quklis: :roflmao:

No, it's something like English name Nowheresville, Podunk, Gotham or words jerk-town, boonlocks and backlands. I don't know, which fits best.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Maybe in the middle of nowhere? ;)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

No, there should be city or something in that name. But anyway, it has nothing to do with the track :D it´s just name. I´d like to have more comments about track itself...
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

Ohh, this track makes me feel racing in 60's or sth.. Love the layout, runoffs and objects. Everything is as it should be. I think you need to think a little bit more about your track names (maybe something more "english" next time?)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

ZeroCool wrote:... I think you need to think a little bit more about your track names (maybe something more "english" next time?)
Finns are always filling forums by tracks with Finnish names. Why Czechs cannot do same? :D
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

I think that english is a boring language cos it's overused (no offence). In fact, even if I didn't know what the name meant I thought it sounded awesome.

I don't like so much the wide kerbs and the trees blocking the view in the upper corner. Good work though :)
Signatures are overrated
don_fifi

Post by don_fifi »

FTA, good name :bg:
I have no problem with the trees, the only problem I have is that since I usually use "safe-pit" the kerbs slow my car :D
but it's not the track's fault.
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

Dunno lol, I just dont like -ákov and other similar name endings :P its just my taste..
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

The track was much nicer to drive than what I expected! It has a nice hmap, specially I liked the hill on the main straight.

I actually liked it more with default palette than the historic palette, because in it the contrast between sand and grass isn't good. Anyway it looks nice, only thing that is bad to me, is the area under pitmen. It having the same texture as rest of the road, and not any lines or something between them just looks wrong to me... Using the texture of paddock there would've been much better :nod: I don't like the kerbs either, they usually are the weakest part of your circuits :D

:clap:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

AleksiNir wrote:... I don't like the kerbs either, they usually are the weakest part of your circuits :D
But he improved a lot on this. :shhh: When I remember on early kerbs of a Reichenberg test version in deep past ... :D
kuba

Post by kuba »

There is no pit-line for AIs :(
Alex

Post by Alex »

kuba, as the moderators will tell you, please don't post in a topic that has been inactive for a month, especially when it's a year old.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
kuba

Post by kuba »

As in rules stands:

"4. The user doesn't post a reply into inactive and old topics unless he need to notify very important matter of fact"

I recognized the fact that we will race this track in Muscle Car Cup S1 very soon and track has no pit-line for AIs as really worth to mention here.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

If you read the previous page (and my reply to your comment in that thread), you will realize than Dan is already aware of the lack of a pit AI line in his track. ;)
Genetleman
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Genetleman »

This is a really marvellous masterpiece, very good to make car design shots as well
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Need more X tracks and cars? Check out
http://genetleman.jimdo.com and / or http://jolly.yoll.net

MBX6-T driver