[roa] Minor Road(update)

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
MattyG

[roa] Minor Road(update)

Post by MattyG »

Minor Road

Minor Road is a frictional road circuit is some far away village, with some hmap changes around most corners. AI is very strong here so be prepared to get smacked around the track quite a bit :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy :cflag:

Comments/Feedback more then welcome :nod:

EDIT - A Minor update for you guys,

1.Removed the landmap barn with just a normal styled house ;) looks much better. thanks for the advice
2.added a bit more dirthing
i may update it more, sooner or later :roll:

u can download the new 1 in this ZIP file :coffee:
Attachments
Minor Road.zip
(68.86 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Minor Road.jpg
Minor Road.jpg
Last edited by MattyG on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JaK_GR
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [roa] Minor Road

Post by JaK_GR »

It's nice and neat track but the Lmap building on middlefield doesn't really work. It would look much better if it was replaced by some ordinary house complex, that's what I quickly did for the track after downloading. As for the rest, I like its freshness and simplicity decorated with some pretty details. Especially well done with flower meadows. :)
LAVI
Location: From your home drive straight, right, left, right, U-turn, left, right, left, straight and TADA!

Post by LAVI »

Hm... I don't like the barn as it isn't 3d. But,4.50 from me :)
LAVIProductions2011
-------------------------------------------------------------
Owner of team WaveRace
Speedy47

Post by Speedy47 »

The quality of your track relies, I think, on the very nice work done on dithering and the ''Road'' feeling (although it would have made it twice as realistic if it would be linked to a road going outside the track... I never saw a loop of tarmac lost in the middle of nowhere! :scratch: ) This is only a suggestion by the way, you make tracks the way you want them to be made!

I think it would only require a bit more experience on Lmap buildings to get the barn right (it takes time and practice, most trackmakers are afraid of LMap buildings, but when you master this art :o Sky's the limit on what you can do with it!) :)

So I'd say the track itself is really nice, it only needs a bit more work on the heart of it which is that barn! :D

Keep up the good work :bg:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Pretty good but as Speedy47 mentioned, the Lmap barn is way out of perspective :eyes:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
1nsane

Re: [roa] Minor Road(update)

Post by 1nsane »

This is the sort of track that makes me wish I could still play GR. Nice little track with a loooong turn being nearly half of the whole track. I have to say that the update was a smart move, since now the track looks complete and very good. I like what you did with the lines on the track, that alone makes the track look fresh. I'm not too sure about the copy paste pattern of the rocks in the background, though, since they look so clearly copy pasted. This part is shown in the picture. If there appears to be some sort of a seam, just hide it. ;)
I also added another square... I'd suggest that you add those circle thingies on that whole area, that you had between the fences, this might make the part look more continuing, since now the circles are a bit separated from everything else.

But as I said in the beginning, as a track this is of top quality! The points I stated are just minor details and nit-pickyness. :) With those little fixes I'd say this could even be nominated. If I just knew how that system actually worked... :P
Attachments
grra.jpg
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

@ 1nsane: why can you not play GR?

@ Matty: Great track - good work
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
MattyG

Post by MattyG »

thanks for all the comments. ;)

@ 1nsane i made them cliffs look like that on purpose, i wanted them to look straight as they could look, but thanks for the info on the circles and all!