View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
 [cir] Imesque 

GeneRally Trackmaster

Post [cir] Imesque
Here is the latest track that I have finished. It's based on an abandoned WIP by Pahkasika.

Imesque is an old track, which was built in 1985. There weren't many races held on the track, due to which the track became unprofitable. Thus the original owner of the track stopped taking care of keeping the track in good form in the middle of 90s and soon the track became abandoned. After that some volunteers were keeping the track in good enough condition to be able to race on the track. They were holding their own races there, but by the time the track was more and more rarely used. Therefore the willingness of volunteers to be responsible for the track's condition decreased. A couple of years ago the track got abandoned again, and by now it has become in the condition as it is.

Attachments:
Imesque.zip [95.6 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
Imesque.png
Imesque.png [ 194.27 KiB | Viewed 916 times ]

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:05 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: [cir] Imesque
Really lovely! It looks abandoned indeed, and the track has a unique aura. It also plays well. The upper region is a bit disturbing for me as it is almost off-screen, otherwise it is a great nice track!

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:07 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

Thanks, mizzamar, for the comment. :)

Any other comments?

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

Another great track after L.Rosamunda! :clap:

The track is quite narrow, but is a lot more fluent than it looks on the picture. Layout isn't outstanding, but not bad either (but I suppose Pahkasika made it). Object placement is fine and so is lmap. Those muddy tyre marks spice the scenery up a bit. :bg:

Hmap caught me off guard in the topmost part, resulting in heavy damage, but that was just the first lap. :P The rest of hmap is quite smooth and suits the track. But those random water spots don't IMO. The lmap and cactii give impression of arid climate, so all the water seems a bit illogical.

But the overall feeling is very good, it's a keeper for me. :nod:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

Thanks for a detailed comment, egamad. :D

egamad wrote:
Layout isn't outstanding, but not bad either (but I suppose Pahkasika made it). - - Hmap caught me off guard in the topmost part, resulting in heavy damage, but that was just the first lap. :P The rest of hmap is quite smooth and suits the track.

Layout indeed was made by Pahkasika. Also hmap is almost like it was when Pahkasika abandoned the track. I did only few changes, mostly smoothening, on it.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Wonderful track. Great layout and attention to detail. This is one of my favorites.

101/100

Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.11, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race against those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:24 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.Ratings: 0, 0.00 on the average.