[cir] Montagne

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Niko K

[cir] Montagne

Post by Niko K »

A mountainous circuit spiced up with some creeks that run through the landscape. The HMap changes quite much throughout the circuit and the downhill corners can prove to be trickier than they look. The track is really wide and it's actually designed for fast cars like the Astor GR-X or the Ferrari Series as is the AI line.

Hope you enjoy it! :bsmile:

Edit - (24.11.2010) - Replaced the track with an updated version. The pit has been redone and booths removed from between the stands and replaced with a tunnel bridge.
Attachments
Montagne.png
Montagne.rar
(80.64 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Last edited by Niko K on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Re: [cir] Montagne

Post by masa »

It's a really good scenery. I'll give a perfect score for the land-map. So, HMap is not bad, too. AI-line very good.. But the course width is too wide for me. And I want a little more device in the pit area.

Anyway, a splendid track! :nod:

4/5!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

It looks great to me, which is why I also find the pitlane very disappointing. It looks like you designed it in 30 seconds flat - at least make the pitboxes blend better rather than being 90 degree corners. However, apart from that, as I said, it does look really good!
Niko K

Post by Niko K »

Thanks for your comments! I'm still a newcomer and looking at the track now I understand the critique and I did rush a bit too much with the pit. But in overall, this being my third track, I think my skills as a trackmaker have improved quite a lot.

All critique is really important, so I know what to avoid and what to do better in the future. :nod:

I'm truly pleased (and surprised) for such positive reviews, cheers guys! :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Wonderful landscape, the top half is lovely. :wow: I don't like just two things - all the hay bales on sides of s/f straight and then the dense forest in both bottom corners. There could be some simple things partially related to the paddock - at least a path to it, because now it all is quite in the middle of nowhere. ;)

:star: :star: :star: :star: :exstar:
Areen

Post by Areen »

I love this track, but pit is just boring ;d
Niko K

Post by Niko K »

Since the pit buildings received a lot of controversy, I decided to redo them. I also added a tunnel bridge between the stands, just as a visual effect. Check the starting post to view the changes & download.

I did this because I think a track as good as this deserved a better looking pit. I hope it's looking better now. :scratch:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, it looks better now, but my comment about the actual pit area, not the buildings, still stands. But that's just me. :D
Niko K

Post by Niko K »

Maybe I'm taking too much pressure from the critique, but it's just because I want to make tracks that you guys enjoy racing on. I'm not trying to be a track master at first try, but I'd like to answer the level of quality you're used to. I'm always trying to push myself to the next level in everything I do, that's just my artistic nature. :roll:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The update is great - both pits and the forest. :bsmile:

Thanks! :bowdown:
Niko K

Post by Niko K »

Glad you like it Ivo! :bg: